Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 08-26-2009, 09:08 AM   #1
calflan

Drives: 1LT; IBM; 6 Spd Manual
Windshield polish

When the car delivered, the windshield was unbelievable clear, looked great. After about a month, streaks were showing up, like acid rain streaks, all over the windshield when it rained. Hindered visibility and very annoying.
I believe the dealer put some sort of clearcoat polish over the windshield so for the first several weeks, it looked constantly clear and clean, like a Rain-X windshield all the time, nothing seemd to stick or dirty it. Well that 'coating' seemed to stain the glass.

Tried Zaino glass poilsh 2 days ago and WOW, that stuff works great ! It has a slight abrasive in it, but does not hurt the glass. It removed all the coating of whatever was on the glass from the dealer, in minutes.

When it is applied, feels like a fine sandpaper and as you polish, it gets smooth. Dries to a wax like dust and remove. No more streaks in the rain and in dry, looks like there is no windshield in front of me at all.

I know this sounds like an infomercial, but it is true. Highly recommend for anyone, this stuff is great !
1LT; Airaid CAI; Flowmaster American Thunder Axelback; Int Floor Lts; RS Spoiler; Radio Controls; Sequential tail lights; Oil Catch Can; VMAX Throttle Body; MACE plenum spacer; Mace manifold insulator[/I]
calflan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:55 PM   #2
Gib

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, RJT 04 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by calflan View Post
When the car delivered, the windshield was unbelievable clear, looked great. After about a month, streaks were showing up, like acid rain streaks, all over the windshield when it rained. Hindered visibility and very annoying.
I believe the dealer put some sort of clearcoat polish over the windshield so for the first several weeks, it looked constantly clear and clean, like a Rain-X windshield all the time, nothing seemd to stick or dirty it. Well that 'coating' seemed to stain the glass.

Tried Zaino glass poilsh 2 days ago and WOW, that stuff works great ! It has a slight abrasive in it, but does not hurt the glass. It removed all the coating of whatever was on the glass from the dealer, in minutes.

When it is applied, feels like a fine sandpaper and as you polish, it gets smooth. Dries to a wax like dust and remove. No more streaks in the rain and in dry, looks like there is no windshield in front of me at all.

I know this sounds like an infomercial, but it is true. Highly recommend for anyone, this stuff is great !

After the Zaino glass polish, seal it with Zaino Z-CS.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:05 AM   #3
bluman

Drives: '10 Corvette GS/'13 Mustang
use a product called Rejex
2010 Camaro SIM/CGM RS/2LT VIN #310 SOLD

2010 Corvette Grand Sport
bluman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:19 AM   #4
Angelo@Autopia

Drives: 2014 Ford Focus ST
All great products to use and here's one some folks forget is Duragloss 755 NU-Glass, works like a charm and under 8 bucks.
Angelo@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:18 AM   #5
HeavyD

Drives: 1SSRS RY L99
I have only every used Rain-X, is there something else better?
HeavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:09 AM   #6
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
rainx and what they are talking about is totally different.

RainX is a "wax" for the window so the rain beads up. What they are talking about is a Polish for the window... To get all the road grime off of it.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:33 AM   #7
HeavyD

Drives: 1SSRS RY L99
HeavyD is offline   Reply With Quote