Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-24-2012, 05:52 PM   #239
Bumblebee SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
hey now, we can build ur motor here too, its not hard

Originally Posted by speedmon
But I would let Bumblebee install a Turbo on my car any day.....
So BB if you want to come to CA for a vacation, I gotta air-conditioned garage, a pool, Barbque, bar with fridge and I know some chicks who will absolutely destroy you....
Bumblebee SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #240
Bumblebee SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastlane View Post
Guys just for the record, we are really trying to take care of Mr. Lecker's problems. Sorry to be the subject of so much drama.
2 months and you havent done anything

So BB if you want to come to CA for a vacation, I gotta air-conditioned garage, a pool, Barbque, bar with fridge and I know some chicks who will absolutely destroy you....
Old 08-24-2012, 06:32 PM   #241
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2017 Explorer Sport
Amazing tuner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee SS View Post
It took about 3 weeks to do the kit, between welding parts that should have already been there, running back and forth from the hardware store. I have chuck from chucks lsx tuning doing it for me through logging and couldnt be happier with as much as hes helping. When i get back on the dyno I will post the sheet, the 580 is afr around 11.5 on a street tune, been really busy to get on the dyno. I was on the dyno before but now that i got a new wastegate and can get lower then 12psi i have to go back on the dyno, when on it last week to see my numbers and load up the rollers and got a good afr. so probally gonna go on the dyno after the injectors and run 7psi and final tune it.
oo and i forgot to put the wategate in the review but i got a defective wastegate from them and no one whats to do anyhting about it so I bought another one and now dont have problems no more
Old 08-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #242
speedmon

Drives: C6 Z06
Hey....what did you ever do? You're not one to sit around.....
Is the car operational and tuned now?

Believe it or not between the time you started this thread and a few weeks ago, I bought a turbo kit for my Tahoe.....just wanted to practice on a 5.3L and a large engine compartment.

But guess what happened......oh yeah....I paid and received like 30% of the parts 10 days later. I bugged the vendor for like 3 weeks who ignored me and gave me stories like fab time, back order this,,,,,bla, bla bla.

After a month I told him I was going to call the bank and reverse the charge if he didn't ship the remainder of the parts....and he got mad and cussed at me.......that wasn't nice.

I called the bank, they reversed the charge and told him it was HIS responsibility to arrange return shipping ($).....

So I got my money back and he has yet to arrange return shipping. Bank said after 30 days I can do whatever with the parts he sent if he hasn't arranged shipping.

Turbo kits seem to be problematic......supercharger kits seem to be more together.

Good luck with your challenges.
speedmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:58 PM   #243
camarostar2010

Drives: 2011 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmon View Post

Believe it or not between the time you started this thread and a few weeks ago, I bought a turbo kit for my Tahoe.....just wanted to practice on a 5.3L and a large engine compartment.

But guess what happened......oh yeah....I paid and received like 30% of the parts 10 days later. I bugged the vendor for like 3 weeks who ignored me and gave me stories like fab time, back order this,,,,,bla, bla bla.

After a month I told him I was going to call the bank and reverse the charge if he didn't ship the remainder of the parts....and he got mad and cussed at me.......that wasn't nice.

I called the bank, they reversed the charge and told him it was HIS responsibility to arrange return shipping ($).....

So I got my money back and he has yet to arrange return shipping. Bank said after 30 days I can do whatever with the parts he sent if he hasn't arranged shipping.

Turbo kits seem to be problematic......supercharger kits seem to be more together.

Speak for just this fastlane stuff. I can tell u that IPS turbos are total hardcore. I will be making an easy 1000 hp. All i have to do is get my fuel pump in order. As is I destroy everything on the street. I make 600 lb rwtq at 3000 rpm and 605 hp..with a stock fuel pump. Wait until I crank up the volume to 16 psi, and almost double this. Total reliablity, no heat issues, reg 93 octane gas, and idles lat 800 rpm. I can drive like ms daisy or hit the gas . Stock exhaust, stock heads, stock rear.
camarostar2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:16 AM   #244
Bumblebee SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 2010 Sin View Post
Amazing tuner!
my tuner was getting annoyed at the o2 reading till i told him how the kit was designed, and he didnt give up trying till i told him enuf is enuf. so at WOT i got good afr and my drivability is shit cuz i cant use the reading for the primary o2's cuz of the spot they are in. he got it so i can have some fun under boost but cuz of the design of the kit(even hps and turbonetics told me the same) the pimary o2's and wastegate are in the wrong spot and will not have good drivability.

Old 08-25-2012, 12:18 AM   #245
Bumblebee SS

Quote:

my tuner got it so its drivable and im just driving it around a little, i miss driving the car so it is what it is right now, saving for the hps kit right now so untill then im using the fastlane kit :(

Old 08-25-2012, 12:44 AM   #246
speedmon

So what were your last dyno numbers?

Ya know ..... my mechanic who worked on my turbo porsches through the 90s....he told me to forget the turbos....too much fab, tuning, heat......headache.

He recommended a centri charger.....cuz its just a crank drive turbo anyway.
But no fab and no heat issues......then you can focus on scaling the HP like someone said.....above.

...And he has 2 GT2 full race twin turbos in his shop.....he is (was) a very die-hard turbo guy. He had a 4cyl 944 turbo doing 800rwhp. But his current car is a procharged 370Z nissan...that has 900hp.....he always says its in the "fire ring".....thats his word for head gasket.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:58 AM   #247
killmode_on

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
So what were your last dyno numbers?

Ya know ..... my mechanic who worked on my turbo porsches through the 90s....he told me to forget the turbos....too much fab, tuning, heat......headache.

He recommended a centri charger.....cuz its just a crank drive turbo anyway.
But no fab and no heat issues......then you can focus on scaling the HP like someone said.....above.

...And he has 2 GT2 full race twin turbos in his shop.....he is (was) a very die-hard turbo guy. He had a 4cyl 944 turbo doing 800rwhp. But his current car is a procharged 370Z nissan...that has 900hp.....he always says its in the "fire ring".....thats his word for head gasket.
900hp procharged 370z? I'm rather skeptical. Any proof of this?
killmode_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:47 AM   #248
speedmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by killmode_on View Post
900hp procharged 370z? I'm rather skeptical. Any proof of this?
Japanese 6 cyl engines with boost have been doing 1000+hp for over 20 years....the procharger is just another way of generating boost and getting the same result.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:05 AM   #249
camarostar2010

Drives: 2011 SS
who are u guyings goin to that all these problems are occuring.. I havre two recommnded tuners...actually 3...Janetty...he tunes well ( but I dont think he has done many turbos if any)...Tune time performance in Toms river NJ, Has done 3 tunes for me. And Ralph and John, they have tuned many cars..especially stangs and vettes. They are in NYC. No way a turbo can't be tuned. My car drives totally beast. And if you guys are in the west coast speak to pryo_boy. He has an almost ideal turbo set up, Turbo in my opinion are the best. One complaint: They can kill you .lol
camarostar2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #250
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarostar2010 View Post
who are u guyings goin to that all these problems are occuring.. I havre two recommnded tuners...actually 3...Janetty...he tunes well ( but I dont think he has done many turbos if any)...Tune time performance in Toms river NJ, Has done 3 tunes for me. And Ralph and John, they have tuned many cars..especially stangs and vettes. They are in NYC. No way a turbo can't be tuned. My car drives totally beast. And if you guys are in the west coast speak to pryo_boy. He has an almost ideal turbo set up, Turbo in my opinion are the best. One complaint: They can kill you .lol

If you read the thread, you'll see that the problems that the op is having are NOT in the tune, but the design of the system and the lack of customer support from the vendor.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #251
S3XPanther
by Odeon

Drives: '12 SS/RS A6 IOM SOLD, '13 1LE IOM
Quote:

"Some say it's a waste of time, others say it's an incredible waste of time."

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

2013 IOM SS/RS - 1LE. Born 5/6/2013 (1 of 32 1SS IOM 1LE's)
S3XPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #252
Turbo99

Drives: 08' F250 Diesel & 10' Camaro 2SS
Quote:
well post a time slip of that killer, I bet your average, and killing nothing more than slightly modded stockers.
Turbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fastlane, fastlane turbo, fastlaneturbo, fastlaneturbo review, fastlaneturbo.com