Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 04-30-2017, 12:36 PM   #15
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Pretty annoying and lame excuse. Some of us were brought up to take pride in what we do. Others make excuses. I'm a son of an automotive tool and die maker. My father still busts his butt at his age in a factory. I'm not a corporate apologist, most corporate atmospheres are toxic, backstabbing and disgusting cesspools. But maybe when automation takes over more jobs, people will appreciate the jobs they once held just a bit more. It's not JUST corporate greed (the easy scapegoat politicians love to target) that broke our backs, it's real competition that came to our shores in the mid 80s from Asia. Before then, you had Benz and BMW that most people couldn't afford so the big 3 were the only real game in town. The introduction of the Acura Legend in 86 changed all that and rewrote history. Suddenly, looking acceptable wasn't enough anymore, we had to compete with quality too. Before then, the quality of Asian imports were the laughing stock. Suddenly they became the standard to chase after.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:10 AM   #16
Antbox530

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzobian View Post
Pretty annoying and lame excuse. Some of us were brought up to take pride in what we do. Others make excuses. I'm a son of an automotive tool and die maker. My father still busts his butt at his age in a factory. I'm not a corporate apologist, most corporate atmospheres are toxic, backstabbing and disgusting cesspools. But maybe when automation takes over more jobs, people will appreciate the jobs they once held just a bit more. It's not JUST corporate greed (the easy scapegoat politicians love to target) that broke our backs, it's real competition that came to our shores in the mid 80s from Asia. Before then, you had Benz and BMW that most people couldn't afford so the big 3 were the only real game in town. The introduction of the Acura Legend in 86 changed all that and rewrote history. Suddenly, looking acceptable wasn't enough anymore, we had to compete with quality too. Before then, the quality of Asian imports were the laughing stock. Suddenly they became the standard to chase after.
You're telling me that you would do just as good of a job working in a job without a future as a career job that took care of you? You can say "pride" this and that all day long, people are going to bust their ass for a company that considers them disposable. Let me guess, your dad probably gets paid a decent wage, has benefits, and job security too, right? That's a whole different game than having none of that.

It's the name of the game.
They can either pay workers more, which drives the price up
Or leave it the way it is, which is fine because of the performance to dollar ratio that can't be beat anywhere else.
Antbox530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:08 AM   #17
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
You're way off on my dad, but the 1LE forum is not the place for a sociological debate. So I'll say this. Some people are perpetual doers, others are perpetual victims. I choose to get things done and was taught to take pride in everything I do, or not do it at all.