Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 09-09-2010, 07:03 PM   #1
BluGoose2

Drives: Aqua Blue 2SS/RS, Silver Rally
Labor Day @ Clifton Va.

It was a beautiful day for a car show. Lots of folk and fantastic cars. Unfortunately, nothing over a 1970 won an award. Maybe next time.
Attached Images

BluGoose2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:12 PM   #2
BluGoose2

Labor Day Pics Part #2

These are the last pics of the car show. Thanks for viewing.
Attached Images

Old 09-09-2010, 08:38 PM   #3
vernal

Drives: 2010 2SS ABM 6M;1992 5.0 LX Hatch
This was a great show, thanks for letting us know about it. I tried to talk to you twice, once on the way in and once on the way out, but both times you were involved in discussions already. It sounded like you may have spent your day educating everyone about the nuances of the 5th gen from the two conversations I overheard, and from what I overheard you're a great representative of the 5th gen community. I've got pics of your grill though, that came out really nice! The only way you'd remember me is if you remember a tall dorky guy standing next to a short girl taking picture after picture of it.

How crazy was it that there were like 5 ABMs in the show, not even counting mine in the parking lot! I think I saw a CGM 5th gen, but FIVE ABMs? And I've never even seen one Berger Camaro of any color, and I see 2 Berger ABMs?

Me and my friend had a great time here, the variety of cars was outstanding (besides the surplus of ABMs, 3 almost identical cowl injection Chevelle big blocks and at least 3 6-71 equipped 1st gens)! I haven't seen an Excalibur in a long time, you were parked near to the first Tesla I've seen live, but it doesn't surprise me that nothing over 1970 won anything. That was a tough competition, SOOOOO many nice cars! I would have hated to be a judge there.

Thanks again for posting about it!

vernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:47 AM   #4
BluGoose2

Thanks for the nice words Vernal. That was my first time hanging out at that event and there were a lot of folk wanting to buy a 5thGen but they were just a little unsure. I told them to do a test drive and they would be sold. Sorry I missed talking to you but I'm sure I will see you at other events. Man I was really surprised at the number of ABM's also. Glad you liked the new grill, wanted something different. Let us know about the events in MD also.