Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-01-2011, 01:40 PM   #71
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyj9h View Post
thats a lie....ill find out for ya....gm installs aftermarket parts. so they do work on them
Every dealer has the option to work on what they want I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
In Alabama they run from modded cars, quickly. Mines is only cammed and they run.

You may have to just take it to a shop that does that kind of work and let them see what they can do if all else fails.
I think I got someone in Atlanta. Will not charge me a dime and even pay my gas if they can't find and fix it. Just don't know what the cost would be. Didn't want to ask.

Quote:
wow sounds like gm needs to do some clean-up in alabama
They already did. hahaha, This area sucks for performance.

Quote:
I agree. You should live here.

They are thinking about liability cause I asked and are afraid of their techs not knowing and messing things up, especially if the car is tuned like mine.

They do minor stuff but nothing powertrain related. This is the reason I have to go 3 hours to Vengeance to have any work done.

Quote:
god forbid something wrong actually happens down there holy crap....id run that up the chain if i were you guys
Maybe it's why Bay Chevrolet isn't alotted any ZR1s. lol

Quote:
For example it took them 4 hours to install my GM axle back, 4 hours WTF and I sat there and watched.
OMFG. Borla? I can do that in like 30 minutes. ON THE GROUND. hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
I'm at a bit of a disadvantage since my Magnuson is on a Challenger, but mine came with a Predator tuner tool. I can hook it up to my car through OBDII, connect it to my laptop, fire up the Diablo DataViewer software and data log just about anything I want. Timing, command air fuel, O2 sensor, knock sensor, long term and short term fuel trims, you name it. Did your Maggie not come with something similar? My Predator will also read and clear CEL codes.

Do you have gauges in your car?
Ours comes with SCT. I can do all that same stuff, but I left it in Atlanta with Vengeance so Mike could try and put my tune on it. They use EFI Live.

No gauges yet. But I will get some.

Quote:
yep if they dont have the mechs to do everything then there is a prob in that area.....hope a zr1 or cts-v doesnt come would love to hear the story on that one

Quote:
Well hopefully Randy can find this leak and it is not the body of the Supercharger having a crack in it.

Not to be funny but do think this is the reason the guy sold it? Is there a way to check the body for cracks? Just throwing ideas out.

I hope not. I doubt it, it didn't have any signs of being dropped or anything. Plus, Tim would have known. Would suck like hell though. I believe I'd be shit out of luck. (no acronym for requred dramatic effect, lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLE58 View Post
Pm me next time you want to ride to atlanta I know a shop that can find the problem ill promise you that. I also dont believe its an air leak.
Chris@HPS talked to me. He's the shop that gave me the offer. If I can't find it, I may let them try.

Quote:
in this pic looks like 4 are a lil rich and the others are good...maybe its the lighting
Dark garage last night and iPhone. lol
Old 06-01-2011, 01:44 PM   #72
Chris@HPS

Drives: 2005corvette
You can use a noid light to check #8injector( I think I read # 8 somewhere you thought was misfire). Put it on the injector and let the car idle and see what the light will do when it misfires. Honestly, I am not sure why the issue wasn't found while scanning the car. There is enough pids and sensors in the scanner to find almost anything wrong with the car. You should of never had to pay especially, if the problem did not get fixed!

Chris
Chris@HPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:46 PM   #73
Jessika
Account Suspended

Drives: Anything Blown
Just FYI, GM does make sure that if a dealer is not trained on a certain vehicle then they do not have to perform warranty work or otherwise on it.
With the factory supercharged cars they have all of the documentation from GM on it, as well as support from the GM Tech line. Which does make it easier (for the ZR1 and CTS-V). While the Magnuson & the factory superchargers share the same rotors, they are different installations.
Since they are typically not skilled diagnosticians I doubt they (a GM tech) would be able trouble shoot a problem that is not on the surface & easy to pinpoint.
Jessika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:49 PM   #74
anthonyj9h
"First There"

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessika@Magnacharger View Post
Just FYI, GM does make sure that if a dealer is not trained on a certain vehicle then they do not have to perform warranty work or otherwise on it.
With the factory supercharged cars they have all of the documentation from GM on it, as well as support from the GM Tech line. Which does make it easier (for the ZR1 and CTS-V). While the Magnuson & the factory superchargers share the same rotors, they are different installations.
Since they are typically not skilled diagnosticians I doubt they (a GM tech) would be able trouble shoot a problem that is not on the surface & easy to pinpoint.
true but they can scan it with the new software and troubleshoot from there based on the code and si it gives them

it is written......
anthonyj9h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:10 PM   #75
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@HPS View Post
You can use a noid light to check #8injector( I think I read # 8 somewhere you thought was misfire). Put it on the injector and let the car idle and see what the light will do when it misfires. Honestly, I am not sure why the issue wasn't found while scanning the car. There is enough pids and sensors in the scanner to find almost anything wrong with the car. You should of never had to pay especially, if the problem did not get fixed!

Chris
While I do agree with you, and Mike said in an e-mail he could fix it with the tune ..... all we agreed was that he'd tune it. I assumed it would take care of it just like Mike did. We were wrong. Not their fault that I have a problem outside of tuning. It really really sucks. But Mike just said he could fix it. We never agreed he would. Just that I'd get the tune and HOPE it would. If I could go back and do it differently, I would. I'd have used that 600.00 to find the problem. But there was no way to know. So I am not justified, imo to jump on Vengeance. I thought about it. I was on the fence. But I'm not a mechanic or tuner. So all I could do is try one. If that wasn't it, then continue on. I gambled wrong. So I'll have to try this. If I can't fix it, I'll bring it to you. I'm just tired of throwing money at it and not getting it fixed. I know you gave me the gaurantee, but if I can fix it without spending too much, I'd prefer that.

Quote:
Quote:
true but they can scan it with the new software and troubleshoot from there based on the code and si it gives them
I got no faith in ANY GM dealer based on the way the two I've dealt with down here are. In fairness, Terri Tompson Chevrolet here is a much better service department than Bay Chevrolet, but still can't align 21 inch wheels. And won't work on anything not stock.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:13 PM   #76
anthonyj9h
"First There"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
While I do agree with you, and Mike said in an e-mail he could fix it with the tune ..... all we agreed was that he'd tune it. I assumed it would just like Mike did. We were wrong. Not their fault I have a problem outside of tuning. It really really sucks. But Mike just said he could fix it. We never agreed he would. Just that I'd get the tune. If I could go back and do it differently, I would. I'd have used that 600.00 to find the problem. But there was no way to know. So I am not justified, imo to jump on Vengeance. I thought about it. I was on the fence. But I'm not a mechanic or tuner. So all I could do is try one. If that wasn't it, then continue on. I gambled wrong. So I'll have to try this. If I can't fix it, I'll bring it to you. I'm just tired of throwing money at it and not getting it fixed. I know you gave me the gaurantee, but if I can fix it without spending too much, I'd prefer that.

I got no faith in ANY GM dealer based on the way the two I've dealt with down here are. In fairness, Terri Tompson Chevrolet here is a much better service department than Bay Chevrolet, but still can't align 21 inch wheels. And won't work on anything not stock.
it really sux dude that the dealerships down there i have given you such a bad experience....i have nothing but good to say bout mine

it is written......
Old 06-01-2011, 02:17 PM   #77
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
it really sux dude that the dealerships down there i have given you such a bad experience....i have nothing but good to say bout mine
And Terri Tompson is a good dealership. They just have a policy. And they stick to it. The known oil pan gasket leak cropped up just before my blower install. I only found out about it because when I got it tuned, the tuner saw it and showed me where it was leaking. It was obviously there before the blower becasue I hadn't run the car yet. Terri Tompson said no. I was up front about the supercharger and they told me that their policy is to stick to the letter of GMs rules. I can't fault them for that. I'll just have to find someone else.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:19 PM   #78
anthonyj9h
"First There"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
And Terri Tompson is a good dealership. They just have a policy. And they stick to it. The known oil pan gasket leak cropped up just before my blower install. I only found out about it because when I got it tuned, the tuner saw it and showed me where it was leaking. It was obviously there before the blower becasue I hadn't run the car yet. Terri Tompson said no. I was up front about the supercharger and they told me that their policy is to stick to the letter of GMs rules. I can't fault them for that. I'll just have to find someone else.
yeah but he is adding words...gm can work on it, they cant honor the warrenty though so i dont see his prob?

it is written......
Old 06-01-2011, 02:28 PM   #79
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Ray2SS on this forum took his car to a local dealer in our area that was "supposedly" skilled at hot rodding up the Camaro. They had said they did a few twin turbos and what not. They messed his car up good and he ended up having to get it to Janetty to get straightened out.

Dealers are not performance shops.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:36 PM   #80
anthonyj9h
"First There"

well i was wrong....from jeffs mouth dealerships are privately and independently owned so they can refuse a customer for whatever reason.......that suxs really

it is written......
Old 06-01-2011, 02:39 PM   #81
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
yeah but he is adding words...gm can work on it, they cant honor the warrenty though so i dont see his prob?
I seafoamed the fuel this morning. So Now I'm gonna make a list. And do them in order of what makes sense.

Of everything I have so far, I think a few things can be done right away. And then take it to a shop for a smoke test. If the blower has to be pulled, I'll be the one pulling it. Saves on cost.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:39 PM   #82
Jessika
Account Suspended

There are a few dealerships out there that do have peformance shops... Like Grabinak on the east side & Sunset Chevy on the west side.

I wouldnt discredit ALL dealers, but they are limited to a few nationwide.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:43 PM   #83
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
There are a few dealerships out there that do have peformance shops... Like Grabinak on the east side & Sunset Chevy on the west side.

I wouldnt discredit ALL dealers, but they are limited to a few nationwide.
Dicredit, no. Lose faith in, yes.

What I mean is I used to figure that all dealerships were top notch until they showed me, or I heard otherwise.

But now they are all suspect until they show me or I hear otherwise.

No big deal. I"m sure that most of them can fix a Cobalt or Silverado just fine. But out of the box isn't in their forte'.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:47 PM   #84
Jessika
Account Suspended

I agree. I was terrified to leave my car for a oil change, tire rotation & alignment... thankfully it made it back in one piece (and still running).

Actually, I was scared to leave my bone stock 97 burban... lol