Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-14-2011, 02:37 AM   #253
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
With you on that one, I prefer the SLP/Transformers 2 style hood, to the renderings I've seen on here from the prototype pics...

Maybe I'll just have to order an extra hood
Hey, it wouldn't be a muscle car if you didn't add your own personal touch, right?
nester7929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:38 AM   #254
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Interesting info in here. I will believe it when I hear it from Fbod, though. Or it is actually at a car show.

PS: I can't stop laughing at you guys for complaining about the car maybe costing 50K.
You should check out gmcanada.com and do the build and price on a 2SS.
I know MOST Canadians got very close to (Or over in my case) 50K for a 2SS.

God, I sure hope the fact that the Canadian dollar has been at or VERY near parity with the U.S. greenback for almost 2 years now is gonna start trickling into the MSRP by 2012, cause I am looking at probably 70K for this 'HP' Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:30 AM   #255
Kycamaross
RED JEWEL inthe BLUEGRASS

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS, 01 S-10 Xtreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa View Post
Now I have a year to save and get Cherry a big brother
Same color, or would big brother go in a different direction????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post

You can name it the "supercharged Hello Kitty edition" if you want I don't care ... just bring the horses!

Ok Punk_rider, just to be clear here. You would take a pink "supercharged Hello Kitty edition" with all the Hello Kitty badging and pink fuzzy interior???

yeah me too!!
Old 01-14-2011, 05:16 AM   #256
blaSSt

Drives: 98 SS, 15 COPO, 09 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
Interesting info in here. I will believe it when I hear it from Fbod, though. Or it is actually at a car show.

PS: I can't stop laughing at you guys for complaining about the car maybe costing 50K.

God, I sure hope the fact that the Canadian dollar has been at or VERY near parity with the U.S. greenback for almost 2 years now is gonna start trickling into the MSRP by 2012, cause I am looking at probably 70K for this 'HP' Edition
So did you read his posts in this thread?
Old 01-14-2011, 05:28 AM   #257
PeeBee

Drives: "Bee" ZL585, Dark Blue Suburban.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post

Guess I'll be looking at around 70k too, but convert it to Euro's, especially if I would have to import it myself (and get it EU compliant). And I definitely want it in Sunrise Gold/painted black stripes, so you'd have to add that as well.

Ah well, you only live once
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:06 AM   #258
AlohaBR

Drives: Camaros...is there anything else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhart711 View Post
Best of both get a conv. z/28
In a 45th anniv. package?!!
AlohaBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:06 AM   #259
PeeBee

Drives: "Bee" ZL585, Dark Blue Suburban.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nester7929 View Post
Hey, it wouldn't be a muscle car if you didn't add your own personal touch, right?
I've never had a "standard" car in my life
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:07 AM   #260
Mark H

Drives: 04 Denali
A little disappointed that it might not be called a Z/28
But still excited about the car coming out.

But Officer, I swear its just a vacuum leak.

Those red things? those are smog pumps!

2004 Sierra Denali ----- 2/4 drop
LSX 438 TWIN TURBO

LSX Block Video
Block number 00370. Build Date 04/17/2007
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:52 AM   #261
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark H View Post
A little disappointed that it might not be called a Z/28
But still excited about the car coming out.
Me too, but it just seems like an odd comment to make since all of us have been expecting the Z28 nameplate.

Then again, maybe he just enjoys watching us chase our tails
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:05 AM   #262
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
I am surprised about the magnetic ride suspension, I really thought the cost would be prohibitive on this car. I can't imagine them having two levels of Z28 (or whatever) but who knows. I am more interested to see what other options or improvements appear for the SS, as the Z28 will be out of my price range. Hopefully they ditch the AFM and bump the LS3 to about 460 hp for A6&M6 versions.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:36 AM   #263
81z28355

Drives: 81 Z28
Send a message via AIM to 81z28355
This is the way I see it on price. GM was not concerned in pricing the Camaro below the Mustang or Challenger. Ford sells every GT500 that they make and they are still hard to buy, IF you want to pay under MSRP for them. So WHY in the world would GM sell the Supercharged Camaro for less than the GT500?

If they price it at 45k like some of you crazy people think, They will sell way to many of them, these cars are going to drink gas and have a negative impact on GM in that area. A GT500 with the performance pack is around 55K. I see no way that this car is going to cost less than that.
81z28355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:02 AM   #264
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
OK Fbodfather/Scotty has me thinking that the new HPE Camaro will NOT be named Z28 afterall. I think that this would be a mistake but GM has never listened to me in the past and I do not think that they will listen to me now. From all of the spy photos and leaked information that has been posted on this car, it will be a totally awesome car that could easily live up to the name Z28 and what it represents. I mean really: 556+HP S/C engine. 6 piston Brembo brakes with massive rotors, lowered suspension with Magnetic Ride, 285/330 tires, HUD, Hurst short throw shifter, beefed up IRS, louder tuned exhaust and award winning good looks!! It sounds like a Z28 to me.

That being said, whatever Chevy decides to call the HPE Camaro will be fine with me. I have my preference for Z28 because I always wanted one but a different name will not change my desire to own this car. My deposit has been with my dealer for many months now anticipating this car whatever it is going to be called. Chevy is building this car with all of the good things I would build it with if I could just pull the items off of the shelf and put them on the assembly line. The car will be beautiful as much as it will be brutal and a pure delight to drive, no matter what its name will be. Thank you Team Camaro for doing a wonderful job, I know the car will be great.
Your thoughts are sound Jedi, reading inbetween the lines of what has been said by those in the know leads me to come to the same conclusion. I am right there with you! It's hopefully just the ala cart option for this current body style that I have been hoping for, the HP upgrade with the associated performance package(s).
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:08 AM   #265
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
As reported on HOMEPAGE.

Here are the confirmed details from the meeting:
As for the 2012 Camaro generally, the 45th anniversary edition (which we discussed here) will be for both coupe and convertible models. It will come in carbon flash color with all black interior and unique wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
This is a thread that is going to be very visible - and so I say to you that no matter what the car is called -- some will love the name - others will not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
What will it be called then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes SS View Post
If not Z/28, then what.

Panther. The Camaro's pre-production name. Not likely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nester7929 View Post
What about the ZL-1? Not only does the name have heritage, but is also above the SS brand in terms of the hierarchy.

You know I wonder. At one time the Panther name that was almost the name for the Camaro was considered as a designation for the RPO Z-28 equipped Camaros as they weren't sure what to call them. It was only after their marketing guys had done some artwork making the Z/28 badge did they decided to go with that in mid '68 (early production '68 Z's did not have Z/28 emblems/badges).

ZL1 sort of make sense. That was for sure the BIG DOG of first gens. Also I imagine this new supercharged Camaro will have somewhat limited production like the original ZL1's, but not near as limited of course.

And those 45th anniversary "carbon flash color with all black interior and unique wheels", if those wheels are dark colored doesn't that just sound like a black panther waiting to pounce on and devour something like say a Mustang?!?!??!?
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:16 AM   #266
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
The price is scaring me.

Exactly the reason I left Corvettes and will never buy another new Vette. The C5 Vettes were blue collar affordable. I bought an incredible '04 C5 Z06 for mid 40's. Then the C6's hit, and the prices shot through the roof.

Hoping for under < 50, if not will just go with tons of aftermarket mods for my SS.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 camaro hp edition, 2012 camaro hp model, 2012 camaro z28, 2012 chevy camaro z28, 2012 z28, 2013 camaro hp edition, 2013 camaro hp model, 2013 z28, camaro hp edition, camaro hp edition model, camaro hp model, camaro z28, camaro z28 hp, camaro z28 hp edition, chevy camaro hp edition, cobra killer, hp edition model, new camaro z28, new z28, sexy beast coming soon, z28 forum, z28 forums