Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #15
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
If budget was a concern I would get a 1SS w/ 1LE and npp as apposed to a 2SS/RS. The 1LE package is THAT good.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #16
shawn18
OWTATIME

Drives: 1969 CaRaMo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
If budget was a concern I would get a 1SS w/ 1LE and npp as apposed to a 2SS/RS. The 1LE package is THAT good.
^^^^^Agreed 1000%
Old 01-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #17
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:42 PM   #18
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
This is a conformable ride there is nothing harsh about it at all.

12.7 in the quarter.
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...n/viewall.html

12.9 for a 2010 SS

That 12.7 is a good number, no argument there. But to pick up 1/2 of a second in the quarter, much less 0 to 60, requires more than the difference the tires make. Probably most of that difference is in the stickier tires and a couple pounds less of unsprung weight. I would like to see back to back 60 foot times by the same driver in both an SS and a 1LE.

I know the gearing is different, but with the transmission changes the overall gearing is roughly the same. And both the SS and 1LE will benefit from the optional exhaust and electric power steering.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:49 PM   #19
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...n/viewall.html

12.9 for a 2010 SS

That 12.7 is a good number, no argument there. But to pick up 1/2 of a second in the quarter, much less 0 to 60, requires more than the difference the tires make. Probably most of that difference is in the stickier tires and a couple pounds less of unsprung weight. I would like to see back to back 60 foot times by the same driver in both an SS and a 1LE.

I know the gearing is different, but with the transmission changes the overall gearing is roughly the same. And both the SS and 1LE will benefit from the optional exhaust and electric power steering.
I'd like to see a heads up comparison as well. The gearing on paper is close but I tell you this car drives way different than the 2011 SS I had.. It feels quicker and is.

I also think that there is less parasitic loss through this drivetrain. I have nothing but a gut feeling to base that on. There is no hesitation when you mash the peddle.

Fun times to be into cars for sure!
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:32 AM   #20
Dtowndog420

Drives: SBM 09 G8 GT/RH 15 SS 1LE
I just hope it doesn't rise in price before I have a chance to get mine in 2 years or they discontinue it. 2015 is my time frame just before the 6th gen hits the streets. No matter how much better the 6th will be it'll still have teething problems due to it being an all new model from the ground up. I still would want this one plus the track packs and new additions want be released for a few years after initial release. This camaro brother has waited long enough.
Dtowndog420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:39 PM   #21
shawn18
OWTATIME

Drives: 1969 CaRaMo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtowndog420 View Post
I just hope it doesn't rise in price before I have a chance to get mine in 2 years or they discontinue it. 2015 is my time frame just before the 6th gen hits the streets. No matter how much better the 6th will be it'll still have teething problems due to it being an all new model from the ground up. I still would want this one plus the track packs and new additions want be released for a few years after initial release. This camaro brother has waited long enough.
Well if you wind up with the 5th gen 1LE. I think you will be more than pleased with it. It really is a great bargain and a blast to drive!!
Old 01-26-2013, 04:01 PM   #22
SSm1le

Drives: Roxanne('13 2SS 1LE)
my 2 pennies, the package is amazing. Wheels/tires look great on a camaro, and depending on the color the hood/front splitter/diffuser really set off the car. Have had mine for 4 days now and had many people admire my camaro. My roommate has a camaro and he even likes mine better. Besides look, performance and sound of the npp is amazing. And for comfort, I don't agree with any of these posts. I have some ROUGH roads here(being near Meh-hi-co) and I don't even notice it. Leather interior is beautiful and luxuriously comfortable. Go for the 1LE, won't regret it.
SSm1le is offline   Reply With Quote