Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-15-2014, 08:48 AM   #99
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
I forgot to mention the most important part! The car does feel much more zippy with them installed! And so far, the check engine light hasn't come on, but I've only driven about 30 miles.

Overall, well worth what I paid for them in my opinion.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:32 PM   #100
Jenner

Drives: 2012 SS/RS
I need this!
Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:41 PM   #101
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Hey Jason if it were to throw a code would it throw it right away? Or about how many miles would it take?
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 02:39 PM   #102
Jason@JacFab

Hard to say, it could be right away, it could be months from now.

When I built my own set for my 2010 SS, the first time the CEL came on throwing the code for both sides after about 85 miles of driving. After modifying the position of the rear sensors and adding extensions, I got to where I could drive about 4-6 weeks at a time, and it would throw a code for only one side.

I did not install any extensions with these ARH cats, If it throws a code, you guys will be the first to know.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:12 PM   #103
crc91

Thanks Jason it's appreciated!
Old 09-16-2014, 06:44 PM   #104
garvyf22
Tonkaracing

Drives: 2013 2LS RED CAMARO
Just got my arh down pipe.soon as I install them I will put vids up.
garvyf22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:06 PM   #105
Jason@JacFab

American Racing Headers for LFX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garvyf22 View Post
Just got my arh down pipe.soon as I install them I will put vids up.

Nice!

I was in kind of a hurry during my install so I didn't get as many picture as I would have liked to have. They all turned out blury and are junk, unfortunately they don't come with instructions, but it's pretty straight forward.

You will need a 15mm wrench, as well as socket and wratchet

7mm wrench and socket may be helpful.

An o2 sensor socket, or a 7/8" wrench might work, and I'm pretty sure that's it.

DO NOT FORGET TO DISCONNECT THE POSITIVE CABLE ON THE BATTERY!!!
... I forgot Nice spark show, when the drivers side factory setup came loose and started arcing out on the starter.

Sliding the exh clamp all the way onto one pipe or the other (you'll see when you get there), I found necessary to get the down pipes to mate up with the cat back section. Stick the flange on the head studs, line up the down pipe and midpipe tubes, and slide the clamp back... I couldn't leave the clamp in place then insert the down pipe and mate to head.

I also did one side at a time as I wasn't quite convinced they were going to fit as I'm almost willing to bet money I'm the second person with these, and it was almost a year after the original poster started this thread. Luckily, the fit and they do fit nice.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:20 PM   #106
garvyf22
Tonkaracing

Drives: 2013 2LS RED CAMARO
Okay so it's a install I can do my self I was going to go to the local muffler shop an get the installed but o guess I'll give it a shot soon as it stop raining. I know it going to be loud. But I'll later get the magnaflow set up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
Nice!

I was in kind of a hurry during my install so I didn't get as many picture as I would have liked to have. They all turned out blury and are junk, unfortunately they don't come with instructions, but it's pretty straight forward.

You will need a 15mm wrench, as well as socket and wratchet

7mm wrench and socket may be helpful.

An o2 sensor socket, or a 7/8" wrench might work, and I'm pretty sure that's it.

DO NOT FORGET TO DISCONNECT THE POSITIVE CABLE ON THE BATTERY!!!
... I forgot Nice spark show, when the drivers side factory setup came loose and started arcing out on the starter.

Sliding the exh clamp all the way onto one pipe or the other (you'll see when you get there), I found necessary to get the down pipes to mate up with the cat back section. Stick the flange on the head studs, line up the down pipe and midpipe tubes, and slide the clamp back... I couldn't leave the clamp in place then insert the down pipe and mate to head.

I also did one side at a time as I wasn't quite convinced they were going to fit as I'm almost willing to bet money I'm the second person with these, and it was almost a year after the original poster started this thread. Luckily, the fit and they do fit nice.
garvyf22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 11:56 AM   #107
Jason@JacFab

Well... 165 miles after installing the CEL came on from the P0420, and P0430 codes

P0420: Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)
P0430: Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2)

I personally don't mind as I can turn them off in my tune, but I thought you guys would like to know. I went ahead and called ARH to ask them about it and the guy I talked to said I had to have my car tuned to have those codes turned off, and they were never designed to try and keep the code off.

Reading back through the thread, I see that the OP has some o2 sensor extenders installed which are probably what's keeping his CEL off. So keep that in mind if you do decide to buy these and you are concerned with the CEL staying off. I don't know if you can get them direct from ARH, or if you have to go with something aftermarket.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:57 PM   #108
crc91

Thanks Jason! Have a lot of people been getting the cel with the solo hfc?
Old 09-25-2014, 02:15 PM   #109
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
Thanks Jason! Have a lot of people been getting the cel with the solo hfc?
No you dont ! good idea if you want to save a little money but if you want a product you dont have to mess with get the solos ! no CEL no Adding anything and the sound from car is awesome
Old 09-25-2014, 02:43 PM   #110
pinoyscorpion951

Drives: 2016 Bright Yellow 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA-22 View Post
No you dont ! good idea if you want to save a little money but if you want a product you dont have to mess with get the solos ! no CEL no Adding anything and the sound from car is awesome
Yup. I've had the Solos on for almost 4000 miles now and no CEL, issues or problems to report. Love them.
pinoyscorpion951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 02:49 PM   #111
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
I've actually had mine for over 10k miles now with no issues... but remember, right in the beginning it was stated that the cats on the ARH tubes were smaller and didn't have the "O2 defouler" so it was a higher chance.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 02:52 PM   #112
crc91

Well no disrespect to the op but it sounds like solo will get my money, it's worth it.