Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-07-2007, 07:56 PM   #1
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
What are your Pet-Peeves?

Real-life Peeves: I can't stand it if someone doesn't look me in the eye at least 50% of the time I'm talking to them. It allows me to tell if their lying (yeah, I can do that), and it gives me a better opinion of them.

Doesn't quite work online, though...

Online peeves:
Especially being in this rumor-mill buisness of sorts, I hate it when folks take a well-know Rumor and post it as "I know for a fact that - (insert foolish rumor here)". It makes me want to reach through the screen an back-hand them.

What about everybody else? What are your pet-peeves?
Old 09-07-2007, 08:28 PM   #2
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
CELL PHONES!!!!!!!!

HATE 'EM, HATE 'EM, HATE 'EM..........
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:05 PM   #3
Myka
ritired suthern gentlman

Drives: nothing now
cell phones while driving
driving without lights at night
an asterisk in a document with no key
items at the store with no price
people that stare at me where ever I go...what are you looking at?
but mostly...not having anything to do on a friday night ..pity parties are nice though
Myka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:03 PM   #4
unkbd

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Ignorance of any kind...

Yeah, I've done my share of stupid things, but there is nothing that bothers me more than someone who is completely ignorant. A friend of mine once said, "There is absolutely no reason to be stupid, unless you are gonna show it off."
unkbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:39 PM   #5
Mr. Wyndham

Ignorance is bliss, they say. I agree with them, too. Stupid people are the happiest people on Earth - unless they know they're stupid, in which case they have no reason to be ignorant in the first place.

At work - up at the front counter/desk area. I HATE it when people come up looking for something - while they're on their Cell Phone!!! ARHHG! I have to restrain myself, because there's no screen in between me and the customer - or I'd backhand them too! Stupid, Rude, people!!!

Do you hate using cell phones too, moose? I couldn't go 1 day comfortably without one. I don't talk all that often - but It's my link to the world, in case something bad happens...
Old 09-08-2007, 02:13 AM   #6
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Tailgaters.

People who don't turn off their bright lights when driving towards you.

Standing in long lines at the grocery store when they have only 4 lanes open
but 25 registers...get some more people on there!!! I have sh!t to do!

People who rest their car door on yours when they get out of their vehicle because they think it's okay....GRRRR

People who can't take orders at a drive through window...and you still get your food wrong.

Yup...people on cell phones when they are driving.

People leaving the grocery store pushing their carts in the middle of the freaking driveway so you can't drive around them...scoot the hell over!

That d@mn house alarm on the ranch behind me that's been going off constantly for the last two weeks...no one lives there...it just keeps going off. That things driving me nuts!

Don't like standing in long lines or having to wait on hold forever on the phone.

Bosses who don't give credit when credit is due.

I'm tired of seeing Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie, Brit Spears, and Lindsay Lohan on CNN and EVERY OTHER NEWS CHANNEL!!! My God, is THIS what NEWS is really about?!?!?!?!?! Show something worth my time! I watch the news for world events. Not to find out what celbrity is in trouble now!!!

and at work...

I'm tired of people not knowing where they are when they call police. Take a look around. No matter where I'm at, I can see at least one address on a building somewhere...and I'll usually know what street I'm on. And for crying out loud...if you work there, you should know the address and phone by memory...

If you call police, realize it might take a few minutes for us to get there...we're already short handed as it is. And if you're still not happy w/ our response time, go complain to your city manager. She's the one who has the power to put more officers on the streets but would rather spend the money on a new park.

I'm tired of people expecting me to "fix" a problem they've created. I love helping those who need it, but if you seriously mess something up and you're the cause of the problem, guess what.....

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ghlight=police
refer to this post for all the other work related stuff....it's all true.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 07:34 AM   #7
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
I agree with the cell phone thing, with Dragon's exception for IMPORTANT contact. Half the time the people on their cell phones have absolutely nothing to say and they make sure you hear it to.
Screaming kids at the movies.
Tailgaters, though that's easy enough to fix with a couple quick brake checks .
People that either let their shopping carts roll away in the parking lot and or those to lazy to return the carts to the store or the corral thingy(excuse the techno lingo )
People that pay with checks or credit cards in the cash only lane in stores.
Another peeve are these kids going around with their pants half way down their a's thinking it looks cool. Pull your damn pants up!! Have some damn respect for yourself instaed of acting like a freaking convict. I see it every day at work in our rec yard (The only area they can get away with it). But we do have ways of fixing that little problem on the walkway during movements. We catch a con on the walkway with their pants sagging, we pull'em over an pat frisk (Checking then for any weapons, drugs, ect.)them and when we're done with the frisk we pull their pants up for them, pisses'em of big time.
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:28 AM   #8
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jak View Post
Another peeve are these kids going around with their pants half way down their a's thinking it looks cool. Pull your damn pants up!! Have some damn respect for yourself instaed of acting like a freaking convict. I see it every day at work in our rec yard (The only area they can get away with it). But we do have ways of fixing that little problem on the walkway during movements. We catch a con on the walkway with their pants sagging, we pull'em over an pat frisk (Checking then for any weapons, drugs, ect.)them and when we're done with the frisk we pull their pants up for them, pisses'em of big time.
AHhhhhh!!! I forgot about that! Of all the people I've listed above I want to backhand I want to hit these kids the hardest. If they want to look like A$$'s, whatever -I hate it, but it's your life. What I don't get, is the ones who buy pants SOOO big, that they need to walkaround holding them up all day - thus the advent of that Crotch-holding thing you sometimes see Rapper's or hip-Hop artists pull (I think that's what caused it). WTF?!?! Wear a damn belt!
Old 09-08-2007, 10:33 AM   #9
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
^Yup...and I love it when they run from us. It's funny as hell to see them try to get away when their pants are falling down. That is one of my HUGE pet peeves too.

Completely agree about the movie comment...kids in the movies talking and of course, people on their cell phones in the movie theaters.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 12:59 PM   #10
bprange

Drives: '94 Red/Black Z/28
One of my biggest personal annoyance is when someone will say "Me and Sam did this..." instead of "Sam and I did blah blah". It sounds very ignorant, also I great really annoyed when people use internet short hand (it looks stupid and I think it takes away your credibility), improper uses of their, there, and they're, and GM not releasing any F'ing info! (so baiscly just gramatical pet peeves)
Old 09-08-2007, 01:42 PM   #11
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
1) Staying in the "fast lane" when not actively passing someone...just cruising along because they are old or female and too afraid to change lanes.

2) Turn your blinker off. If you can't HEAR the tick-tick-tick, you probably shouldn't be driving.

3) Move the hell over when you see emergency vehicles on the side of the road. And if one is behind you, GET THE HELL OUT OF THIER WAY.

4) Heavy traffic and intersections. People who crawl into the middle of the intersection instead of waiting at the white line...so when theri light turns red and the opposite traffic can go, everyone gets jammed up because the minivan is in the middle of the "box". I do rather enjoy being the first in the line when this happens though, I don't even hesitate to hit the gas hard then lock up the brakes and lay on the horn until they can move out of the way. I actually made a woman cry before. Hopefully she never does it again. not nice of me, at all...but this really really bothers me.

5) You can speak English. I know you can. So don't show up to the court/DMV/etc acting like you can't just so you can get special treatment.

6) People that can't take a hint that you want ton end a conversation.

7) Kids that don't listen to thier parents.

8) Parents that think it's cute that thier kids are satanic little bastards with no respect.

9) Teacher, cop, and military salaries. Pay these people who are the absolute BACKBONE of your society, please.

10) CNN. Everything about it.

11) People who stink. But mainly the people who DON'T tell them they stink.

12) Being afraid to approach something that is different, or avoid it. My GF's son has a facial deformity, and we have to endure whispers from adults about dropping the baby, etc...whereas beautiful innocent children just come out and say "so what happened to his face?", so we can explain that it's just a birthmark. Adults can learn from their children in so many ways.

13) Professional athletes (especially baseball and basketball). Give me a break about your money woes. Go on strike because $20 million dollars a year isn't enough? Kiss my ass.

14) IM speak.

15) Again, IM speak...because it's that bad...

I'm more on a rant now, since I'm at work on Saturday....sigh. Gotta make up hours since I was home with a sick kid yesterday. :/
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 03:22 PM   #12
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
People who rest their car door on yours when they get out of their vehicle because they think it's okay....GRRRR

Yup...people on cell phones when they are driving.
I'm going to admit I do both of these.

1- When the parking is just too tight and there is NO way I can get out of the car without having it open all the way to your cars door, I'll VERY CAREFULLY rest my door on your car to get out.

2- Talking on a cell phone is not much more distracting (to me anyway) than having a discussion with someone in the car with you. If anything I can pay MORE attention to the road when the person isn't right there for me to see.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 03:43 PM   #13
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
9) Teacher, cop, and military salaries. Pay these people who are the absolute BACKBONE of your society, please.

13) Professional athletes (especially baseball and basketball). Give me a break about your money woes. Go on strike because $20 million dollars a year isn't enough? Kiss my ass.
I can't say for everywhere, but imo teachers make a pretty good amount of money. Don't forget they have summers off... They don't even work a full year for that money. I just read that teachers at my local HS will be starting at $50,000 a year. That's PLENTY for a job that works 9 months a year. More than enough imo. I can't comment on Officer or Military salaries since I don't know what they make in NJ. But NJ DOES have the highest paid Corrections Officers in the nation I know.

I completely agree with the athlete thing. They are SEVERELY OVERPAID. I'd rather the Dr. that may save my life get paid that money than some guy that knows how to catch/run/hit/kick a ball... Yep, I hate sports if you couldn't tell. LOL
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 03:51 PM   #14
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
My list would be very long and I don't have more than a few minutes, but I'll get a list up here soon. The number one of course is people stereotyping me for being something I'm not.

"Dirty Mexican!" "Damn FOB, go back to da pill-a-peens" "Hey mon, joo got da ganj?"