Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-31-2014, 08:07 PM   #29
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
Here is my Current software, Is this Old or New...Is there a list we can follow??
Attached Images

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:39 AM   #30
nuflat

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS 2LT Nightfall Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Ray View Post
Here is my Current software, Is this Old or New...Is there a list we can follow??
This what I currently have in mine.
Attached Images

nuflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:05 AM   #31
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Ray View Post

Check my "MyLink Information for Developers" thread.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:55 PM   #32
majedalanni

Drives: 2013 Convertible CaMaro
MYLINK CRAPPPPPPPPPPPPP as GM IS
majedalanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:10 PM   #33
ARod221
IG @arod221_L5P

Drives: 2024 GMC 2500HD AT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
I'm using a USB stick. I'd have to check, but I believe my song count is currently 4000+ (and was originally much higher). I've not had any problems.

Most of the complaints that I've seen revolve around those trying to use media players or phones. As I noted, there is a supported device list. But even then, especially in the case of phones, it is only accurate as of the ios version in use during testing. There are numerous topics here about "I just updated device X and now MyLink doesn't work properly" and then continue to bash GM/MyLink. When it's obvious the cause...the device update.

Many people just assume that ANY device that they can connect using USB is supported and will work flawlessly.
Not trying to get snippy and I'm sure you can't answer this question....but....
Why is it that my link can't even play my iPod classic? Apple's current firmware ver. has not changed in about 5 years.....hmmmm
It's not always just the updates that screw the end user....Mylink hasn't worked from day 1.....It's really a poor system and it was rushed out of the factory with very little memory and that's about the worst thing I've ever seen GM do. They left their service Depts. completely out in the wind to dry
2017 NGM ZL1 ***SOLD***
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=548637
***SEARCHING FOR***
19-24 RBM ZL1 M6 W/ VISIBLE CARBON HOOD
ARod221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:02 AM   #34
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuflat View Post
This what I currently have in mine.
Did you get the '14 Mylink Messages icon feature added to your '13 with that version?
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:04 AM   #35
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalberdi99 View Post
I had the update done about a year ago and I got the 23135479 version EO.OD.OD.OD
Do you get the '14 Mylink Messages icon feature added to your '13 with that version?
Old 07-15-2014, 08:42 AM   #36
revo1059

Drives: Black 2012 ZL1
This isn't an Apple issue at all. I can take the exact same ipod I have and plug it into my Ford with MyTouch for the entire winter nad not have one issue. MyLink is a good but "flaky" system. It will just lose connection with the iPod and I have to unplug and plug it back in. Some times it chooses not to display song info on the hud, sometimes HVAC fan speed is stuck on a # even though the fan changes speeds, and my favorite, if I skip several songs in a row it starts to dial the last # in my phone!

This is a product with quite a few bugs in it and it's sad that GM isn't resolving the issue. The TSB from GM mentioned earlier in this thread is pathetic.

When Ford came out with MyTouch it had it's share of issues as well. However what Ford did was allow the customer to update the software via USB stick (download the update from Ford) AND......they actually came out with updates the fixed things. Now the system is rock solid, and they keep coming out with updates. It's not forgotten about after the new model year comes out. Come on GM........

Last edited by revo1059; 07-15-2014 at 09:26 AM.
revo1059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:21 PM   #37
RaycinSS

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
I've had my new 2014 Camaro for 14 days now and my experience with Mylink has been awful. It does not work as promoted or advertised. It has worked correctly only 3 times since I took delivery and I now have over 1000 miles on my car. It does not work as stated with my ipod nor does it work correctly with my phone (which btw is not an iphone). I have to drive for over 30 minutes without being able to use it while it is "indexing" and the majority of the time it never completes and then if I stop it goes through the whole thing over again every time I start the vehicle. I had no problems with my 2011 Silverado and it seems to work in the 2014 Tahoe but the Camaro version is horrible and GM should be ashamed for not fixing this issue for its customers. It's bad enough to ruin an otherwise nice vehicle for even a die hard loyal Chevy person like myself. GM take note and take care of your customers or lose them!
RaycinSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:04 PM   #38
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Not all iPods (or other mp3 players) are supported. There is a reference and troubleshooting steps in the sticky at the top of the page ( http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50996 )
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:34 PM   #39
RaycinSS

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
Not all iPods (or other mp3 players) are supported. There is a reference and troubleshooting steps in the sticky at the top of the page ( http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50996 )
As it relates to my situation both of my devices are listed as supported and neither works correctly in the Camaro. Almost every other manufacturer has products that work fine with my device including other GM models. It appears that we have the most incompatible version GM has to offer in our Camaros. They have clearly taken a step backwards.They should be able to make changes to the firmware in the units to fix this and if they can't then that demonstrates even more how bad and poorly thought out the MyLink product is.
RaycinSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:55 PM   #40
nuflat

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS 2LT Nightfall Grey
I agree. I have always stated that from the beginning. I actually believe they don't know how to resolve the issues and that is why we don't see any updates. Probably in the 2015 model and beyond won't even have MyLink in it, but something else. Apple Car Play devices perhaps? Which would resolve issues for those users but the previous years would be left twisting in the wind.

I think they have already written off the 2013 and 2014 models. I would be surprised if they came out with an update and said "Hey we actually fixed the problem".

What's even more sad is that it's not just Apple devices. People keep pointing out that it's Apple but like someone stated before as well as myself, that they can take the same device and plug it into another vehicle, in my case my wife's RAV4 and it works without issue.

That's like taking a laptop and trying to connect to a Wi-Fi router and you can't and the manufacturer says "Oh your laptop won't connect to this wirless router because it is a Dell, or HP, or whatever, even though you can connect to 50 other different wireless routers.

The thing that sucks is that there is no real alternative that works since the AC controls are integrated into the radio. Almost everyone I have read about that has used the Metra or other aftermarket unit with another radio has had many issues.

The guy that invented the goofy ass ignition switch must have been in the group that came up with the idea for MyLink!
nuflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:10 PM   #41
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuflat View Post
I agree. I have always stated that from the beginning. I actually believe they don't know how to resolve the issues and that is why we don't see any updates. Probably in the 2015 model and beyond won't even have MyLink in it, but something else. Apple Car Play devices perhaps? Which would resolve issues for those users but the previous years would be left twisting in the wind.

I think they have already written off the 2013 and 2014 models. I would be surprised if they came out with an update and said "Hey we actually fixed the problem".

What's even more sad is that it's not just Apple devices. People keep pointing out that it's Apple but like someone stated before as well as myself, that they can take the same device and plug it into another vehicle, in my case my wife's RAV4 and it works without issue.

That's like taking a laptop and trying to connect to a Wi-Fi router and you can't and the manufacturer says "Oh your laptop won't connect to this wirless router because it is a Dell, or HP, or whatever, even though you can connect to 50 other different wireless routers.

The thing that sucks is that there is no real alternative that works since the AC controls are integrated into the radio. Almost everyone I have read about that has used the Metra or other aftermarket unit with another radio has had many issues.

The guy that invented the goofy ass ignition switch must have been in the group that came up with the idea for MyLink!
Did you get the '14 Mylink Messages icon feature added to your '13 with that version you posted 2312110 E0.E0.0D.0D ?
Old 07-18-2014, 06:33 PM   #42
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
I'm sure MyLink will be around for awhile, as it's making it's way into the whole Chevrolet lineup. Having said that, it will likely be a new hardware version (in the 16 MY). There are several hardware versions already in use, thus the difference in features and supported devices.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote