Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-15-2009, 11:25 AM   #85
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
Can we update this thread, looking at the latest car with stripes, it indicates that the REAR stripes do NOT go over the stock spoiler. Sucks...:(

-bobby
I have requested a clarification from GM. I want to get the official word before changing the information. I will update as soon as I here anything.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:56 AM   #86
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjlee1967 View Post
I know that this has probably been brought up a million times, but here goes.... is there any companies offering or will offer in the near future LONGER hood and deck stripes?
Yes. Camaro5 member Txturbo will be offering a few stripe combinations. PM him and he can tell you the specifics.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:58 AM   #87
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjlee1967 View Post
I know that this has probably been brought up a million times, but here goes.... is there any companies offering or will offer in the near future LONGER hood and deck stripes?
It definitely has been covered before. Check out this site. No pictures yet, but a coming section for the Camaro. You can also look at the options that are available for the Challenger today to get some ideas. I am sure there will be other places offering packages too.

http://ridergraphix.com/
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:49 PM   #88
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
I have requested a clarification from GM. I want to get the official word before changing the information. I will update as soon as I here anything.
If it's not one thing it's another, Hylton. Just when I'm ready to accept the hood stripes, especially after seeing the VR SS at Detroit, they short change us on the stock spoiler and leave it abashed and naked! Why, it's enough to make a fellow cancel his whole order rather than face the embarras....awh...nevermind...just kidding. But it REALLY is unacceptable to me, so I'm very glad to see you're on top of the situation as usual. I'm standing by.

EDIT: Just came from chevylaunch and the updated pictures of the rally stripes - short hood - DEFINITELY show the deck stripes going over the stock spoiler. Guess there's room for optimism.

Last edited by Rodrunner; 01-15-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Rodrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 01:06 PM   #89
Hylton

Personally, I think the stripes will go over the spoiler and that whoever did the stripes on the VR car at NAIAS ran out of time (or tape). Definitely looks better coming over the spoiler IMO but let's wait to get the official word before starting unconfirmed rumors.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:16 PM   #90
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Same here, I can tolerate the short hood stripe however the trunk looks bad with short stripes, it needs to go over the spoiler for sure.

Be carefull with aftermarket stripes, they never "look" right to me. they can be "off" by a 1/8 of an inch and you will notice for sure. Its factory or nothing for me.

=Bobby
Old 01-15-2009, 02:17 PM   #91
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
My dollar says the information was not available when the catalog was printed. It was definitely not nixed as it is part of the hockey stick stripe package.
Say what now? Part of the hockey stripe package?

Is this a hockey stripe package I don't know about?
- Xanthos

P.S. -

Quote:
Same here, I can tolerate the short hood stripe however the trunk looks bad with short stripes, it needs to go over the spoiler for sure.

Be carefull with aftermarket stripes, they never "look" right to me. they can be "off" by a 1/8 of an inch and you will notice for sure. Its factory or nothing for me.

=Bobby
This is why all the after market stripes I might order will follow body lines exactly.

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:21 PM   #92
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
This is why all the after market stripes I might order will follow body lines exactly.[/QUOTE]

I never seen that done, they are always off, either the diecut or the install.

-bobby
Old 01-15-2009, 02:23 PM   #93
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
Say what now? Part of the hockey stripe package?

Is this a hockey stripe package I don't know about?
- Xanthos

No it's still the same:

VYQ—Black Hood and Hockey Stripe
VYP—White Hood and Hockey Stripe
VYR—Cyber Gray Hood and Hockey Stripe

These packages get you the hockey stick stripes down the side of the car AND the large stripe down the hood and trunk AND the black stripe at the tailpanel. I believe that the back stripe is black regardless of which color your hockey stripe package is. The picture below shows the stripes you get when ordering LPO VYQ, VYP or VYR.

Since this is an LPO, you can tell the dealer which ones you would like to put on or leave off. They will also be available seperately.
Attached Images

Old 01-15-2009, 02:39 PM   #94
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Quote:
No it's still the same:

VYQ—Black Hood and Hockey Stripe
VYP—White Hood and Hockey Stripe
VYR—Cyber Gray Hood and Hockey Stripe

These packages get you the hockey stick stripes down the side of the car AND the large stripe down the hood and trunk AND the black stripe at the tailpanel. I believe that the back stripe is black regardless of which color your hockey stripe package is. The picture below shows the stripes you get when ordering LPO VYQ, VYP or VYR.

Since this is an LPO, you can tell the dealer which ones you would like to put on or leave off. They will also be available seperately.
Interesting - I didn't know that.

I don't want to pay the extra for the full package though. Maybe I can talk my dealer into ordering the LPO then just keeping the stripes to sell to somebody else, that way it shows up on my window sticker when I get the decklid stripe painted on... Would be nice, but I don't know if I'd be able to talk a dealer into doing it.
- Xanthos

Old 01-15-2009, 02:40 PM   #95
Hylton

Quote:

=Bobby
Quote:
This is why all the after market stripes I might order will follow body lines exactly.
Quote:
I never seen that done, they are always off, either the diecut or the install.

-bobby
Which is why I suggest going to Txturbo for all your aftermarket stripe needs. He is one of us and is ordering a 5th gen so he knows what the factory stripes look like and can test fit them to get them perfect before making you a set. Most stripes are made by guys who don't have the car the stripe is being made for.

He has posted in the past that he will guarantee the EXACT fit as the factory stripes and will make them in any color you want. He is also willing to make the factory stripes for you but extend them so they will go past the hood if you prefer that look. Besides, he wouldn't dare show his face around here if he screwed up the stripes.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:44 PM   #96
Hylton

Quote:
Interesting - I didn't know that.

I don't want to pay the extra for the full package though. Maybe I can talk my dealer into ordering the LPO then just keeping the stripes to sell to somebody else, that way it shows up on my window sticker when I get the decklid stripe painted on... Would be nice, but I don't know if I'd be able to talk a dealer into doing it.
- Xanthos
I will be doing something similar. I think I may hold off on installing the big hood/trunk stripe and then install it after a few years to give the car a different look. I also want the LPO to show up on my buildsheet so I will pay the extra $$ for stripes I may not use.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:48 PM   #97
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Quote:
I will be doing something similar. I think I may hold off on installing the big hood/trunk stripe and then install it after a few years to give the car a different look. I also want the LPO to show up on my buildsheet so I will pay the extra $$ for stripes I may not use.
Well, the thing is that if I'm going to pay 500 bucks for just the decklid stripe so it can show up on my window sticker/build sheet/etc. I'd want paint for that pricing, not vinyl.

Like I said, maybe I can work out a deal with my dealer. Or with another member here to sell them the stripes (because they come from the factory in the trunk, right?) and I'll just use that money to get my paint.
- Xanthos

Old 01-15-2009, 02:51 PM   #98
Hylton

Quote:
Well, the thing is that if I'm going to pay 500 bucks for just the decklid stripe so it can show up on my window sticker/build sheet/etc. I'd want paint for that pricing, not vinyl.

Like I said, maybe I can work out a deal with my dealer. Or with another member here to sell them the stripes (because they come from the factory in the trunk, right?) and I'll just use that money to get my paint.
- Xanthos
If all you want is the black stripe that is on the silver car is in your signature, just order part number 92215975 from your dealers parts counter.