Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 08-13-2012, 06:48 AM   #15
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEE View Post
Welcome man!!

By the way this is Staged07SS from CobaltSS.net.

I'm also selling my Cobalt for a 1le.

Looking to purchase in the spring of 2013. I'm going for a Vic Red or Ashen Grey 1SS/1LE with NPP exhaust.
Sweet! I knew I wasnt the only smart one! I'm SUKXOST on css.net as well. LOVE my Cobalt but want RWD again and these 1LE's are gonna be sick!

Why wait for spring? Should be available today or by next week I've read. Stick it out through winter before you buy? I wanna have mine NOW...so by spring it'll have some shit done and ready to rock :P
Old 08-13-2012, 06:54 AM   #16
1LEE

Drives: 2007 Cobalt SS/SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
Sweet! I knew I wasnt the only smart one! I'm SUKXOST on css.net as well. LOVE my Cobalt but want RWD again and these 1LE's are gonna be sick!

Why wait for spring? Should be available today or by next week I've read. Stick it out through winter before you buy? I wanna have mine NOW...so by spring it'll have some shit done and ready to rock :P
Yeah, I recognized your user name from .net, haha.

Well, I have a couple of reasons....

I just got engaged, built a house, and have been paying extra towards school loans to get them paid off.

I want to enjoy the Cobalt for the rest of this season (up until fall), and will de-mod, and sell it over the winter/early spring.

I don't plan on touching the 1LE other than some cosmetic mods to match the concept, and maybe an intake/drop in filter.

I'm done with the modding game, and just want a nice powerful/track ready car from the factory (the 1LE fits this perfectly), haha.

It's going to be hell waiting (especially once people start posting pics of their 1LE's), but it will be that much better once I pick it up.

I already had custom 1LE badges made for the hood like on the ZL1. I'll post pcis of them once they come in.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:58 AM   #17
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 18ZL1 02Z-28
Hey man... I remember you from Cobaltss.net. Welcome to C5 forums. I used to have a silver SS/TC with LSD and a couple of bolt-ons and GMS1....really wanted white but settled for silver.

I have a '12 1SS that I started already converting to my own version of a 1LE before I knew GM was going to release it.( bought it in Oct of '11) Definitely get the RS package and congrats. BTW your cobalt is sick....I tired to buy a few a couple of months ago.....but ended up getting a leftover '12 Malibu as a daily driver...Cobalt SS/TCs are getting hard to find in decent condition, and I'm very impatient.
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
SOLD!'16 SS Sedan-Forgestars/ARH/rotofab
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS

Last edited by davidcroft; 08-13-2012 at 07:00 AM. Reason: typo
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:29 AM   #18
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Quote:

I just got engaged, built a house, and have been paying extra towards school loans to get them paid off.

I want to enjoy the Cobalt for the rest of this season (up until fall), and will de-mod, and sell it over the winter/early spring.

I don't plan on touching the 1LE other than some cosmetic mods to match the concept, and maybe an intake/drop in filter.

I'm done with the modding game, and just want a nice powerful/track ready car from the factory (the 1LE fits this perfectly), haha.

It's going to be hell waiting (especially once people start posting pics of their 1LE's), but it will be that much better once I pick it up.

I already had custom 1LE badges made for the hood like on the ZL1. I'll post pcis of them once they come in.
understood, I'm not that patient....ha Can't wait to see your custom badges! I'll be modding right from the start. Still in infancy stages learning these cars/mods, so I'll carefully research first then it's ON.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcroft View Post
Hey man... I remember you from Cobaltss.net. Welcome to C5 forums. I used to have a silver SS/TC with LSD and a couple of bolt-ons and GMS1....really wanted white but settled for silver.

I have a '12 1SS that I started already converting to my own version of a 1LE before I knew GM was going to release it.( bought it in Oct of '11) Definitely get the RS package and congrats. BTW your cobalt is sick....I tired to buy a few a couple of months ago.....but ended up getting a leftover '12 Malibu as a daily driver...Cobalt SS/TCs are getting hard to find in decent condition, and I'm very impatient.
Sup man! Yeah, people are so jealous of my white TC :P 3 years old and just hit 25K miles too. Silver looks great and stays looking clean forever, but white is just so sick with black accents, I can't pass it up on a 1LE. Yours looks nice, be fun to watch my car progress to what I want :P
Old 08-13-2012, 09:21 AM   #19
1LEE

Quote:
understood, I'm not that patient....ha Can't wait to see your custom badges! I'll be modding right from the start. Still in infancy stages learning these cars/mods, so I'll carefully research first then it's ON.
There are lots of helpful members on this site.

I've learned a ton in the month I've been a member.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:56 AM   #20
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Welcome fellow future 1LE member. I cannot wait for mine next year. I am getting a 1LE/1SS/RS with NPP in Summit White.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #21
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:

Don't hold your breathe on that one.

An aftermarket shifter like MGW will more than likely be way better. Even if they put in the same shifter as the ZL1, it's not going to have the spring mechanism like an MGW. I haven't missed a gear yet since putting one in.

Headers and a tune.....stock might feel like some good power for a little bit but wait until you ride with or are around a 5th Gen with those mods. You're talking a 35-40 rwhp and a hell of a lot better sound. If you order the upgraded exhaust on the 1LE then you can probably just get away with headers and a tune. That's basic bolt on stuff without going into the motor at all. It's also easy to go back if you ever needed to.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #22
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:

Glad to see somebody else that plans on enjoying the 1LE in mostly stock form. I don't plan on modding mine much either. If the acceleration is close to my friends 2002 SS that I used to drive I will be more than happy. I'm also looking foward to exploring the handling limits once I get one and I'm sure it won't disappoint. I've put flowmaster exhaust, hurst shifter and a K&N filter on 3 out of the 4 Camaros I've owned and that would most likely be as far as I go with this one, minus the exhaust. What little I've heard of the NPP I already love it more than any aftermarket system I've come accross.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:30 PM   #23
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgndryhr View Post
Welcome fellow future 1LE member. I cannot wait for mine next year. I am getting a 1LE/1SS/RS with NPP in Summit White.
Think I'm going for the 2SS but love the color choice :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post

An aftermarket shifter like MGW will more than likely be way better. Even if they put in the same shifter as the ZL1, it's not going to have the spring mechanism like an MGW. I haven't missed a gear yet since putting one in.

Headers and a tune.....stock might feel like some good power for a little bit but wait until you ride with or are around a 5th Gen with those mods. You're talking a 35-40 rwhp and a hell of a lot better sound. If you order the upgraded exhaust on the 1LE then you can probably just get away with headers and a tune. That's basic bolt on stuff without going into the motor at all. It's also easy to go back if you ever needed to.
Nice but I wouldnt pay for tuning until I did all my mods first. I'd at least add an intake and header before tuning. What's the best header(s) out there?
Old 08-14-2012, 06:19 AM   #24
1LEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post

Nope.

I'm not touching it. I want a car that I can just enjoy on the street or track & maintain a factory warranty. The car comes with enough nice upgrades from the factory as is. Like I said, I've been down the modding game path.... I have "more important" things to worry about these days than constantly purchasing aftermarket car parts like I have in the past. Although, I'm sure the mods you listed would turn the car into a beast.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:19 AM   #25
1LEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Glad to see somebody else that plans on enjoying the 1LE in mostly stock form. I don't plan on modding mine much either. If the acceleration is close to my friends 2002 SS that I used to drive I will be more than happy. I'm also looking foward to exploring the handling limits once I get one and I'm sure it won't disappoint. I've put flowmaster exhaust, hurst shifter and a K&N filter on 3 out of the 4 Camaros I've owned and that would most likely be as far as I go with this one, minus the exhaust. What little I've heard of the NPP I already love it more than any aftermarket system I've come accross.
Yep.

I'm going to order mine with the NPP exhaust.

Sounds great.

The car is perfect as is.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #26
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Nice but I wouldnt pay for tuning until I did all my mods first. I'd at least add an intake and header before tuning. What's the best header(s) out there?
I with ya....no need to tune until you add headers. A Cold Air Intake and/or shifter don't require any tune. Those would be the first mods I would do.

Actually, even headers don't require a tune but you would also have a check engine light. The best header....well, it's all personal preference. There are way more options now than when I put mine on. When I bought headers you pretty much had to choose between ARH, KOOKS, Dynatech. Now there are so many you'll have a hard time choosing. Just do some research in the V8 section. Pretty much every other thread asks about headers.

One other option for those that don't want to tune but get some power out of the exhaust is to go with either JBA or SOLO high flow cats. They basically replace your stock cats and really free up the exhaust flow. You'll get around 20 rwhp going that route but you shouldn't have to tune which means you keep your drivetrain warranty.

Intake, shifter, HF cats, maybe some cradle bushings.....those would all be a great upgrade and not really affect the warranty.

Nice thing is the 1LE does give you a lot more options than the SS. If I didn't already have an SS I would be getting a 1LE for sure. However, at this point my car is over 1/2 way paid for and I've modded mine enough to get close to what a 1LE would be. Biggest thing left for me would be some light weight wheels and if I ever snap an axle then I'll be looking at upgrading to the 1LE axles.

Although my drivetrain warranty was probably tossed out the window around 3,500 miles when I added/headers and a tune....at this point there is nothing that says I don't have the warranty. Luckily I haven't needed to use it much (2.5 years and 12k miles) but I did have a CV boot leak on me and even though I had cradle bushings and it was lowered with coilovers they replaced it no questions asked. I also had what looked like an oil cooler leak....dealer looked at it and could see where it had some dried oil but no current leak so nothing needed changing. However, he looked at it and was going to address it fully knowing I had headers, tune, suspension work.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #27
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

I'll definitely go with LT headers if/when I get them. I'll largely look into the 3 brands that you mentioned though, thanks.

The dual mode exhaust off of the ZL1 has GOT to have hi-flow cats in it!?!?! I've not seen that one way or the other anywhere.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:02 AM   #28
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

bump for question above