Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 11-12-2012, 06:38 AM   #15
basecar

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red RS
My 13 beeps when top down. Build 8/13. It is hard to hear though
basecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #16
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
My '12 beeps most of the time......sometimes it doesn't....LOL
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #17
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
mine beeps every time I put the top down.. I do believe however the BEEP option to set it is in the radio/vehicle config menu, for those that don't hear it, check and see if you have it turned on..

though I have discovered if I release the button at the beep the top doesn't seem to sit all the way down, the rear rests above the body line and flaps in the wind.

if I hold it past the beep until I see it all the way tucked in the mirror then it settles completely under the body line lip.

also the buttons are not in a difficult place, same place that every sunroof car I have ever owned regardless of make/model has put them. Not hard to figure out either, rocker switch with the back being down and the front being up, I've never had to look at it to operate the top IMO it is a normal ergonomic design at it works well..

Now the homelink buttons are a little bit of a pain, there is no way to "feel" which you are touching by simply touching them, you have to slide your finger around to figure out which you are pushing. My last couple of vehicle had braille type bumps on them to indicate 1,2,3..
Old 11-12-2012, 12:35 PM   #18
BlueRay-J

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Convertible
I checked the options in the mylink, it has the usual settings for remote door unlock and exit lighting time, etc. The only thing that could be related might be the chime volume, which was set to normal. Perhaps I'm just not hearing it, but I can't try again for awhile thanks to the rain. I also hear a clunking from the rear of the car from time to time over bumps. I secured the license plate so initially I thought it might just be the tonneu in the trunk or something.

The homelink buttons are a bit of a reach, but still do the job. The top button is fine with me too, I just noted that I had to really look to see the icons in its current location. But, the way you described it would have been how I learned to remember it, had I used it a couple more times.

Thanks for the replies!
BlueRay-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #19
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRay-J View Post
I checked the options in the mylink, it has the usual settings for remote door unlock and exit lighting time, etc. The only thing that could be related might be the chime volume, which was set to normal. Perhaps I'm just not hearing it, but I can't try again for awhile thanks to the rain. I also hear a clunking from the rear of the car from time to time over bumps. I secured the license plate so initially I thought it might just be the tonneu in the trunk or something.

The homelink buttons are a bit of a reach, but still do the job. The top button is fine with me too, I just noted that I had to really look to see the icons in its current location. But, the way you described it would have been how I learned to remember it, had I used it a couple more times.

Thanks for the replies!
sorry I am not familiar with the MyLink Settings, and I could be wrong about my 2012, since I haven't farted with it since the day I bought it and set everything to my liking, but I am pretty sure there was a setting for it, I remember it being one of the things my sales rep pointed out to me when he helped me set up the vehicle. .
Old 11-12-2012, 10:23 PM   #20
BlueRay-J

Well, I tried it again and I heard the beep, go figure. I think the clunking noise is the retracted cover in the trunk. When rolled up it seems to act like a door knocker. I've re extended it to see if is the true cause.

Thanks all!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #21
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

I think I figured it out..

was parked on a call today on my cell, was talking on the cell not on the BT link, so I turned the volume of the radio to zero.

when I was done with the call I put the top down.. no beep..

so I put it back up and turned the volume to 1 and back down.. beep.

doesn't seem to matter the volume level, only that it not be at zero.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:10 PM   #22
BlueRay-J

Interesting!

I figured my clunk out, it was a loose exhaust shield. Ok, the dealer figured it out, but I'm happier now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2