Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 12-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #29
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
..but whatever you are referring to in drag times for the ZL1 in the 11's is not what the car is advertised to do officially.
That's because they got busted. Don't get me wrong it's all the manufactures do it.

Like I said, I put more stock into seeing what a car does in the hands of third party folks that don't have an agenda.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #30
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
There's always been fuzzy math with every manufacturer when it comes to marketing performance and I doubt that will change anytime soon. The problem is that third parties have the technology and pocket books to try and keep manufactures honest.

Remember the video by the GM engineers at the drag strip with the ZL1 trying to prove that it would run in the 11's stock. Then we find out later that the run happen on drag slicks which they seemly tried to leave out.
Like that 200 mph top speed of the GT500...
Old 12-09-2013, 09:12 PM   #31
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
...exactly, and that took such an extended long distance to do it on and it took forvever and a day to reach that speed that it was totally impractical for any human to achieve it in the real world. Bogus. Excellent retort! I guess he proved his point.....
Old 12-09-2013, 09:14 PM   #32
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
Like I said twice, they all do it.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:15 PM   #33
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Like I said twice, they all do it.
..like I said...
Old 12-09-2013, 09:16 PM   #34
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
..like I said...
guess you didn't read my post
Old 12-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #35
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
guess you didn't read my post
I did, Mr. drives yummy....
Old 12-09-2013, 10:03 PM   #36
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVmyZL1 View Post
I know, I know, it's not "official", but it did come out of the mouth of someone who helped engineer the vehicle.

I have no doubt that this time next year there will be 2015 Camaro's and 2015 Mustangs being ran at VIR for C&D Lightning Lap and we'll have a much better idea how much better, if at all, this new Mustang performs. In the meantime, by all means, let's let fanboys from both camps continue to beat their respective chests.
..and so it goes, with nothing official in numbers from Ford posted <readily admitted by your Blue boys within the past hour>, and an early quip slip in the media held onto by your crew for dear life that was not official but somehow can be held accountable to ease you in your lack of self esteem, really ...let the games begin again for the next go round....
Old 12-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #37
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
IMO the only way to test the vehicle would be to take a vehicle directly off a dealer’s lot, no factory tuned ringers. Allow the manufacturer to choose the driver for their vehicle, no sandbagging. Test the vehicles on the same day, same conditions.
Other than this you really have no idea what you are getting. This would allow for no excuses.
Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2013, 12:33 PM   #38
EnlighteningYou

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolCamaro
..but whatever you are referring to in drag times for the ZL1 in the 11's is not what the car is advertised to do officially.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolCamaro
..and so it goes, with nothing official in numbers from Ford posted , and an early quip slip in the media held onto by your crew for dear life that was not official but somehow can be held accountable to ease you in your lack of self esteem, really ...let the games begin again for the next go round....
Actually, this is pretty official... says tuned for the strip right there. http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/n...amaro_zl1.html Hard to argue with GM's own site.
EnlighteningYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #39
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
I like the looks of the 2012 Boss, however the new Mustang does nothing for me. Maybe in GT350 form? That being said it's performance matters to me about as much as a GTR (too ugly)...not at all.
Attached Images

Last edited by 2cnd chance; 12-10-2013 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Wrong year
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #40
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
I see what you did there! In the same vein, I love the look of the 2011 ZL1 Camaro!
Was not my intent. I like the 2012 Boss. I will say your true colors have been revealed though.

Been staring at the 2015 Mustang...it's waaaayyyy too feminine, Mustang II ish. Sorry.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #41
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Whatever. If you want to label me some sort of Mustang-loving, Camaro-bashing troll to make yourself feel better, go ahead. It's not going to have any impact on my quality of life nor dissuade me from offering up my opinions on various topics including but certainly not limited to threads discussing pony cars.

I've learned to live with the fact that there are people in this world who are so far up some manufacturer's ass that all you ever see is their shoestrings and to whom anything remotely non-complimentary about their company/product of choice is seen as a inexcusable slap in the proverbial face and needs to be shut down.

The same people exist on Mustang forums and I have been accused of being a troll there, too, because I say complimentary things about the ZL1 I owned or the other GM vehicles that currently occupy or have occupied a spot in my garage over the past 20 years.

If the shoe fits, wear it.
I didn't label you, you did. It's a shame that this all started with your assumption that I had ill intent, when I only put the wrong year down (which I've remedied). I've stated numerous times past and present I like the Boss. However some are jaded by the past (yes including you). Apparently this is the reason your comments are most always negative.

FYI, I've not owned a GM car since my 1979 Trans Am, why? They made poor automobiles for years. Now that has changed in both quality and appearance so I'm coming back. So I wouldn't say I'm up their a**.

I started one of the longest threads giving reason why a 5Gen Z/28 should be made. I even had most of the ingredients correct. Many slammed me for it, saying it wouldn't and shouldn't happen. Yet I fought for it telling GM how wrong they would be not to bring it. Then when it came to be I was disappointed (and displayed it) that they went over the top for the average Z/28 lover. Especially that only a few will be made causing the dealers to rape us with their M/U.

When you're bundling your disappointments please leave me out.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:17 PM   #42
OldScoolCamaro

...personally I like the look of the new Mustang after thinking about it....Ford did a decent job blending in some of the older lines and characteristics with newer ones.