Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-29-2014, 10:28 PM   #29
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleGreen View Post
My 2012 1LT was bought new with 14 miles, but I found a Budweiser beer bottle cap under the driver seat the morning after I took it home. Seems a salesman must have went to the bar in it!

My 2013 SS/1LE I bought used with 1,750 miles on the clock. Thought something looked different about it, but a few days after bringing it home and peeking underneath, I found it was sitting on Eibach 1" lowering springs. All the other minor mods I knew all about before I signed the papers.
thats interesting. I bought my 12 new but it was 500miles away so my dealer sent 2 people to pick it up. I waited at the shop for 3hrs after they closed and it never showed. Next morning I went down when they opened and the car was sitting there. Silver not Cyber Gray like they said it was and a bar chip from a local bar in the center console.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:59 PM   #30
FilibustaRhymes

Drives: SS
I bought my '11 2SS with 13k on it in November for 28k. I didn't even really think about it when I bought it, but the previous owner had debadged the fenders. I'm glad they did - I love the look but I don't know if I would have been brave enough to try it!

I later discovered some pretty severe curbing on the wheels, and apparently the dealer replaced one of the rear wheels when they got it, too. My eyesight blows when it comes to details so I didn't notice until I was down there cleaning them after the purchase. No biggie - since I went from my truck to this car, I added a couple of rashes while I was getting used to it anyway. Now just waiting until it's tire time to replace the wheels.
FilibustaRhymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:10 PM   #31
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
Mine was used with 15K miles, one owner, personal vehicle and was really well maintained (close to a full 10 with only a few paint chips/no dings). Zero mods so exhaust and tint likely to occur by fall.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:59 PM   #32
wer2foxs

Drives: 2010 VR SS
I drove aound 300 miles to look at this one I bought, he had pictures of it all angles and it looked in prime condition. When I got there I did see the swirls in the paint but that is expected. Just finished removing that with the Adams 2 step polish specialy made for that with an orbital buffer. It looks awesome. The main thing you have to expect on a used car is the little bitty paint chips that come off from road use on the front and at the wheel wells. Less miles, less paint chips.

The funny thing was when my wife went with me and we drove a long way to look at this car she said if we drive this far and you don't buy it? ....well you know the rest. Good thing it looked as good as the pics.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:33 PM   #33
RubberChicken

Drives: 2011 IBM 1LT w white Rally Stripes
Bought mine used 2 years ago next month with 19k miles on it. The car was pristine. The only thing the original owner left behind was his phone connection in the Bluetooth menus on the head unit. And his radio presets were kind of strange. Most of them went to static, so I figured he didn't live in my area.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:34 PM   #34
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
2011 2SS/RS Used. Clean Car Fax, just turned 13000 miles. It must have been a garage queen I still have not found 1 mark or defect on this car. Absolutely Love it and got a great deal.
Rainbow1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:50 PM   #35
DFW_Inferno
Account Suspended

Drives: SOLD - 2011 Inferno 2SS/RS
Bought my 11 2SS/RS w/8600. found that there had been a CAI kit on it (wires relocated already) had the HID PnP (reinstalled w/DRL & 5000k LEDs). Also appears may have been rear ended (not reported) since it has the little black cover from the 12s so I can run the "factory Camaro camera". Curb checked under the bumper to hell and back, and 2 of the rims.
DFW_Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:15 PM   #36
49ersXXIX
Take me back to 1994

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS SUMMIT WHITE
nothing. mines was all stock to the bone. the first 2 weeks i had her i added flow masters to it and it sounds beastly! i have to have the V8 sound growling.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:32 AM   #37
BlueStreakHouTX

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS RS IOM
Bought mine used in July 2013, clean carfax, one owner, 6000 miles (9200 now) from an indie lot. Spent 30 minutes driving the car and going over every body panel, interior, underhood/trunk, etc trying to find damage that would make me walk away, but all I could find was a couple small door dings in the gills and it had been smoked in... PO had installed tint, Hurst shifter, flowmaster catback, and CAI.

Did the deal and drove it home, still havent found anything to be whiny about. Permagrin every time I drive it.

[IMG][/IMG]
BlueStreakHouTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:40 AM   #38
ChevyGirl661

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
So many dings and imperfections. I was excited about the car and just acted impulsively. It is what it is... I'll fix it all eventually.
ChevyGirl661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:24 PM   #39
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
I was wondering, for those who are not their Camaro's first owner, what discoveries you've made that the prior owner had done?

Not something that was divulged as part of the sale, or something pretty obvious, like a supercharger or body kit.

I'm talking about little things you didn't notice until some time after the sale.
Some green glitter in the trunk, lol.
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:46 PM   #40
BlueStreakHouTX

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emig5m View Post
Some green glitter in the trunk, lol.
Those DARN leprechauns
BlueStreakHouTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:23 PM   #41
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreakHouTX View Post
Those DARN leprechauns
You know how the salesmen always seem to claim the previous owner was a girl/woman? Well I suppose I actually had to believe him this time around, heh.
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:26 PM   #42
SSweetride

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS
My 12 1SS had a Fleabay CAI on it which I replaced with the R2C quickly. It was ziptied to the radiator hose and did not have the shroud that blocked it off from engine heat. Junk.

Good news was it had a skip shift eliminator on it already.