Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 09:31 PM   #141
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
Cheers to all who bought the V8, you made the right choice, a V6 muscle car isnt a muscle car, its just a lame excuse to make people feel cool while not actually having the real deal
I have to say he's right. Camaro V6 is a nice car... better than most, but the Muscle in Muscle Car came from the American Made V8! I all Camaros, but V6 is no substitute for someone who wants a Muscle Car.

That being said, i'm glad the SG is extremely limited. I don't care for the color, and would rather see the other beautiful colors on the street!
Old 12-03-2009, 09:46 PM   #142
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
I hated people who bought the V6 Mustang just to look cool without actually getting the real deal and i feel all the same on the Camaro, thats all i have to say on that issue

Other than that the V8 actually is really good on gas, 25MPG is nothing to snuff at, especially in a 425hp V8...i mean how many people ever thought that could be accomplished? Try telling that to the old 427 or 454 owners of the 70s LOL, they'd laugh so hard they'd die of asphyxiation LOL, 425hp cars are a deal at 8 miles per gallon, so im not gonna complain about 25 hahaha, know what i mean?

And this Syngery Green thing is just blah, its a dumb move on GM's part, hell my brother brought up a good point when i told him about it, he said "well yeah people may get the color they love but dont you think anyone driving down the road who sees that car would instantly think, yep that car's gotta be a lame V6, and he's got a point, i think having the green like that is just a call-out saying "not only is my car just a V6, but its not even a premium V6, just a 1LT, and no RS either" its like a way to instantly spot the "poor man's Camaro" if you think about it (think RedBird of the 77' Trans Am)
Old 12-03-2009, 09:52 PM   #143
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Limiting it to the v6 - dumb
limiting to the 1LT - Dumberrrr
Limiting it to the 1LT with NO RS - Epic Fail

Old 12-03-2009, 10:20 PM   #144
Pct1theory

Drives: '15 2LT RS - Bee Colors
This is stupid, period.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:23 PM   #145
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
What if it never goes back up to $4 because all the rich snobby pricks on wall-street bailed out of the majority stock on oil companies and arent sucking it dry anymore inflating the prices....the point is you gotta jump to get what you want in life, if you stay back and worry about that stuff you'll never get where you want in life, you'll be so timid about everything you do that you'll always take the reserved route and nothing good or fun will ever come
Most people don't realize that the demonizing of oil companies is really quite ironic because in spite of their record profits they pay 4-5 times the amount of their profits in taxes. If they didn't have to pay taxes on each step of production then their profits would be 4-5 times as much.

Or gas would be a lot less expensive for the consumer.

But... since the people who collect taxes that shall remain nameless are 4-5 times as bad as the oil companies... well.... you make the call.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:25 PM   #146
gotroost

Drives: 2021 Crush ZL1 1LE
Colors, blah, blah, blah

I just wish GM would get into the act with flexible options. I had more flexibility with my 3/4 ton truck in terms of interior/exterior options.

I wish they would offer interior and exterior options to match. The IOM interior only option pushed me over the edge to buy the IOM exterior that I was already leaning toward. Just thought blue lights would look weird with IOM exterior.

They need to get into the game with flexibility or they may lose out. Don't get me wrong, I love my beast! It may not be too long before we only get to order green ones with Prius motors.

It would be cool if GM would let muscle car owners mix and match what they want.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:49 PM   #147
priz23
On 2nd 2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS -Cyber Gray
Quote:
Its not that anyone's "afraid" of anything its just stupid to buy a V6 muscle car, i always thought it was stupid when people bought V6 Mustangs just to feel cool without having the real deal and im not gonna change my mind just cause my brand has stepped up to the plate, lol
Stop it on the V6 being stupid. 300hp isn't exactly a honda civic. From the factory your 1991 camaro topped at at 245 hp with the z28. I wouldn't call synergy a muscle car color, rather it belongs in the fast and furious.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:01 PM   #148
priz23
On 2nd 2010

Quote:
I hated people who bought the V6 Mustang just to look cool without actually getting the real deal and i feel all the same on the Camaro, thats all i have to say on that issue
I am going to bet most people don't like you. Serious, you hate them? We got a real winner over here. You really think people buy v6 camaros to look cool? Now I don't know why anyone would ever buy a mustang no matter what is powering it, but I can tell you people don't buy v6 camaros to look cool. I know I don't look cool, especially when I am toting two toddler girls in the back with their car seats. But I do know I got a car I love, and hopefully once day care stops draining every dollar I have I'll be able to trade the fake muscle car V6 in for a z28 (2013 could be perfect timing).

I am really sorry the other kids wouldn't play with you when you were a child, but you got the last laugh with your v8 while they took v6s in order to look cool.

thanks for the laugh.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:03 AM   #149
Kilo-9
Dog Is My Copilot

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
My guess at the logic (not that I think it is the best logic, mind you)....

LT = only one front fascia to develop.

V6 only, because some marketing study says this will take market share from imports and these customers don't want a V8.

1LT only = no need to source green leather and matching door panels.

No RS = no need to have the spoiler and roof molding sourced in the new color

No RS = Deal with Pirelli for high-cost tires at little or no cost is running into the maximum volumes already.

All just guesses, no inside info here.
These all sound reasonable to me, too...plus GM wanting to boost V6 sales. And speaking of the V6...as priz23 mentioned...it puts out over 300 hp! That's far from "pansy" level power. I'm not hating, I'm just saying...
Old 12-04-2009, 12:11 AM   #150
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by priz23 View Post
I am going to bet most people don't like you. Serious, you hate them? We got a real winner over here. You really think people buy v6 camaros to look cool? Now I don't know why anyone would ever buy a mustang no matter what is powering it, but I can tell you people don't buy v6 camaros to look cool. I know I don't look cool, especially when I am toting two toddler girls in the back with their car seats. But I do know I got a car I love, and hopefully once day care stops draining every dollar I have I'll be able to trade the fake muscle car V6 in for a z28 (2013 could be perfect timing).

I am really sorry the other kids wouldn't play with you when you were a child, but you got the last laugh with your v8 while they took v6s in order to look cool.

thanks for the laugh.
Im not here to impress you...if you wanna pick shit with people over their oppinions then you shouldnt be on a forum website.

As for everyone else, sorry if i offended anyone

Last edited by Vega; 12-04-2009 at 12:32 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:18 AM   #151
priz23
On 2nd 2010

So a 315hp v8 is a real muscle car, but a 300hp v6 isn't? And I am going to go out on a limb that nearly 100% of those on this board will take my 2010 RS over your 1991 V8 real muscle car RS.

Generally someone that doesn't like "shit slinging" doesn't start talking about everyone they hate. But you're the man who just keeps it real, tells it like it is, so we'll not call that "shit slinging." I am sorry I have failed you in purchasing a v6 that's not a real muscle car. Guess you would look pretty bad when it dusts the ride you have.

I would disagree with you that everyone else is on this forum says the v6 isn't a muscle car. In general, everyone is pro camaro here, regardless of what trim, engine, color, year, etc. You're one of the few to bash it. Maybe you haven't noticed, but the v6 is a pretty bad ass machine. OF course the SS is the best, but the V6 isn't exactly slow. Kinda ironic that you're so against it when it would do circles around your "muscle car." Might want to check your glass house before you start throwing stones. Sorry if you don't like what I have to say, but I just tell it like it is.

Last edited by priz23; 12-04-2009 at 12:32 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:22 AM   #152
priz23
On 2nd 2010

Quote:
Im not here to impress you...if you wanna pick shit with people over their oppinions then you shouldnt be on a forum website.
No one asked you to impress us, no one mentioned you impressing us. All I am saying is you don't say you hate other camaro owners on a camaro site. This isn't camaro5 SS.com. I am sharing my opinion that its pretty ignorant to hate someone because they have a v6 vs a v8.

BTW, I think your camaro is cool. I don't even care what color or what engine it has. Its a camaro, and all camaros are cool in my book.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:48 AM   #153
lil_red_v6
one wheelin

Drives: 2004 yamaha r6
Send a message via Yahoo to lil_red_v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddiyo View Post
over at nissan.
nice joke
Old 12-04-2009, 01:04 AM   #154
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
Stupid GM.

I thought they were supposed to make smart decisions since the bankruptcy.

Closed Thread