Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-16-2015, 06:11 PM   #1
CamaroNoob

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS Manual
Exclamation Can someone show me how to position floor jack

I am gonna jack my car up from the front and I'm going to put to jack stands under. I know where to put them as shown in this picture. But does someone have a picture with the jack stands placed to see exactly the position and how it sets?
Attached Images

CamaroNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:27 PM   #2
CamaroNoob

I don't see how the U part of the jacket and hooks into Camaro
Old 03-16-2015, 08:38 PM   #3
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
it doesnt hook onto the car. i put a piece of wood between the 2 so the jacks dont scratch the car. Be careful jacking up the camaro. watch for the jack stands to tip.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:47 PM   #4
CamaroNoob

What do u mean? There's a chance they might tip?
Old 03-16-2015, 08:51 PM   #5
ZiG

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Yup, always is. The car will always settle as it comes down and the floor jack will generally cause it to move a bit forward or back, so yeah if it comes down wrong it can tip the stand. That's why you always push on the car from every angle to check that it's stable before going under. Also, if you are doing them in corners, you have to watch the first one as you're lifting/setting the second one, then the third etc.
ZiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:52 PM   #6
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
just about everytime i try to raise the car. You get one jack stand under it. as your jacking up the other side the jack stand that is under there will start to tip. I think its because the car is so stiff.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 10:40 PM   #7
CamaroNoob

I'm just gonna jack the front up and put 2 jack stands down at the same time. A guy in a video had jack stands in front of that bolt right where the longtubes headers start going up.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:57 PM   #8
TurboNarwhal

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Twin Turbo
Personally, when jacking my car up, I use the largest cross member on the front sub-frame for the front and then I use the mount for the differential to jack the rear up. Jack stand locations I use what is listed on the picture you posted. Front is a bulkier part of the subframe and the the rear is cradle bushings.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:56 AM   #9
Jsafe17

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6spd LS3
I have a two post lift and these are the approximate lift points I usually use.
Attached Images

Jsafe17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 04:49 AM   #10
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroNoob View Post
I don't see how the U part of the jacket and hooks into Camaro
I don't understand this statement.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 06:28 AM   #11
Taco Time

Drives: 2014 1SS
Invest in a good quality low profile floor jack. In the front of the vehicle, the black bar that runs side to side between your two arrow tips, lift with the floor jack there. Then you can place two jack stands in the front. Put the floor jack under the diff in the rear.
Taco Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 06:33 AM   #12
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
I used to think these "how do I jack my car up" threads were ridiculous, then I started putting my car on jackstands and realized what a science it is. I start by lifting the front from the cross member under the engine to place the first two stands. Then I lift each side of the rear by the front cradle bushing location. The car will generally lift off one of the front stands while doing this, and if you go high enough, it will start balancing on two points of contact (not recommended).

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 04:21 PM   #13
dklowrider

Drives: 2012 1SS, 6spd. many mods 478 rwhp
I use two lightweight low profile jacks. It takes a little more time but seems safer. Use the two points in front where the rocker panels are cut out (my car is lowered and I can't reach anything else), and the two rear cradle bushings in the rear (x marks the spot in above pic). Your jacks are at 90 degrees to the car in front, and almost that in the rear so you don't have the rocking on the jack stands front and back to contend with. You simply have to make a couple pumps at a time alternating sides til it's as high as you need.
It's not perfect but it works well for me.
dklowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 04:50 PM   #14
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCracka View Post
I used to think these "how do I jack my car up" threads were ridiculous, then I started putting my car on jackstands and realized what a science it is. I start by lifting the front from the cross member under the engine to place the first two stands. Then I lift each side of the rear by the front cradle bushing location. The car will generally lift off one of the front stands while doing this, and if you go high enough, it will start balancing on two points of contact (not recommended).
Yep, similar to what I do...for the front, you can do both jackstands at once, the rears I would do individually like you stated.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote