Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 12-24-2013, 03:38 PM   #435
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
Looks good magnum, was originally going to put it there kind of like sycrafts, but was a little nervous about putting it near the serpentine belt. Here's where I mounted mine for the time being .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I looked at putting it there, but didn't like the can touching the lines.

Drove to work this morning and back, the car didn't stall, but still had dips in the RPM's. When I got home for lunch I completely disconnected the IPF can and ran the fresh air line straight to the supercharger inlet. When I took the old line off it was full of water, when I got home from driving it like this with the line straight to the inlet was dry. The oil catch can had a good amount of milky stuff in it, will empty it out and see if it is still collecting stuff like that.

Have to see how the engine reacts later this week when it warms up, but the car never got to the point where the ignition voltage went below 12. Before you could hear relay's clicking when it was stalling or dipping.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:13 AM   #436
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
I looked at putting it there, but didn't like the can touching the lines.

Drove to work this morning and back, the car didn't stall, but still had dips in the RPM's. When I got home for lunch I completely disconnected the IPF can and ran the fresh air line straight to the supercharger inlet. When I took the old line off it was full of water, when I got home from driving it like this with the line straight to the inlet was dry. The oil catch can had a good amount of milky stuff in it, will empty it out and see if it is still collecting stuff like that.

Have to see how the engine reacts later this week when it warms up, but the car never got to the point where the ignition voltage went below 12. Before you could hear relay's clicking when it was stalling or dipping.
So if the fresh air line is connected to the Sc inlet...won't that get oil and/or water etc, in the silicone hose before the Sc?

I thought both the inlet and fresh air tube was suppose to go to the CC.
Old 12-25-2013, 06:32 AM   #437
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Quote:
So if the fresh air line is connected to the Sc inlet...won't that get oil and/or water etc, in the silicone hose before the Sc?

I thought both the inlet and fresh air tube was suppose to go to the CC.
Not necessarily, it will usually be under vacuum, but I left my ipf can in that route. Make sure you clean out the lines well, mine were all gunked up with frothy sludge. Fresh air to passenger side Valve cover... Drivers side to new catch can, then boost valve and then to intake manifold. make sure there is a one way overpressure relief either on the can or oil cap to only relieve pressure, not to breath in unmetered air. I have both a vented can and the Oil cap breather made by Mighty Mouse Cans.
All air is now metered and there is no way to pressurize the crankcase. I am actually picking up real oil in my CC now. The other reason to have a CC on the fresh air is the slim chance you get some moisture up the intake since it is so low to the ground, it can catch that before reaching the crankcase.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:40 PM   #438
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

So what if i get the 1LE oil separator and route it to the SC inlet? Seems like it will take care of the small amount of ingestion on the clean side…

But how's the car reacting to unplugging thr intake manifold plug and routing it to the elite can with thr check valve?..don't want anything bad to happen

Last edited by Lil' Nasty; 12-26-2013 at 12:00 AM.
Lil' Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:30 AM   #439
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
So what if i get the 1LE oil separator and route it to the SC inlet? Seems like it will take care of the small amount of ingestion on the clean side…

But how's the car reacting to unplugging thr intake manifold plug and routing it to the elite can with thr check valve?..don't want anything bad to happen

As long as the check valve is in the right direction, nothing bad will happen. The line that will go from the intake manifold to the catch can, blow on it. If you can't push any air through then the valve is in the right direction.
I just did a full 2nd gear pull, no adverse affects. My RPM's dip sometimes still, but hasn't stalled and the RPM's don't go below 500 (before it was 200 to 300).

I have to look at how much Knock Retard I have now, I may take my plenum spacer off to see if that helps.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:07 PM   #440
MagnumForceGB

Catch can system is working much better now with the IPF can out of the car. It was taking hot air from the crankcase, cooling it down in the IPF can (it is at the front of the car after a long hose) and creating a ton of condensation. I was getting nothing but water in my system from it. Now I have no water in my system and the car is starting to act better and better.

The past 2 weeks I've installed BMR 1.2" lowering springs, BMR Toe Rods, 20" SS wheels, and today I got BF Goodrich Sport Comp-2 Tires (245/45R20 and 275/40R20). Also got a wheel alignment today, everything is good except for my front camber's, the left is -0.5 degrees, the right is -1.0 degrees.

Tires were a huge upgrade over my Pirelli PZero All-Season tires, the short test I did I was able to get traction in 2nd gear finally.
Attached Images

Old 12-28-2013, 03:25 AM   #441
Vader2011v6

Drives: 2014 custom blue ZL1
It will be interesting to see how the car improves at the drag strip.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #442
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Very nice, love that new tire smell!

You wouldn't have found any traction in 2nd with P-zero summer only tires either!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #443
Black Knight

Nice upgrades magnum . Glad to see the catch can is working out for you
Old 12-28-2013, 07:21 PM   #444
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
Are you still having the rpm surge? Are your front 02's responding quickly?
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:26 AM   #445
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
Are you still having the rpm surge? Are your front 02's responding quickly?
It still has the RPM's dip to 500, but hasn't stalled yet. Will see if gets better ad the computer learns the new setup.

Big problem now is my wideband o2 sensor won't leave the warm-up phase. Have to raise the car to see if it has been damaged.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:56 PM   #446
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Can't wait to see how your new setup does on the strip.

It seems like maybe you along with the help from Sycraft have found the perfect catch can setup for FI. Good stuff!
Old 12-30-2013, 11:40 AM   #447
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Can't wait to see how your new setup does on the strip.

It seems like maybe you along with the help from Sycraft have found the perfect catch can setup for FI. Good stuff!
Hope so, will have to test it more but since I installed summer tires the temps here dropped. I'm driving the Mustang right now and it seriously needs a supercharger on it. May also need tires to help with traction, 235 all-season's are smaller than the ones I had on the Camaro.

I'm starting to wonder how much power was being robbed from water entering the intake from the old catch can system. With the new setup my clean side was just that, clean, no water.

Will take a picture of how I have the setup on the clean side. I read somewhere that the beer can looking thing on the stock clean side is actually to prevent any flames that come through the clean side at WOT from getting into the intake.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:13 PM   #448
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

That would be cool magnum. Want to see if I want to route the clean side like yours or get a 1le separator