Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-04-2010, 02:59 AM   #169
AC
***GO HOGS GO***

Drives: 68/327 & 10 2SS SIM w/ CGM Stripes
My favorite rifle is my Springfield model 1903 shortened stock but the Winchester model 70 is a close second and favorite pistol is my Beretta P96G.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:23 AM   #170
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Eww. Guns. Gross.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:26 AM   #171
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman09 View Post
alright I have a question for you guys. I am looking into buying a pistol in the near future. I want a polymer gun and a 9mm (skip the knock down power argument, 2 in the chest one in the head it wont matter the size of the hole you will still be dead. Plus when I go shoot its nice to have hi-cap mags). Basically I am down to XD/XDm (preferably m) or the berreta PX4 storm. I have shot the XDm and really like it, I have not shot the PX4 but my dad recently won one in a sporting clays tournament that Im sure he would let me shoot. My question is what are your pros and cons or personal preferences?
Have you considered a Walther P99?
Old 07-12-2010, 11:19 AM   #172
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Does anyone have a DE .50AE XIX? I'm thinking about getting a '10 and was curious if anyone had any pics' of one with the factory muzzle break. If anyone can post anything, I'd be appreciative

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:12 PM   #173
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Drives: '97 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to helmincamaro Send a message via Yahoo to helmincamaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Does anyone have a DE .50AE XIX? I'm thinking about getting a '10 and was curious if anyone had any pics' of one with the factory muzzle break. If anyone can post anything, I'd be appreciative

I don't have one, but I've shot one before. A muzzle brake makes a huge difference on something like that. The one I shot had it. I've shot a S&W 500 with and without the compensator and its a huge difference. Neither one of those are very practical.... but who buys that to be practical
helmincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:17 PM   #174
RichieRich

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Older video, but some of you may not have seen this yet:

OK smarty pants now do it blindfolded, upsidedown, in 30 degree underwater
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:24 PM   #175
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmincamaro View Post
I don't have one, but I've shot one before. A muzzle brake makes a huge difference on something like that. The one I shot had it. I've shot a S&W 500 with and without the compensator and its a huge difference. Neither one of those are very practical.... but who buys that to be practical
I haven't shot one yet. The biggest pistols I've shot are my dad's .44 Redhawk and .45 Blackhawk. I don't mind them at all, but I've ALWAYS wanted a DE .50. I've finally found some videos of the break and dont' know if I'm totally sold. It looks like it helps, just going by videos on Youtube, and I like the look. I'm confused because Magnum Research's site says the compensator is a $200 option, but a .50 enthusiast magazine I have says that it comes on all '10 models. Unfortunately, I live in CA where the .50 is not legal to purchase, so I'd have to get a .44, and then get the .50 barrel and magazine separately, so I'm out $2K right off the bat.

I know it's not going to be practical, but I know I'll love shooting it

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 07-12-2010, 01:35 PM   #176
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Drives: '97 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to helmincamaro Send a message via Yahoo to helmincamaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I haven't shot one yet. The biggest pistols I've shot are my dad's .44 Redhawk and .45 Blackhawk. I don't mind them at all, but I've ALWAYS wanted a DE .50. I've finally found some videos of the break and dont' know if I'm totally sold. It looks like it helps, just going by videos on Youtube, and I like the look. I'm confused because Magnum Research's site says the compensator is a $200 option, but a .50 enthusiast magazine I have says that it comes on all '10 models. Unfortunately, I live in CA where the .50 is not legal to purchase, so I'd have to get a .44, and then get the .50 barrel and magazine separately, so I'm out $2K right off the bat.

I know it's not going to be practical, but I know I'll love shooting it

wow, a .50 is illegal in CA too? What next? I guess that means I can't move there without selling some stuff
helmincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:36 PM   #177
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
wow, a .50 is illegal in CA too? What next? I guess that means I can't move there without selling some stuff
In the way of weapons, California makes no sense... They don't get to have any fun...
Old 07-12-2010, 01:46 PM   #178
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
I'm sorry - I misspoke. Magnum Research hasn't sent in the necessary equipment (or whatever it takes) to be cleared by DOJ in California. 500 mags' are legal (S&W), it's just that MR hasn't done what they need to for the .50; they have for the .44 and such, but not the .50. Maybe it's because the conversion is straight forward - I don't know.

I'm sorry about the confusion. I believe the .50 BMG round/gun is NOT legal however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
In the way of weapons, California makes no sense... They don't get to have any fun...
Umm... In the way of anything good in life (okay - some things), CA makes no sense. We have to go to Nevada to have fun, otherwise the bug-eaters freak-out

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 07-14-2010, 02:21 AM   #179
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Actually, unless a .50 cal assault rifle is specifically named on the CA DOJ list by model and part number, it is technically legal to own as long as it meets certain criteria. If the rifle is equipped with "evil features", then it must have a bullet button magazine lock installed, and the rifle can use no more than a 10 round magazine. This also goes for AR style rifles as well.

"evil features" are: pistol grip, collapsible stock, fore grip, et al.

Please refer to the link below for questions on owning assault rifles and hand guns in California.

www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

Legal to sell and legal to own are two different things.

"please do not construe what I have told you as legal advice, I am not a lawyer"
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:27 AM   #180
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Actually, unless a .50 cal assault rifle is specifically named on the CA DOJ list by model and part number, it is technically legal to own as long as it meets certain criteria. If the rifle is equipped with "evil features", then it must have a bullet button magazine lock installed, and the rifle can use no more than a 10 round magazine. This also goes for AR style rifles as well.

Please refer to the link below for questions on owning assault rifles and hand guns in California.

"please do not construe what I have told you as legal advice, I am not a lawyer"
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:16 AM   #181
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 07-14-2010, 10:38 AM   #182
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
Wow, the state of NC just legalized "bow hunting and falconry" on SUNDAY's (in the bible belt no less). Been a no hunt law since 1868. I see fire arms being legal on Sunday coming in our future... Yea...
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun