Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 09-21-2012, 07:29 AM   #1
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
My current status

I know we have not posted much lately. I have a sad update, my beloved Janet passed away this Tuesday, it was a complete shock to me because she had been doing relatively well other than some flu symptoms for the last day or two. Once I get through the next few hectic days, I'll probably continue to read the forum and every once in a while chime in when I have something useful to add. I am overwhelmed at the loss of my very best friend ever, she was so much more than my wonderful wife, she knew how to make me smile and accepted every facet of my self and helped me to enjoy the last 16+ years.
Janet was a concert trained pianist (I'm just an old rock and roll keyboard player that drives nails for a living these days) and was the Music Director/Pianist at our church for several years, though I had said many years ago that I would never re-marry, after we met and started hanging around together, it just ended up being inevitable. We breed and show Bengal and Oriental Shorthair cats as a hobby since we both love animals (cats in particular). She was also a high performance car enthusiast with a fondness for mid '50s T-Birds, a NASCAR fan and she really wanted to experience a ride in a first gen Z/28, never was able to make that happen for her. I'm going to paste a short piece that I wrote on my Facebook status Tuesday evening, I think it expresses a little about how close we were.

"Janet, my beloved wife and best friend ever, heard God's Call today and answered it. I will miss her very, very much and tonight there is a huge part of my heart missing, you always knew how to cheer me up, make me smile and always encouraged me. I shall miss hearing you practice the piano and the breath taking pieces you performed. I will miss your running dialogue on the judges at a cat show, your dry wit and humour, I will miss gazing at you while you slept peacefully. The last 16 years of my life were brighter and fuller because you were part of it. And I will always love you for the rest of my years. Play for the Angels tonight, play on always, this is your encore."

I'm taking each day minute by minute at this point, some good, some bad, I know it will be a long process, but with help from my family and friends locally and all of my friends from forums of many different subject matters, I'll eventually get to the point I need to be.
Clyde

Note: If the mods feel this is inappropriate to this forum, feel free to move it to another topic area, I won't be offended.
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:44 AM   #2
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Condolences, Clyde.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:47 AM   #3
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Can't even imagine what you're going through right now, just know that you will have lots of love and support from your friends here. Being that she was a music director at your church I'm sure you know what a comfort it is knowing that she's in a place where she will no longer experience pain and that one day you'll meet again. Sorry for your loss brother, I'll be praying for you.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:54 AM   #4
DwRed1LTV6

Drives: '11 VR 2LT HHr
May, Janet Rest in Peace .

and ( dont want this to sound weird )
but hope she gets that 1st gen Z/28 ride in
heaven ~

DwRed1LTV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:59 AM   #5
Xedes

Drives: 2011 Black RS/SS
Sorry to hear about your loss.
Xedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #6
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
I am saddened for your immeasurable loss. My deepest condolence's go out to you Clyde.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:24 AM   #7
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
I'm sorry for your loss. She obviously was 1 in a million. Stay close to family and friends it will help in getting through this. We are all here for you as well. Again sorry for your loss.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #8
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Sorry for your loss
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:58 AM   #9
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Clyde, please allow me to acknowledge your unimaginable loss...and I thank you for thinking of us in your time of need... Sincere condolences are extended.

You are an integral part of this community, and particularly this section, and so we share, in some small way, your plight...and we're here, when you care to visit.
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:55 PM   #10
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
I can not imagine what you are going through. What a loss an we are all thinking of you and hoping you find a wag through this.

Deepest sympathies
Old 09-21-2012, 10:12 PM   #11
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Sorry for your loss, wish you the best and stay positive, she would want you to.
Mgizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:46 PM   #12
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Sorry to hear. stay safe and things will get better.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:35 PM   #13
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
Sorry for your loss Clyde. Remember, it's ok to be sad. Grieve the loss of your wife, and in time, your time, come out the other side a stronger man. I'm sure Janet would want it that way.

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:06 PM   #14
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Clyde, My deepest condolence's go out to you my friend.
If there is any thing we can do please let us know.

Just remember...."Because He Lives"
Fightinfire921 is offline   Reply With Quote