Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-22-2009, 08:25 PM   #57
Restroom
Screw it; buying a Vette

Drives: '08 Corvette C6 Coupe (A6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloSK71 View Post
Did you even read what I posted?
What makes you think I directed my post at you? If I wanted to accuse you I'd at least have quoted you or mentioned your name, calm down.

Quote:
How about this bet? I will buy both the ngk plugs and the pulstar plugs. ...
... If the dyno records lower you get to laugh at me.
Look, fella, I don't care what you do with your money or your time, but I'm laughing already because you're willing to spend money starting some weird pissing contest on a Camaro fansite.

You want to give these hucksters your cash, far be it from me to stop you. Hell, buy a case of them, get a set for your lawnmower, it's your money. The only point I'm making is that no matter how many people buy them or try to substantiate the company's claims, the fact remains that even if these things had plutonium cores and each came with their own little perfect-spark fairy manservants, either combustion occurs or it doesn't, and even if you were to somehow prove that these magic plugs somehow exceed the known limits of electron transport, you're still not gaining any power or reliability, especially considering you're only replacing one component at the end of a complex ignition system further ensconced within a multitude of other electrical and mechanical systems, the systematic function of which, all together, determine performance and efficiency.

But charlatains need to put food on their tables just like everyone else, I guess, and since you're feeling so generous I might just have a bridge you might be interested in...
Restroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:36 AM   #58
spd98

Drives: had a goat
Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
all i have ever heard the stock copper tops are the best for cars.
It's certainly hard to argue against the price. I would be willing to bet you that they will prodcue simular numbers but degrade more quickly. Of course you could change them every 3k for the price difference.

The bottom line is that ls heads are very good in the combustion area. If you have enough energy to promote a clean combustion process the plug has done it's job. As plugs are used they do get carbon and oxidation on them which can effect thier performance. But this will happen with ANY plug. These high dollar plugs are mearly snake oil with old verses new dyno results.

If you guy's think this is bad you should do some searchin on K&N type filters verses stock OEM ones. I think you'll be suprised at the results.
spd98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:35 PM   #59
VALOR

Drives: L99 cyber grey
How much HP do you think you'll get off a set of these? 4-5 maybe?
VALOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:50 PM   #60
SoloSK71

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restroom View Post
What makes you think I directed my post at you? If I wanted to accuse you I'd at least have quoted you or mentioned your name, calm down.

Look, fella, I don't care what you do with your money or your time, but I'm laughing already because you're willing to spend money starting some weird pissing contest on a Camaro fansite.

You want to give these hucksters your cash, far be it from me to stop you. Hell, buy a case of them, get a set for your lawnmower, it's your money. The only point I'm making is that no matter how many people buy them or try to substantiate the company's claims, the fact remains that even if these things had plutonium cores and each came with their own little perfect-spark fairy manservants, either combustion occurs or it doesn't, and even if you were to somehow prove that these magic plugs somehow exceed the known limits of electron transport, you're still not gaining any power or reliability, especially considering you're only replacing one component at the end of a complex ignition system further ensconced within a multitude of other electrical and mechanical systems, the systematic function of which, all together, determine performance and efficiency.

But charlatains need to put food on their tables just like everyone else, I guess, and since you're feeling so generous I might just have a bridge you might be interested in...
So you won't be willing to put your money where your mouth is. Gotcha.

- SK
- Good money, bad girls. How can life be any better?
- God saves. The devil invests.

- This may be the ultimate guide to problem solving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
it's not a WD-40 problem, so it's got to be a duct tape problem
SoloSK71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:16 AM   #61
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALOR View Post
How much HP do you think you'll get off a set of these? 4-5 maybe?
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:32 AM   #62
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom692010 View Post
Geez who's talking about an 11 sec car? I just said I'm putting these plugs in and should get my self about 2 mpg more than I get now. 2x18...36 extra miles I'll take that cash and come out ahead in no time. good night>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Sorry those sonic plugs are hilarious! Thats one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen, almost as ridiculous as the "tornado" air management system.

2 mpg could be anything from how you drive to where you drive. Those things are as much snake oil as the pulstars and the rest of that BS.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:18 PM   #63
SoloSK71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
Sorry those sonic plugs are hilarious! Thats one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen, almost as ridiculous as the "tornado" air management system.

2 mpg could be anything from how you drive to where you drive. Those things are as much snake oil as the pulstars and the rest of that BS.
Since they are such snake oil while will no one take the bet?

- SK

Quote:
Old 08-09-2009, 09:45 PM   #64
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Since they are such snake oil while will no one take the bet?

- SK
The issue with the bet may be the parameters. Being that you can do a couple dyno runs and get different HP and TQ every time youd probably have to average out the best of 3 for each set of plugs, then as well set a minimum (like 10 HP) for it to count.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:38 PM   #65
SoloSK71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
The issue with the bet may be the parameters. Being that you can do a couple dyno runs and get different HP and TQ every time youd probably have to average out the best of 3 for each set of plugs, then as well set a minimum (like 10 HP) for it to count.
ah, OK, I see, as long as you set up the system to fail then you are willing to accept it ...

- SK

Quote:
Old 08-10-2009, 08:55 PM   #66
HaveBlue

Drives: CTS/CAMARO
Sorry guys but I lived tru the "Splitfire" era and saw thousands of people trow away money on advertising/marketing crap. I was a driven by ad dollars. Ignition companies like MSD and Mallory told people on their tech lines run any plug but Splitfire. You want to guess what the "Splitfire" sponsored Pro Stock car ran for plugs? Champions! I watch a Champion rep take them out of the motor.
Anyway, rant over. Your car has a terrific ignition system. Most of you will only change plugs because you'll feel guilty about not doing it for so long. You will need a different heat range for nitrous or blowers.
My advice when asked is "buy any brand name plug and your fine". Fine wire plugs I like best. They take a little less current to fire.

SEMA PICTURES-PARTS & CARS
http://www.pbase.com/haveblue/sema_2009
HaveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 01:23 PM   #67
propeople

Drives: 2013 WITHE SS
7 hp gain on this test
propeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 01:48 PM   #68
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
That is an old school SBC with no computer and a carb , not a LS with fuel injection and a computer. IMHO until I see concrete proof on an LS this means nothing. IMHO the NGK V grove copper is the right price and just plain works in an LS motor. If and when these magic plugs wins in stock class racing in an LS I will believe they work best , until then they are unproven and over priced.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:46 PM   #69
ASimmons04

Drives: 2015 AGM 2SS RS 1LE
I used NGK's in both my LT1 and LS1 cars and never had a single problem. Car ran great, no misfires. I changed over to NGK's after sea foaming both cars, adding full exhaust (cause that's the easiest time to change plugs), and switching to Royal Purple. My 02 WS6 ran like a bat outta h*** afterwards. Put close to 20k miles on the NGK plugs and it never skipped a beat. I don't have dyno results to prove anything. I just have my personal opinion on it. My trucks have both had AC Delco plugs and both run great.
ASimmons04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:50 PM   #70
Irace16

Drives: 2010 1SS RS M6
I dyno end these on my race motor years ago back to bac to back with ngk, and good old fashion champions, pulstars lost 3 hp to the champions, ngk were the same. Waste of $200