Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

Old 12-06-2011, 08:34 AM   #1
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Drives: Yellow 5th Gen 2SS RS
Dec 17th - Road Course @ Homestead-2 for price of 1

I am looking for someone interested in doing an HPDE down in Homestead with ERME. In order to get the 2 for 1 price both participants need to sign up at the same time.

PM if you want to team up get the discounted price.

ERME.US for more info.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:23 AM   #2
2quick

Drives: none
What group are you in? novice, solo, or advanced? Are you signed up on trackweekend. People post there when they are looking for a buddy to split with.
2quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:52 AM   #3
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2quick View Post
What group are you in? novice, solo, or advanced? Are you signed up on trackweekend. People post there when they are looking for a buddy to split with.
yup- posted there and on corvetteforum.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:23 AM   #4
Erik@Torq

Drives: '10 SS + '04 Z16 Z06 S/C
Send a message via MSN to Erik@Torq
This really is a great chance to hit the track for cheap, and ERME is a great group to run with!

I am heading to HMS now on Sat and Auto-X on Sunday which will be my last events on my R-Comps, my new ones won't be shipping until next week at the earliest so I am not sure if I can make this event. I am going to try though

/Erik
Erik@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:18 PM   #5
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik@Torq View Post
This really is a great chance to hit the track for cheap, and ERME is a great group to run with!

I am heading to HMS now on Sat and Auto-X on Sunday which will be my last events on my R-Comps, my new ones won't be shipping until next week at the earliest so I am not sure if I can make this event. I am going to try though

/Erik
Ok....well if you decide to check with me to see if I found someone to partner up with on the price.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:21 PM   #6
Erik@Torq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
Ok....well if you decide to check with me to see if I found someone to partner up with on the price.
You bet!

/Erik
Old 12-16-2011, 04:25 PM   #7
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

It would be nice to see a few 5th Gens down there tomorrow.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:25 PM   #8
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Quote:
You bet!

/Erik
You going to that new Road Course in Atlanta? I hope its ready by April. If so, I am doing it with Chin.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:38 PM   #9
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Had some fun today. Think its almost time for Head and Cam. Need to do another Homestead Event with better tires to get more familiar with this Car. Big difference between this and my old C5.

I managed to get a few vids. Will upload and post tomorrow.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:46 PM   #10
Erik@Torq

Quote:
You going to that new Road Course in Atlanta? I hope its ready by April. If so, I am doing it with Chin.
Eventually yes, have not looked into when yet!

Quote:
Had some fun today. Think its almost time for Head and Cam. Need to do another Homestead Event with better tires to get more familiar with this Car. Big difference between this and my old C5.

I managed to get a few vids. Will upload and post tomorrow.
Awesome! Wish I could have been there, but no new tires for my baby yet. The R-comps I have got pretty beat up the weekend before lol.

Full LS3 conversion (heads, DoD delete etc) and a proper cam would be a great upgrade. You might want to go with a converter as well depending on how aggressive the cam is.

But before you go bigger power, there are other items that I would look into doing first. One of our Camaro's is running just an intake/tune but complete brake and chassis upgrade and is still keeping up with the best out there. And I think completing the suspension/brakes/tires etc before you start adding a lot more power is a better way to go. When you add more power you will have to do it anyways!

Even a set of gears would be awesome for the track, a set of 3.91's would work fabulously in your car.

/Erik
Old 12-19-2011, 01:56 PM   #11
full of days

Drives: Camaro GT
Quote:

Awesome! Wish I could have been there, but no new tires for my baby yet. The R-comps I have got pretty beat up the weekend before lol.

Full LS3 conversion (heads, DoD delete etc) and a proper cam would be a great upgrade. You might want to go with a converter as well depending on how aggressive the cam is.

But before you go bigger power, there are other items that I would look into doing first. One of our Camaro's is running just an intake/tune but complete brake and chassis upgrade and is still keeping up with the best out there. And I think completing the suspension/brakes/tires etc before you start adding a lot more power is a better way to go. When you add more power you will have to do it anyways!

Even a set of gears would be awesome for the track, a set of 3.91's would work fabulously in your car.

/Erik
I agree 1000 percent with Erik here. Dont spend money on your motor. Get the suspension and brakes sorted first, then go for wheels/tyres. Seat time will make you faster. Save up for consumables --tires and rotors and gas, OH MY

Erik, are you still running Toyo's? I'm looking for a step up from my invo's but dont want to jump into a full on R compound tyre as I dont want to get false confidence in the grip that the R comp's give up until they go away.

Post Tenebras Lux

full of days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:06 PM   #12
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Quote:

/Erik

ok sounds good. I got things to do before I put more power it seems. Just hated some of the straighaways and few cars having that extra HP and pulling away.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:07 PM   #13
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

So upgrade the brakes to 6 pistons up front? What other suspension mods I should do next?
Old 12-19-2011, 02:39 PM   #14
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

man everytime i see this vid i say i need the cam first.

Got to 0:35. I let off the gas way too early. Should have made him work harder for the pass.