Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 11:07 PM   #785
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoop302 View Post
The latest in the saga of the totaled ZL1 #1635...

The dealer was supposed to be finding me a 2013 ZL1 new. They agreed (or so I thought) that it would be for the best since buying a used one (yes, ME BUYING from them) could only lead to problems down the road.

I have been patient. I finally got a call on Monday (1/6) to come over to look at the car they "found" for me. They were sure I would be pleased. Imagine my surprise when the car they "found" turned out to be a trade-in on a new Stingray. The car was a 2012 ZL1, black like mine, but with a sunroof (which I do not want), 34% more miles than mine, new tires (why did it need new tires at 13,588 miles?), different wheels than mine, non-Chevrolet emblems front and back, and tinted windows. Also absolutely NO documentation on the car, even though I was told the car had more documentation than mine.

I was not even told the mileage on the car until I went out and sat in it for myself. Amazing that we had to go over all the figures first. And yes, I was to buy this car from them. They did offer $4K "feel good" (their words, not mine) money to buy the correct emblems and rims. However, nothing was mentioned about a lower price for the higher mileage.

My wife and I just were not that happy with the car. We offered a counter-offer and let the dealership for them to discuss our proposal.

When we got home last night, we discovered through this forum (thanks, guys) that the car was a TWO owner car, not a one-owner car like we were told. We also found out that the car was hit 3 days after the original owner purchased the car. WE paid $55 for a CarFax report--the dealer didn't even offer that for us. They did have some other report, but it wasn't a CarFax.

So they were basically trying to SELL us a 2-owner vehicle that had previous body damage, along with tinted windows, incorrect emblems, more mileage, the apparent need for new tires, and heaven only knows what else.

They called today to tell us that their original offer to buy THAT car from them was ALL they were going to (or willing to) offer. Take it or leave it. We really did not want a twice-used car with no documentation and do not feel it was a reasonable replacement for our show-winning, pristine, fully documented car with much less mileage.

So folks, almost a month later, I am still making payments on a car I do not have, and certainly cannot drive. And the dealer is unwilling to step up and "do the right thing."

I have retained an attorney, but really, why should I have to pay attorney fees when I am the innocent party in all of this. I did not ask for my car to be stolen by a dealer's employee.

The dealer is upset about the negative press they have received, yet they seem unwilling to do anything to remedy the situation.

I guess they will get what they deserve, even if I do not get what I fully deserve (my car replaced at no expense to me).

If this hadn't actually happened to me, I don't think I would have believed it.

The story has now been covered in the local newspaper (Cape Gazette), the local news station (WBOC), and a Philadelphia station (NBC10). Simply amazing...

John
Why are you still speaking and going to the dealer alone without representation?

How could buying a car from this dealer be of remote interest to you?

Hope the lawyers cutting you a break

Good luck man

F this dealer!

Last edited by Msmall143; 01-10-2014 at 11:46 PM.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:20 PM   #786
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childs Play View Post
I'm wondering why we haven't just started spamming their dealership with Phone calls on the subject to disrupt their business.
Even better. if you want to mess with their day to day operations go after their sales via inbound leads. fill out thousands of "contact me" forms with bs info. You'll drastically affect sales because lead quality will tank!

Fill this out requesting a quote on a random car...

http://www.firststatechevy.com/Conta...01200639111352
Old 01-10-2014, 11:48 PM   #787
habunow1

Drives: 2010 Yellow 2SS, 2011 CG 1LT IPF SC
The last time something like this got posted on here that dealership in South Carolina was ate up within 24 hour and the OP was contacted to make things right. It went viral in a couple of hours, it got out of hand, Mods were put on notice, and theads were deleted. I am disapointed with the lack of effort from us and we are better than this. West coast its late so get busy and make this happen.

OP we will help make this right.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:51 PM   #788
ZLeeper

Drives: .
Keep the faith OP...the dealer is just trying to weather the storm and hopes this goes away.
You just can't fix stupid.

After this is all said done and the wrong is made right we will have to have a National jhoop302 day! This is going down in history my friends.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:58 PM   #789
TannerJPowell

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I really can't believe they didn't immediately tell him to order the ZL1 of his choice brand new and come out smelling like a Rose.

Insurance would have paid for the wreck and they would have been out 15k or so.
X2!

Without a doubt they have been burned by bean counter math!

Somewhere it was stated that their insurance company advised them not to offer more. I don't know if that actually occurred, but it's crummy advice. Unless there's something left un mentioned, damage control should have started by making sure the OP was quiet and happy. Don't see how helping the OP could have been more costly than this.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:16 AM   #790
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Jhoop302, I don't know you but this is bull and I have posted and passed the word on to a my FB family and Club members. Hope you get justice sooner than later!
Old 01-11-2014, 12:39 AM   #791
Kevins89notch

Drives: Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
Even better. if you want to mess with their day to day operations go after their sales via inbound leads. fill out thousands of "contact me" forms with bs info. You'll drastically affect sales because lead quality will tank!

Done! I used a residential address about 30 minutes from their dealership, and my google voice number.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:17 AM   #792
boondocksaint
Cartoon Maus

Drives: White ZL1, Chevroyota Prizolla
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenaciousRock View Post
Old 01-11-2014, 01:32 AM   #793
boondocksaint
Cartoon Maus

Drives: White ZL1, Chevroyota Prizolla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post

This is a questionable move (in my opinion, and it is simply that). The owner is the one you need to go after, not the day-to-day workers. They're going to suffer an awful lot regardless. Owner's info is public. Leave the car washers, non-joyriding mechanics and sales grunts be. Shouldn't we be equally upset with the nitwit who decided to install a telephone pole in the car?

Yes. But... He hasn't got the money, though he is the penultimate cause. I still agree that it is on the dealership. They gave that dumbass a key. They gave him the opportunity.

In any case, I know that hurting sales is the only way to hurt the owner's wallet, and that makes the whole place tank, but making more busywork for the grunts doesn't do much to the man on the throne. If he doesn't care about a customer, a PR shitstorm and being torn a new one online, he's hardly the kind to care if the hourly and commissioned workers are being jerked around.

Just spread the word and keep people from walking in the door. That's where dinner is served. Enough empty plates and he'll get the point.

Again, all my opinion. As it is, anyone researching that dealership EVER online will likely be directed to spend their money elsewhere. In a world where car buyers usually do research before they ever step on the lot, this situation is going to hurt. And the pain will not be brief.

I researched my dealership. I'll be a lot of guys here did. It's late. I'm rambling.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:44 AM   #794
LS3or1LE

Drives: 1989 RS Camaro
Wow... that is all I can even manage to say right now. Im furious for you.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:22 AM   #795
360ss
ZL1 NIGHTMARES!!!

Drives: LACS+CHEVYS
What man can't do GOD can . Much love to the op... Prayers change things , good luck bro.
13zl1 #251 NOTHING ELSE MATTER
Old 01-11-2014, 02:51 AM   #796
jake2212

Drives: none (yet)
i say we pitch in for a billboard near the delaership that says "first state Chevrolet, they wreck your car then tell you to piss off!"
Old 01-11-2014, 02:59 AM   #797
LS3 Handler
I love the LS3

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS Manual
Hey man im so sorry about your loss. I read about it when you first posted about it and couldn't believe what i was reading. Well i was reminded about your issue to on the home page of Yahoo.com. So at least the online public will be aware of your issues with this dealership. http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...170136602.html
Old 01-11-2014, 03:51 AM   #798
dap124

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I remember reading this when you first posted. and now there is an article about this on Yahoo! Well that dealer now getting this negative publicity nationwide!! They get what they deserve.

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...170136602.html

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1