Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 07-11-2015, 12:46 AM   #15
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrivera91 View Post
So I just got a P0150 read on the diagnostic which is something with the 02 censor.
well I guessed right. I said cat sensor but I meant O2 sensor. You probably have 4 of them. Sounds like 1 of them is not working properly due to wiring or bad sensor. If it's under warranty, I'd just take it to dealer. Should be an easy fix.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 03:21 AM   #16
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoggyusa View Post
well I guessed right. I said cat sensor but I meant O2 sensor. You probably have 4 of them. Sounds like 1 of them is not working properly due to wiring or bad sensor. If it's under warranty, I'd just take it to dealer. Should be an easy fix.
Generic OBD says bank 2 sensor 1. So I'm guessing the first sensor on the passenger side? Unless GM flipped bank 1 and bank 2 on the sbc.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 06:56 AM   #17
TIREKLR

Drives: 2015 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarshall2121 View Post
Sale on Blinker Fluid this week only:
I don't buy that brand anymore !
TIREKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 08:35 AM   #18
xrivera91

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
Generic OBD says bank 2 sensor 1. So I'm guessing the first sensor on the passenger side? Unless GM flipped bank 1 and bank 2 on the sbc.
Will the sensors be the same with my aftermarket borla catback?
xrivera91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 10:26 AM   #19
MrChrisLS3

Quote:
Highly doubt that anyone changed the sensors, should still be the ones your car came with. You're under warranty, take it to a dealer and they'll sort it out for you.
Old 07-11-2015, 10:40 AM   #20
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Yes - sensors are before the catback connection, so the catback does not influence them at all.
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 11:39 AM   #21
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
I purchased a Diablo Intune a few years back that I still use to grab the codes and even clear them.

I also had a similar situation to what you're experiencing happen to me after I installed the high flow cats. The gaskets that came with the set sucked, and I had exhaust leaks where the headers met the midpipes. I go me some new, better gaskets and the leaks were gone. But CEL came on because of the leaks. I cleared the code and its been gone since going on 2+ yrs now I think.

Get the code - whether that's through a handheld tuner, a shop, or an auto parts store. See if you can clear it and then watch for it to come back.

Good luck.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 12:14 PM   #22
xrivera91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
I purchased a Diablo Intune a few years back that I still use to grab the codes and even clear them.

I also had a similar situation to what you're experiencing happen to me after I installed the high flow cats. The gaskets that came with the set sucked, and I had exhaust leaks where the headers met the midpipes. I go me some new, better gaskets and the leaks were gone. But CEL came on because of the leaks. I cleared the code and its been gone since going on 2+ yrs now I think.

Get the code - whether that's through a handheld tuner, a shop, or an auto parts store. See if you can clear it and then watch for it to come back.

Good luck.
Can i clear the code myself? Firestone which gave me the code said it's no big deal. But that light drives me nuts and doesn't allow me to use the remote start.
Old 07-11-2015, 12:34 PM   #23
MrChrisLS3

Quote:
Can i clear the code myself? Firestone which gave me the code said it's no big deal. But that light drives me nuts and doesn't allow me to use the remote start.
Yes, a hand help code reader can clear the code. Of course, if there is an issue with the sensor it will trip again. It could also be just a one time thing. I've seen codes get thrown, clear them, and never come back.

If your car is still under warranty, I wouldn't even mess with places like Firestone, even to read a code. Just go to the dealer, that warranty was included in the price of the car, you paid for it, use it.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:20 PM   #24
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Disconnect the battery for awhile and the code will clear, if there is a problem it will come back. Almost like rebooting your computer.
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 02:12 PM   #25
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
After having a small leak in my brand new exhaust fixed (pipes weren't connected properly) which was an easy fix. Now my check engine light has turned on. Haven't done anything to it except fill it with premium fuel after learning my dealership lied about what fuel I need. Any suggestions? Sorry if this is not in the right spot. And yes I tried to search.
By "brand new" are you talking about the factory stock exhaust or did you mod the stock exhaust with a brand new part?
camguynj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 02:55 PM   #26
xrivera91

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
By "brand new" are you talking about the factory stock exhaust or did you mod the stock exhaust with a brand new part?
After purchasing the vehicle i had the borla atak cat back exhaust installed. That wasn't the issue as I've had it in for 2 months now it was after leaving the mechanic to tighten a loose pipe on the exhaust that now I hot the P0150 code on the diagnostic
Old 07-11-2015, 03:57 PM   #27
xrivera91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenring View Post
Disconnect the battery for awhile and the code will clear, if there is a problem it will come back. Almost like rebooting your computer.
Just did this. The check engine light is off! Thanks so much. Now to wait and see if it comes back on.
Old 07-11-2015, 04:41 PM   #28
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
After purchasing the vehicle i had the borla atak cat back exhaust installed. That wasn't the issue as I've had it in for 2 months now it was after leaving the mechanic to tighten a loose pipe on the exhaust that now I hot the P0150 code on the diagnostic
Adding a catback exhaust would not affect the front O2 sensor ...unless your mechanic got frisky and decided for whatever reason to disconnected the O2 sensors while tighting the loose pipe.

Last edited by camguynj; 07-11-2015 at 08:09 PM.
camguynj is online now   Reply With Quote