Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-18-2011, 08:36 AM   #1
CamaroFreako
KMK

Drives: Slow V6 Camaro
My MRT 2.0V V6 exhaust review!

Ok, after I saw that many people really liked MRT exhausts , I thought it's worth a try . So I bought MRT exhaust. At first I was going to buy 1.0v afraid that 2.0v would be too quiet, I am Glad I didn't.

Since I am from Kuwait I had to pay double the price of exhaust just because of the shipping. Installing took about an hour and half (including installing Injen) done by local shop

At the first start up of the car, I was really surprised of how good it sound. It didn't have an annoying tone that I usually hear from V6 in the streets, But it was really nice to hear, any louder I wouldn't really liked it. I started to drive with radio off, windows down, just to hear the awesome exhaust. Also the Injen whistle sound is nice.

It may sound different because of Injen. But I am sure it's not big of a difference with or without.

Also, I am 19, This my first car to mod, so I am not sure of what drone is like, but I guess it is the strong vibration sound inside the car at low RPM. Which I actually like and it's not bad or something I can't handle.

How it look? First the mufflers are REALLY lighter than stock one, they arrived nice and clean, the tips are better than stock but I wish if they were a bit wider or bigger.

Performance? Well driving feels the same with exhaust and Injen so I don't feel the car became any faster, but I do intend to race a G35 2007 sedan of a friend to see how well it perform (raced the same car when I was stock)

In the end- the car has the sound it deserve finally. Those stock mufflers are horrible compared to the MRT. Worth the money

I hope this helps for who ever is deciding to buy a new exhaust to his car, the videos don't really sound same as in real, so it's hard to judge by video clips.

Now I wait for DT long tube headers!
CamaroFreako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:18 AM   #2
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:36 AM   #3
bee sting

Drives: 1997 30th Ann. Z28 & 2010 2LT RS
Good choice . You'll love it more every time you drive the car.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:57 AM   #4
Sneeks20
Account Suspended

Drives: your woman wild...
Nice review. Congrats on ur purchase.
Sneeks20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:09 AM   #5
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS

Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:16 AM   #6
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Another satisified MRT customer
Old 04-18-2011, 10:44 AM   #7
m0nkz0r

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS V6 Victory Red
Thanks!

I think this is the exhaust I'm going to get when I have the money. Everyone seems to love it. Thanks for the in depth review
m0nkz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:51 PM   #8
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
1300 miles on mine and it broke in more during the fest. The roads around the raceway were open and got to rev it up and it does sound good.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:22 AM   #9
whamslam3
Camaro King [^*^*^]

Drives: Apollo 11 Camaro IOM
Question

is the only place to get mrt exhaust is from their website?
Old 04-19-2011, 05:10 AM   #10
CamaroFreako
KMK

Quote:
Originally Posted by whamslam3 View Post
Yes, have not found it being sold in other site or any vendor in these forums
Old 04-19-2011, 05:22 AM   #11
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamslam3 View Post
*************/************ carries MRT exhausts:

http://www.************.com/mrt-cama...aust-kits.html

I thought at one time they had a discount coupon... may want to seach...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:28 AM   #12
CamaroFreako
KMK

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
*************/************ carries MRT exhausts:

http://www.************.com/mrt-cama...aust-kits.html

I thought at one time they had a discount coupon... may want to seach...

so there is another site it appears, but it seems cost more than MRT site
Old 04-19-2011, 06:56 AM   #13
Trnsfmr

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS Yellow/Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFreako View Post
Ok, after I saw that many people really liked MRT exhausts , I thought it's worth a try . So I bought MRT exhaust. At first I was going to buy 1.0v afraid that 2.0v would be too quiet, I am Glad I didn't.

Since I am from Kuwait I had to pay double the price of exhaust just because of the shipping. Installing took about an hour and half (including installing Injen) done by local shop

At the first start up of the car, I was really surprised of how good it sound. It didn't have an annoying tone that I usually hear from V6 in the streets, But it was really nice to hear, any louder I wouldn't really liked it. I started to drive with radio off, windows down, just to hear the awesome exhaust. Also the Injen whistle sound is nice.

It may sound different because of Injen. But I am sure it's not big of a difference with or without.

Also, I am 19, This my first car to mod, so I am not sure of what drone is like, but I guess it is the strong vibration sound inside the car at low RPM. Which I actually like and it's not bad or something I can't handle.

How it look? First the mufflers are REALLY lighter than stock one, they arrived nice and clean, the tips are better than stock but I wish if they were a bit wider or bigger.

Performance? Well driving feels the same with exhaust and Injen so I don't feel the car became any faster, but I do intend to race a G35 2007 sedan of a friend to see how well it perform (raced the same car when I was stock)

In the end- the car has the sound it deserve finally. Those stock mufflers are horrible compared to the MRT. Worth the money

I hope this helps for who ever is deciding to buy a new exhaust to his car, the videos don't really sound same as in real, so it's hard to judge by video clips.

Now I wait for DT long tube headers!
Considering what you said about performance?...that sucks. I dont want to waste my money if it didnt add any horsepower. I know comperable systems are making 15+ hp. I would think this one does the same thing, but I would imagine you would feel the extra hp. Looks like Im still torn between FAT and SLP Loudmouth.
Trnsfmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:12 AM   #14
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trnsfmr View Post
Considering what you said about performance?...that sucks. I dont want to waste my money if it didnt add any horsepower. I know comperable systems are making 15+ hp. I would think this one does the same thing, but I would imagine you would feel the extra hp. Looks like Im still torn between FAT and SLP Loudmouth.

There is no cat back system making that kind of HP.

List which ones along with a link or dyno sheets. I followed the exhaust threads for a year now and don't recall any of them. Maybe I missed them too.

Maybe they got 15 + in the mid-range? but not at peak. I would have to dig up one of scrming's dyno sheets to see what MRT made at mid-range.

Tags
mrt exhaust v6