Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 02-18-2011, 01:27 AM   #169
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTA579 View Post
15k is fine, but I'm looking at borrowing about that to begin with. So unless the wedding photography picks up or I win the lottery I'm still looking at a "lower" model.

Specifically, I'm looking for a paint shop and a powder coater. I'm inclined to do everything else myself, I'm an engineer.
I am also looking for a painter and I have two excellent leads with good recommendations. One is in Chatsworth off the 118 Freeway at Topanga Canyon and the other is in Camarillo. Both have show quality paint experience from what I am told. I have seen one guys work in Camarillo and I am going to go meet the gent in Chatsworth very soon. I want tangerine/gold pearl ghost stripes on my IOM Camaro. I may have a line on a powder coater too. I hear there is a place here in Simi Valley that does quality stuff for motorcycles and cars etc. I would like to get my calipers done up right.

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:27 AM   #170
TTA579
Needs parts.

Drives: 1989 Turbo Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
I am also looking for a painter and I have two excellent leads with good recommendations. One is in Chatsworth off the 118 Freeway at Topanga Canyon and the other is in Camarillo. Both have show quality paint experience from what I am told. I have seen one guys work in Camarillo and I am going to go meet the gent in Chatsworth very soon. I want tangerine/gold pearl ghost stripes on my IOM Camaro. I may have a line on a powder coater too. I hear there is a place here in Simi Valley that does quality stuff for motorcycles and cars etc. I would like to get my calipers done up right.
There are shops closer to me as well, I have little or no experience with most of them. I suppose I should just go in and talk to the guys.
1989 Pontiac Trans Am Turbo #579
build news: http://twitter.com/TTA579

www.scott-photo.com
TTA579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:19 PM   #171
ArmoSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Are there any Camaro clubs in SOCAL with weekly (or monthly) meet and greets, etc?
ArmoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:53 PM   #172
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoSS View Post
Are there any Camaro clubs in SOCAL with weekly (or monthly) meet and greets, etc?
Hey Armo, the SoCal Camaro5 Family is one of the SoCal Camaro clubs around. Check out the following link for upcoming meets:

http://camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=96

Next month is CamaroFest in Arizona!!!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #173
ArmoSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
Hey Armo, the SoCal Camaro5 Family is one of the SoCal Camaro clubs around. Check out the following link for upcoming meets:

http://camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=96

Next month is CamaroFest in Arizona!!!

Thank you for this information! I'm definitely going to CamaroFest in AZ. Got my room booked and everything.

The events on that page looked cool, and I may attend some of them (Willow Springs..the Warner Center one, etc). But, there's no weekly or monthly thing where we all meet at location X? Or it's just set up as you go..like the stuff I read about the drivein and such?
ArmoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:00 AM   #174
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoSS View Post
Thank you for this information! I'm definitely going to CamaroFest in AZ. Got my room booked and everything.

The events on that page looked cool, and I may attend some of them (Willow Springs..the Warner Center one, etc). But, there's no weekly or monthly thing where we all meet at location X? Or it's just set up as you go..like the stuff I read about the drivein and such?
I don't believe there is a weekly/monthly get-together now. There used to be back in the day, where everyone would meet up at Sonic's Burgers on Saturday morning. I guess as you mentioned, it's just a "as we go" kind of thing now.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:27 PM   #175
dr damon

Drives: 2011 MANTIS Camaro SS
Hey Family, my name is Damon, and i just took delivery. I am originally from the Bay Area, grew up in San Jose, got stuck in the IE after finishing school. Hope to make it to some of the meetups sometime soon.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137202
dr damon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:17 PM   #176
JohnnyComeLately

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Hello

Just joined up. Used to be in Southern California F-Bodies (in case anyone here was in that group) with my 1997 ProCharger Blown Trans Am with tons of mods. Sold that car when it became topic of too many fights (still have rebuild parts for sale if anyone needs Felpro gaskets).

Now, I've got a 2010 SS with the RS package. Stock for now but might be putting on a ProCharger again. Nice to know they've got internal oiled now since I was constantly battling a leaking oil pan on the external oiled (return line).

Mod plans will also include a PPI amp for sub and then 4 chan later. Have a JL Audio 10" now, but need to pick up a stealth box. MB Quarts or similar for the door. If you know of a good audio shop in North County SD, let me know. I'll probably install myself but would like to demo some speakers.

I work in Redlands but live around Vista. I ride the sport bike to work though. For giggles, I set the car's cruise to 55 and got nearly 35mph. However no highway in SoCal will allow you to use cruise since everyone's on their d@mn phone.

If you see a Repsol cruising next to you for a really long time and then throw you a deuce before riding past that's me. I'm probably lamenting color choice I made. Every color looks awesome...then I see mine and I'm ok.. (till I see another one in a diff color hahaah)

EDIT: Added pic of me getting it at the dealership
Attached Images

JohnnyComeLately is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:21 PM   #177
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr damon View Post
Hey Family, my name is Damon, and i just took delivery. I am originally from the Bay Area, grew up in San Jose, got stuck in the IE after finishing school. Hope to make it to some of the meetups sometime soon.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137202
Sweet ride! Welcome Damon. Green is good. "Life isn't easy being green." - Kermit the frog

(PS My daily driver is cyber green)

Simi Valley, CA
Old 03-29-2011, 11:30 PM   #178
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyComeLately View Post
Just joined up. Used to be in Southern California F-Bodies (in case anyone here was in that group) with my 1997 ProCharger Blown Trans Am with tons of mods. Sold that car when it became topic of too many fights (still have rebuild parts for sale if anyone needs Felpro gaskets).

Now, I've got a 2010 SS with the RS package. Stock for now but might be putting on a ProCharger again. Nice to know they've got internal oiled now since I was constantly battling a leaking oil pan on the external oiled (return line).

Mod plans will also include a PPI amp for sub and then 4 chan later. Have a JL Audio 10" now, but need to pick up a stealth box. MB Quarts or similar for the door. If you know of a good audio shop in North County SD, let me know. I'll probably install myself but would like to demo some speakers.

I work in Redlands but live around Vista. I ride the sport bike to work though. For giggles, I set the car's cruise to 55 and got nearly 35mph. However no highway in SoCal will allow you to use cruise since everyone's on their d@mn phone.

If you see a Repsol cruising next to you for a really long time and then throw you a deuce before riding past that's me. I'm probably lamenting color choice I made. Every color (except Orange..what retard picked anything but the old hugger orange?) looks awesome...then I see mine and I'm ok.. (till I see another one in a diff color hahaah)
Welcome Johnny.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:32 PM   #179
JohnnyComeLately

haha, I edited it and added it. Ya beat me to it.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:53 PM   #180
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyComeLately View Post
haha, I edited it and added it. Ya beat me to it.
And you were too darn quick! I had to go back in and edit mine!
So the driver is a good looking Johnny too. Welcome to the hood! HA HA

Simi Valley, CA
Old 04-04-2011, 09:48 PM   #181
JohnnyComeLately

Thanks! Gotta get into the habit of hitting this forum too now I'm a regular over at RepsolForum.Com
Old 04-14-2011, 04:00 AM   #182
bruin_cam

Drives: 2010 2ss
Hey All

I just got my dream car and wanted to join the C5 Family!!
Attached Images

bruin_cam is offline   Reply With Quote