Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-25-2013, 06:44 PM   #57
Muscle SS
All blackkk

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by real deal 101 View Post
Understandable but that's not the case.
The person yielding the "weapon" was a child and clearly had the frame and body of a 13 year old kid.
That's the factor that's being ignored on here. The kid wasn't a 18 year old with the build of that of an adult. Wearing a hoodie and holding a gun was plain stupid but the cops should of analyzed the situation properly. I'm pretty sure police officers go thru extensive training in analyzing the various situations just like they do when firing to kill.

Let the bashing on MY opinion begin.
So assuming that your analysis that a 13 year old is smaller than most people(I was 6' and 210lbs, so not all are) and that these cops could tell this person was a minor, does getting shot by an AK hurt or kill you less if a non-adult shoots you? Honestly, if a 7 year old was aiming a gun at me, and I felt it could be real, I would defend myself just as fast as an adult. I might even want to say a minor's understanding of actions and consequences are significantly different than adults, and that a kid would be less predictable while aiming a weapon at a cop or any person. This stupid kid should not have been playing with weapons or fake weapons on the street, thank God the cops didn't get hurt dealing with him.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:52 PM   #58
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Pathetic
Old 10-25-2013, 07:15 PM   #59
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Exactly. Those are nothing but trouble.
In the wrong hands they are.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:52 PM   #60

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
We used to play Army all day and night long with Jap rifles (real ones) our dads had brought home from the war....Never saw a cop, never got told to drop it or get shot...Different times....too bad for all involved.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:56 PM   #61
KeepItShut

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachineZL1 View Post
Police will fire until the perceived threat is neutralized. If the kid was still standing after the first few shots, the officer is trained to continue. Not to mention the fact that in life or death situations, adrenalin is pumping and muscle memory takes over. I have numerous friends in law enforcement and have heard stories about officers continuing to "fire" even once the gun was empty.
^This. It's very easy to fire off 8 shots in 2-3 seconds. He probably kept firing until the kid went down.
KeepItShut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:02 PM   #62
KeepItShut

I'm actually surprised he hit 7 of 8
Old 10-25-2013, 09:14 PM   #63
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by real deal 101 View Post
Understandable but that's not the case.
The person yielding the "weapon" was a child and clearly had the frame and body of a 13 year old kid.
That's the factor that's being ignored on here. The kid wasn't a 18 year old with the build of that of an adult. Wearing a hoodie and holding a gun was plain stupid but the cops should of analyzed the situation properly. I'm pretty sure police officers go thru extensive training in analyzing the various situations just like they do when firing to kill.

Let the bashing on MY opinion begin.
Have you watched the news in the news in the last 10 to 20 years? Kids kill people too. My only concern about the entire thing is the way the report says the cops first confronted him. Is it illegal to openly carry where this happened? If not, then why did they need to confront him in the manner that they did. The report makes it sound like they already had their minds made up that he was up to something just because he had a gun. Where I live it isn't illegal to walk down the street with a gun and no cop will mess with you just for doing so. I didn't see where it happen. Maybe it's not legal there.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:41 PM   #64
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Please, I have played airsoft with my friends plenty of times.

The real issue is cops treat everyone as a threat and shoot first and ask questions later.

I read a report that said the cops shot 6 seconds after ordering the kid to drop the airsoft rifle. If someone behind me yelled at me, the first thing I would do is turn around.
Yes turn around, but raise the rifle in their direction? That's what did him in.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:46 PM   #65
Arbgast

Drives: DRIVES 2014 2SS RS convertible
Also would like to point out that some gang members are putting orange tips on there real guns. When the police tell you to drop it.( I don't care if its a apple) drop it.
Arbgast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:56 PM   #66

As far as those "fake" guns go, they are often used for robberies more than you would think, and they get the job done....Was on a call several years ago where older kids were "shooting" at each other around a residential neighborhood with the "toy" guns....Cops were called and one kid ended up getting shot in the leg by an officer....

The kids response was "Why did you shoot me, my gun has a red tip!"....They are just to real looking. Imagine the bad guys putting red tips on real guns and the pd is caught off guard....

They are a toy, but more often than not, a dangerous toy due to their high-quality.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:04 PM   #67
FenwickHockey65

Honestly, that's just kids being stupid. My friends and I ran around shooting each other with airsoft guns years ago but we kept it to my backyard (my parents have two acres) and my neighbor's back yard (who I got permission from before hand).
Old 10-25-2013, 10:12 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Honestly, that's just kids being stupid. My friends and I ran around shooting each other with airsoft guns years ago but we kept it to my backyard (my parents have two acres) and my neighbor's back yard (who I got permission from before hand).
My boy loved those air-soft guns...He and his friends set up our back yard once for fun with barricades and all that....When his friends showed up (at night) all dressed in black, looked like Ninjas with real guns...lol...
They kept it to the back yard...I told them when they're done, do NOT walk home like that, have your parents come and get you.

I'm still finding spent ammo many years later....lol....
Old 10-25-2013, 10:17 PM   #69
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Quote:
Is it illegal to openly carry where this happened?
It happened in California. So yes, what are they suppost to think when they see a young person strolling down the street totting an AK-47?
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:56 PM   #70
KeepItShut

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Have you watched the news in the news in the last 10 to 20 years? Kids kill people too. My only concern about the entire thing is the way the report says the cops first confronted him. Is it illegal to openly carry where this happened? If not, then why did they need to confront him in the manner that they did. The report makes it sound like they already had their minds made up that he was up to something just because he had a gun. Where I live it isn't illegal to walk down the street with a gun and no cop will mess with you just for doing so. I didn't see where it happen. Maybe it's not legal there.
I don't think open carry applies in this situation. Open carry refers to a holstered weapon on the hip or a rifle with a sling. Maybe if this airsoft gun had a two-point sling and was on his back... I don't know. Even people that open carry in their respected states know the law and wouldn't actually hold the firearm and walk around.