Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-31-2012, 06:35 AM   #7407
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrh@lpe View Post
Here is a link to the video:

Wow! That setup dead hooked and never broke loose!

Great work Guys!!!
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:19 PM   #7408
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Big Mike,

Is construction almost complete? Are you headed to SA in the near future?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:31 AM   #7409
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Big Mike,

Is construction almost complete? Are you headed to SA in the near future?
Not yet, still have about two weeks left on the interior, then about 3 on the exterior.

I will be north of you guys in November for the state volleyball tourney. I still havent figured out how to get away in the heat of the season for work, but I will make it.
We need to plan on how to hit the road course out your way this next spring. I am thinking a Pedders track day would suffice.

How you been my friend? I hope Deb and the kids are well.
What kind of new toys for our Camaros you have in the pipeline?
Old 09-01-2012, 02:11 PM   #7410
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Not yet, still have about two weeks left on the interior, then about 3 on the exterior.

I will be north of you guys in November for the state volleyball tourney. I still havent figured out how to get away in the heat of the season for work, but I will make it.
We need to plan on how to hit the road course out your way this next spring. I am thinking a Pedders track day would suffice.

How you been my friend? I hope Deb and the kids are well.
What kind of new toys for our Camaros you have in the pipeline?
We are all well. My oldest got her drivers license on Friday. She is my child that follows Famous last words, she should be fine on her own on the road.

We do have an incredible new peices coming. One in particular is GORGEOUS. I expect people will buy them even if they don't need them

How about SEMA and the OPTIMA. Can you make it?
Old 09-02-2012, 01:38 PM   #7411
StL Lingenfelter

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS - Lingenfelter LS7
Glad to see this thread on Camaro5! You guys are going to love your car after it has gotten some Lingenfelter-love like mine has! Was great seeing "the Black Pig" in action at CamaroFest!
Old 09-03-2012, 08:01 AM   #7412
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
We are all well. My oldest got her drivers license on Friday. She is my child that follows Famous last words, she should be fine on her own on the road.

We do have an incredible new peices coming. One in particular is GORGEOUS. I expect people will buy them even if they don't need them

How about SEMA and the OPTIMA. Can you make it?
Ouch, my daughter just got her permit....I feel your pain.

I would love to hit Sema this year, the only problem is the kids sports, work and finishing up the house. Maybe I can swing it, but it doesn't look good.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:11 PM   #7413
JusticePete

Quote:
Ouch, my daughter just got her permit....I feel your pain.

I would love to hit Sema this year, the only problem is the kids sports, work and finishing up the house. Maybe I can swing it, but it doesn't look good.
Two cars, maybe three for Pedders at the OPTIMA, with the L/28 leading the way
Old 09-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #7414
pantherbadger7
who dat

Drives: 2013 camaro ZL1 summit white
ok guys i have a question, i went to lpe's website and saw the final option for their twin turbo package and its amazing! 800hp 800tq but 64k omg! i guess i really gotta start saving.... does anyone on this site have that package? i didnt read thru all 300 pages but i am curious. is that gonna be 800rwhp or crank? the three year warranty and drivablity are a huge temptation.
pantherbadger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:42 AM   #7415
StL Lingenfelter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherbadger7 View Post
ok guys i have a question, i went to lpe's website and saw the final option for their twin turbo package and its amazing! 800hp 800tq but 64k omg! i guess i really gotta start saving.... does anyone on this site have that package? i didnt read thru all 300 pages but i am curious. is that gonna be 800rwhp or crank? the three year warranty and drivablity are a huge temptation.
I have the 750 HP package and am very happy. Excellent drivability & warranty. This package made 698 RWHP & 681 RWTQ on my car (I can show u their dyno sheet) & has more lower end TQ than the TT package(look at the dyno sheets to the two packages on. Their website) & is LOTS cheaper (not that it's cheap either:-)

Can't go wrong there & super great folks to work with!

I'm happy to share what I've learned in the long process, if interrsted.

Good luck!

-- Rick

Last edited by StL Lingenfelter; 09-07-2012 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Extra info
StL Lingenfelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #7416
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
most people here ordered the 600 or 650 package to start with and added/upgraded from there.. I havn't seen anyone post yet with a turbo build.

I havn't looked at any of the kits over the 650, but I don't believe any of them include drivetrain parts in them, or suspension upgrades, which also need to be taken into consideration when doing a high HP build.

All of us have upgraded the other items needed in the car as well.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #7417
StL Lingenfelter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post
most people here ordered the 600 or 650 package to start with and added/upgraded from there.. I havn't seen anyone post yet with a turbo build.

I havn't looked at any of the kits over the 650, but I don't believe any of them include drivetrain parts in them, or suspension upgrades, which also need to be taken into consideration when doing a high HP build.

All of us have upgraded the other items needed in the car as well.
You are right.... the 750 HP package made me upgrade the clutch, transmission (RPM level VI), DSS driveshaft, and new rear end (9.5 LPE rear). So ANY build requires thinking about where the weakest link in the chain is going to be and be sure you don't turn what is behind the engine into confetti. So you need to figure that any engine package may end up being a good bit more when you start checking the other boxes!

Good luck... --Rick
Old 09-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #7418
mws444

LOL, everyone is right on the continuation of mods. I started out with the 650 pkg, then went on and bumped it up to 706 at the rear wheels. Along the way I did the entire suspension with Pedders of course. New brakes, rotors and calipers came next along with a new RPM tranny, drive shaft and rear end.
I about have the car where I want it performance wise, I guess it is time for a few cosmetic enhancements.
As many before me have stated on this thread.....it is a disease!
I would start all over agian in a heartbeat, I have had more fun along the way than should be legal.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #7419
pantherbadger7
who dat

Drives: 2013 camaro ZL1 summit white
i spoke to the guys at lingenfelter and we discussed some options for my car. thanks guys for the info! im fully aware that adding more power means i have to upgrade the drivetrain, brakes, etc.... what are some of the popular options for some one in the 550-600rwhp range? brembo? pedders?
pantherbadger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #7420
StL Lingenfelter

Quote:
LOL, everyone is right on the continuation of mods. I started out with the 650 pkg, then went on and bumped it up to 706 at the rear wheels. Along the way I did the entire suspension with Pedders of course. New brakes, rotors and calipers came next along with a new RPM tranny, drive shaft and rear end.
I about have the car where I want it performance wise, I guess it is time for a few cosmetic enhancements.
As many before me have stated on this thread.....it is a disease!
I would start all over agian in a heartbeat, I have had more fun along the way than should be legal.
Congratulations on contracting the contagious disease that no one who has it wants cured !! Sweet ride