Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 10:30 PM   #29
zirotti

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I would think it would be beneficial to the community if you pointed out in public who made that statement Leonardo so other's don't get burned. For ANY business owner (regardless of size) to tell you it's your responsibility to retrieve a lost package is an absolute idiot. It is always the shippers responsibility to insure the package and guarantee you delivery. I would have called my credit company as soon as I got that email back as it's completely unacceptable behavior.

Is said vendor a "preferred" vendor here?
Old 10-01-2010, 09:36 AM   #30
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / Ducati 1198s
hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirotti View Post
I would think it would be beneficial to the community if you pointed out in public who made that statement Leonardo so other's don't get burned. For ANY business owner (regardless of size) to tell you it's your responsibility to retrieve a lost package is an absolute idiot. It is always the shippers responsibility to insure the package and guarantee you delivery. I would have called my credit company as soon as I got that email back as it's completely unacceptable behavior.

Yes this is a "preferred" vendor and thats the reason I dont want to put them on blast because they are one of C5 biggest supporters but if you'd like I cant let you know in private message but my morals and ethics just wont let me put them on blast as much as I would like to
Old 10-01-2010, 09:44 AM   #31
67 Convertible

Drives: 67 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo View Post
Ok so there was recently a group buy for some short ram injen intakes for the V6, and I placed my order on 09/03/10 and to make a long story short turns out UPS lost the package so I called the vendor ( I will not mention the name because I dont want to bash on them since they are a C5 vendor ) and they told me "we will send you another intake once we get refunded by UPS" which by the way takes 2-3 weeks so Im looking at getting my intake around end of october.......... Im in logistics and when we ship something out and the carrier happens to loose it or damage it we dont call the customer and tell them "sorry you have to wait until we get refunded from the carrier to send you your product" we send them the product and deal with the carrier on a separate basis so that the customer is happy...... am I the only one who sees it like this or do others see where I am coming from ?
You got two seperate threads going on this same subject........Very Confusing!!!! One in Off Topic and one in Vendor Feedback.
Merge Please................................
1100 - 4/28/09
2000 - 5/01/09
2500 - 5/05/09
3000 - 5/05/09
3300 - 5/30/09
3400 - 6/05/09
3800 - 6/18/09
4000 - 6/18/09
4B00 - 6/18/09
4200 - 6/22/09
5000 - 7/01/09
6000 - 7/01/09 It's Home!!
0000 - 7/14/11 Traded in with 24,000 miles. Currently 5th Gen less

Last edited by 67 Convertible; 10-01-2010 at 10:00 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:55 AM   #32
leonardo

I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 Convertible View Post
You got two seperate threads going on this same subject........Very Confusing!!!! One in Off Topic and one in Vedor Feedback.
Merge Please................................
Moderator please merge. Thanks
Old 10-01-2010, 10:27 AM   #33
MSG'

Drives: 2010 1SS Camaro
As someone who regularly buys online, and someone who used to sell alot on ebay, I just want to say that I agree completely with marylandspeeds practices, there is nothing wrong with his terms. I also agree with leonardo, that what you are putting up with is completely unacceptable. It is the shippers responsiblity to get the package to you, if I sold something on ebay and it got lost in the mail, I would refund the customer if I didnt have a replacement, I always used tracking/delivery confirmation.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:35 AM   #34
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
I don't know of any shipping company that just puts in writing they will approve lost package claims without investigating. However if you have only handled 5 lost package claims that seems strange anyway. While busy, we are not spending $11 million a year in shipping..yet I seem to deal with 1-2 of these claims a month with UPS. While I strive to provide the best customer service possible (as our reputation here shows), I am also trying to let customers know that there are other things going on here.

I think most of these situations can be avoided with communication. I mean whenever there is an issue as a company I try and start off with "I'm sorry for the issue" and listen to and understand the customer. Explaination and compromise can save a lot of blood pressure raising issues. Al people want to know is you are doing everything to get them what they paid for.
To be really honest I am not a big fan of UPS, but I do use them ocassionally but most of mine goes Fed Ex. Does it cost more? Yes it cost a little more but when you alleviate problems like these then the extr cost is more of a benefit than a cost.

I fully understand the process of lost packages and yes the do happen. My point is that I have a " Memorandum of Understanding " with UPS Fed Ex or whomever to cover incidents like this.

In the event something get lost, misplaced, destroyed or stolen, I will send the customer a replacement immediately upon notification as long as I have the product in stock, if I don't then it is drop shipped. I will fill out a claim with the vendor. IF it is found it will be returned to me at vendors expense. IF lost, stolen, destroyed, abducted by aliens then the value of the product plus the shipping cost will be sent to me.

I along with my vendors understand that things happen and is to be expected periodically when you ship things but we have an understanding that the Customer comes first...... Maybe this part of the reason I do not have many lost or damaged.

Another part is packaging. Most try to use the least amount of packaging because of cost.

Just an example this week. We purchased some new equipment for 32000.00
It arrived this past Tuesday and 2 pieces were destroyed. The value was 11000.00 of the damaged equipment, even though I was not the shipper I called my contact at the trucking company, the next day the sent an inspector out and are going to replace these machines.

I could have been an idiot and asked for lost wages since the equipment is production equipment but we kinda worked together and the siuation was resloved in one day.

I understand that I may have a little more influence because of the money that is spent but it still boils down to one basic, primary goal of customer satisfaction.

I have said many times and I will say it again.

" People understand that there may be problems, it is not the problem that they look at , They look at How It Is Handled"

Obviously this vendor does not care like you do.

Last edited by Dr Jkel; 10-01-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:54 AM   #35
leonardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
To be really honest I am not a big fan of UPS, but I do use them ocassionally but most of mine goes Fed Ex. Does it cost more? Yes it cost a little more but when you alleviate problems like these then the extr cost is more of a benefit than a cost.

I fully understand the process of lost packages and yes the do happen. My point is that I have a " Memorandum of Understanding " with UPS Fed Ex or whomever to cover incidents like this.

In the event something get lost, misplaced, destroyed or stolen, I will send the customer a replacement immediately upon notification as long as I have the product in stock, if I don't then it is drop shipped. I will fill out a claim with the vendor. IF it is found it will be returned to me at vendors expense. IF lost, stolen, destroyed, abducted by aliens then the value of the product plus the shipping cost will be sent to me.

I along with my vendors understand that things happen and is to be expected periodically when you ship things but we have an understanding that the Customer comes first...... Maybe this part of the reason I do not have many lost or damaged.

Another part is packaging. Most try to use the least amount of packaging because of cost.

Just an example this week. We purchased some new equipment for 32000.00
It arrived this past Tuesday and 2 pieces were destroyed. The value was 11000.00 of the damaged equipment, even though I was not the shipper I called my contact at the trucking company, the next day the sent an inspector out and are going to replace these machines.

I could have been an idiot and asked for lost wages since the equipment is production equipment but we kinda worked together and the siuation was resloved in one day.

I understand that I may have a little more influence because of the money that is spent but it still boils down to one basic, primary goal of customer satisfaction.

I have said many times and I will say it again.

" People understand that there may be problems, it is not the problem that is what they look at , They look at How It Is Handled"

Obviously this vendor does not care like you do.
Exactly !!!! I think every business owner should post that saying up on their wall or in front of their desk to remind them of what good customer service is all about
Old 10-01-2010, 02:54 PM   #36
leonardo

For all you that kept private messaging me about who the vendor is, its JANNETTY RACING , sorry I had to put it out because I was getting an overwhelming amount of people asking me who the vendor was and yes I agree with some of the people who told me I need to speak up so that it doesnt happen to them. I really didnt want to put their name out because they are a C5 vendor but then again my brothers here on C5 are right, why let this kind of thing go untold and continue bad business
Old 10-01-2010, 03:04 PM   #37
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
" People understand that there may be problems, it is not the problem that they look at , They look at How It Is Handled"

Obviously this vendor does not care.

I will say it again that this is really sad. When businesses do not put their customers first, eventually their business will be gone.

I can understand if they did not have another one to ship but at least they should have told you that instead of

"Whomever you talked to at UPS is a Jackass, Call Back.
We can ship another but you will have to pay for it and resolve the Issue with UPS to get
a refund for the one they lost.
Once it is in they're hands it is they're Responsibility.It sucks but that is how it works.
We are Checking with UPS to see if there is anything we can do to help."

Really makes me want to spend money with someone like this. I have to believe that there must be some mis-understanding, just got to be. Well maybe not..................................

I guess we will find out how much they value customer service now.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:21 PM   #38
CamaroFTW

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS-Rally Yellow
Send a message via MSN to CamaroFTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by zirotti View Post

Got to agree with this. That email sent to the customer was just unbelievable!
Whoever wrote that needs to brush up on customer service responses.

We run a internet business and ALWAYS reship as soon as the tracer is done. Yes that is a few days wait but like Maryland Speed says sometimes they show up in a 2-3 days and then problem solved. We NEVER make a customer wait for UPS to pay the claim and get the check. If you practice this policy you just need to get out of the internet business.

Last edited by CamaroFTW; 10-02-2010 at 08:53 AM.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:15 AM   #39
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
I will Step UP, It Was Me, Jannetty Racing, Ted. I wrote the response, but the other half of the email is missing.

We have been scammed many times, this does not mean that this is the case but we have to follow Protocol to make sure we are not getting scammed.

We did this group buy to benefit the community and get all of You a Really Good Deal on a great Product.

I assure you all it was a Daunting Task for Very Little Profit!

Then we had problems with the manufacturer not sending Hydroshields in the kits, this added a ton more work to make sure everyone got one, then we even had 4 people get kits with NO filters, Geez, I can't win here.

Out of 67 People your the only one that got lost.

The conversations I had with you did not show us your discontent, in fact You were quite Pleasant on the phone, Yet Blast us on a public forum.

You even said to me I know it is Not your Fault, all you had to do was ask for a Refund and we would have given you one, I am very easy to get along with, Just Ask.

The whole focus was around finding your part.

We don't even have a replacement From the Group Buy to Send, this means I have to pay more for the Part and have it drop shipped and in the mean time UPS could Find your Part.

We have put in countless hours chasing your Part on HOLD with UPS, I guess our time means nothing to you.

I got your Pay Pal dispute this morning and immediately refunded your money.

You didn't want to purchase a replacement until the UPS Tracer was complete yet you purchased one from someone else????

If the Part shows up at your House I am confident you will refuse it.

Thank you For bringing this to my attention.

Maryland Speed I appreciate your response, from someone who Knows the business.

I am the first one to admit when I make a mistake, but I can't possibly do anything about it unless you bring it to my attention, this could have very easily been resolved with a phone call to ME.

Ted.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:28 PM   #40
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
How far did the package get tracked once it left from from the supplier ship site???

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
Old 10-04-2010, 09:54 AM   #41
leonardo

tracking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbusa View Post
How far did the package get tracked once it left from from the supplier ship site???
here is the info
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2010, 10:08 AM   #42
leonardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I will Step UP, It Was Me, Jannetty Racing, Ted. I wrote the response, but the other half of the email is missing.

We have been scammed many times, this does not mean that this is the case but we have to follow Protocol to make sure we are not getting scammed.

We did this group buy to benefit the community and get all of You a Really Good Deal on a great Product.

I assure you all it was a Daunting Task for Very Little Profit!

Then we had problems with the manufacturer not sending Hydroshields in the kits, this added a ton more work to make sure everyone got one, then we even had 4 people get kits with NO filters, Geez, I can't win here.

Out of 67 People your the only one that got lost.

The conversations I had with you did not show us your discontent, in fact You were quite Pleasant on the phone, Yet Blast us on a public forum.

You even said to me I know it is Not your Fault, all you had to do was ask for a Refund and we would have given you one, I am very easy to get along with, Just Ask.

The whole focus was around finding your part.

We don't even have a replacement From the Group Buy to Send, this means I have to pay more for the Part and have it drop shipped and in the mean time UPS could Find your Part.

We have put in countless hours chasing your Part on HOLD with UPS, I guess our time means nothing to you.

I got your Pay Pal dispute this morning and immediately refunded your money.

You didn't want to purchase a replacement until the UPS Tracer was complete yet you purchased one from someone else????

If the Part shows up at your House I am confident you will refuse it.

Thank you For bringing this to my attention.

Maryland Speed I appreciate your response, from someone who Knows the business.

I am the first one to admit when I make a mistake, but I can't possibly do anything about it unless you bring it to my attention, this could have very easily been resolved with a phone call to ME.

Ted.
I dont agree with this protocal at all as many members here have also backed me up on this that I should not have to wait until UPS refunds the vendor before the customer can get his product.

I assure you if UPS ever did find the part they would return it back to the shipper since the shipper filed the claim so no loss would of been incured there.

Can you blame me for purchasing it from a different vendor and not wanting to wait another month till UPS closed their claim .... didnt think so .

At the end of the day business is business and I am sure losses occurr which is why we live in USA where government allows tax deductions for such things, my point and only point of this whole deal is that I dont feel is right that such protocal is in place and as you can see many member here agree with me that customer comes first. I have nothing against Jannetty because you guys done C5 a lot of good, I am just not happy with that particual protocal you guys have in place, but then again its not my business and I respect that.

On a last note I want to thank Adkins Performance for coming trough for me, not only did they give me a great deal on the intake but they personally drove over 40 miles to make sure I got my intake to make sure UPS didnt loose that one as well , WOW !!! thats what I call great service All local OC/LA and Riverside county guys this is the place to go trust me, great service and selection of all performance products
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/member.php?u=30269

Last edited by leonardo; 10-04-2010 at 11:02 AM. Reason: ..

Closed Thread