Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #71
ss/rs-matt

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by patroklai View Post
^^ I'm with you on that one. I used to have a BMW that I sold recently and that car saw about 3 different spring configurations and then 2 different coil over setups. The biggest issue was the lack of drop from the springs.

I now have an newer model M3 with H&R loweing springs and the thing drives amazing. My faith in springs was restored. The suspension has so much control it just seems the springs were engineered for the factory shocks.

However, I cannot say the same for my LG SS springs. My camaro rides harsh (not to be confused with stiff) is bouncy and has at times unpredictable handling characteristics even after doing sway bars. I attribute this so the soft/spongy design of the suspesion as a whole (bushings/arms/etc). As you upgrade suspension components, other OEM components will start to fall behind and their weaknessess will become more aparent- you never win unless you keep modding

OP- your car looks almost identical to mine, except I have stripes and not as low of a drop. Did you put spacers on yours? I'm on 25mm spacers all around and love it... not sure I could go any lower.
I have 20mm H&R spacers all the way around and the tires tuck just perfect. I don't think I could run 25mm.

ss/rs-matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:37 AM   #72
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Matt get your tools ready I'm comming over!!!! Looks awesome I just might have to get a set..
Old 06-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #73
ss/rs-matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddunerider View Post
Matt get your tools ready I'm comming over!!!! Looks awesome I just might have to get a set..
Let's do it! I'm ready when you are.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:27 PM   #74
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Sweet I will pay you for your help$$
Old 06-21-2012, 12:58 PM   #75
ss/rs-matt

I'll PM you.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:59 PM   #76
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Dont forget Vegas if you can go???
Old 06-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #77
ss/rs-matt

Quote:
Dont forget Vegas if you can go???
I don't think I'm gonna be able to swing it. The wife and I are going on a cruise the weekend before so money is gonna be tight. I did sign up for the Roval at the auto club speedway Aug 12th. You wanna join? I might be able to get you a free garage.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:50 AM   #78
cterry
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2010 Carmaro SS/RS
I am putting mine this weekend. Hope you don't mind if I hit you up with any questions. I will be doing it in my garage on jack stands, so need to ask you how you did the timing of the bushings.
cterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:09 AM   #79
ss/rs-matt

Hey guys, I've gotten a lot of PMs about the guy I got mine from. Unfortunatly, he has gone MIA. I've called several times and haven't got a call back. So, I called Megan racing and told them about all the interest in these and they have agreed to list me as a dealer because of my thread. Which means I can buy direct from them at almost wholesale cost. If anybody wants a set, pm me and we can work out details and get you a set.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:22 AM   #80
ss/rs-matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cterry View Post
I am putting mine this weekend. Hope you don't mind if I hit you up with any questions. I will be doing it in my garage on jack stands, so need to ask you how you did the timing of the bushings.
With the car on jack stands and the coilovers installed I loosened up all the bushings. Then I placed my jack under the suspension and jacked it up until the weight was off the jack stand and on the suspension in that corner. Then tighten up the bushings.

Basically I simulated the suspension being under the weight of the car with the jack. Hope that helps!

Old 06-28-2012, 11:57 PM   #81
cterry
So Cal Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss/rs-matt View Post
With the car on jack stands and the coilovers installed I loosened up all the bushings. Then I placed my jack under the suspension and jacked it up until the weight was off the jack stand and on the suspension in that corner. Then tighten up the bushings.

Basically I simulated the suspension being under the weight of the car with the jack. Hope that helps!
sounds easy enough. I was thinking I needed to get the weight off all corners at once.
Thanks
Old 07-01-2012, 10:07 AM   #82
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Old 07-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #83
cterry
So Cal Race Team

Quote:
got it done last night, bu must not have adjusted the new Adjustable toe links right. Right rear is pointed in too much and was beat by the time I got it all done. Should be a quick fix this morning.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:21 PM   #84
ss/rs-matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cterry View Post
got it done last night, bu must not have adjusted the new Adjustable toe links right. Right rear is pointed in too much and was beat by the time I got it all done. Should be a quick fix this morning.
Nice! Let's see some pics!