Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 10-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #1
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Various Product Reviews

Hey guys,

Got an email with a coupon code that was too good to pass up for 10% off everything and free shipping on orders over $125 (PM me if you want it, but it expires at midnight ET), so I just had to grab a few new things.

I'll post up some reviews, got some stuff that I haven't seen talked much about here. Some old favorites, and some stuff I haven't tried before:

Menzerna 4500
Griot's Rubber Cleaner
CG Blacklight
CG V7 Spray Sealant
CG Pete's 53 Pearl Signature Paste Wax
Supreme 530 towels
Lake Country Blue flat finessing pad

I wanted to get the Tuf Shine kit, but Autogeek doesn't carry them for some reason and I didn't want to take the change of Autopia not honoring the coupon, so I'll get that some other time.

Anyway, keep an eye out for some reviews. Some of that stuff I have used before and it's phenomenal.

Last edited by CamaroDreams07; 11-04-2012 at 07:32 PM.
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:35 AM   #2
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Hey guys,

Got an email with a coupon code that was too good to pass up for 10% off everything and free shipping on orders over $125 (PM me if you want it, but it expires at midnight ET), so I just had to grab a few new things.

I'll post up some reviews, got some stuff that I haven't seen talked much about here. Some old favorites, and some stuff I haven't tried before:

Menzerna 4500
Griot's Rubber Cleaner
CG Blacklight
CG V7 Spray Sealant
CG Pete's 53 Pearl Signature Paste Wax
Supreme 530 towels
Lake Country Blue flat finessing pad

I wanted to get the Tuf Shine kit, but Autogeek doesn't carry them for some reason and I didn't want to take the change of Autopia not honoring the coupon, so I'll get that some other time.

Anyway, keep an eye out for some reviews. Some of that stuff I have used before and it's phenomenal.
Nice, I like the Pete's 53 and I have 6 of the supreme 530 towels, they're both great!

Also, autopia and autogeek are owned by the same company. The already honor other companies discounts and prices and they definitely honor their own company's discounts

I've used AG coupons at autopia before and vice versa

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:08 AM   #3
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Never heard of any of that stuff but I assume its probably pretty good can't wait to see your review
Old 10-29-2012, 10:34 AM   #4
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
Nice, I like the Pete's 53 and I have 6 of the supreme 530 towels, they're both great!

Also, autopia and autogeek are owned by the same company. The already honor other companies discounts and prices and they definitely honor their own company's discounts

I've used AG coupons at autopia before and vice versa

That's what I figured but I wasn't sure since auto geek didn't carry tuf shine. Doesn't really matter, I need another tire dressing like another hole in my head.

*We have armadillos in our trousers. It's really quite frightening*
Old 10-29-2012, 11:42 AM   #5
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Quote:
That's what I figured but I wasn't sure since auto geek didn't carry tuf shine. Doesn't really matter, I need another tire dressing like another hole in my head.

For whatever reason, Autopia has an exclusive contract with Tuf Shine for now.... At least, that is what I've heard on the forums. AG will pick it up as soon as they can.

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
Old 10-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #6
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
For whatever reason, Autopia has an exclusive contract with Tuf Shine for now.... At least, that is what I've heard on the forums. AG will pick it up as soon as they can.
They confuse me. Because I know they're the same company, but they sell at different prices often and don't carry the same products. I would think that it would be far simpler to aggregate into one website. Seems like that would cut down on a lot of wasted time verifying price checks between the two.

Old 10-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #7
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Quote:
They confuse me. Because I know they're the same company, but they sell at different prices often and don't carry the same products. I would think that it would be far simpler to aggregate into one website. Seems like that would cut down on a lot of wasted time verifying price checks between the two.

IME they have almost always had the same prices, but different things go on sale at the same time, so that's why some prices are different I think.

As far as the whole two thing, maybe they were competitors and PMBG bought the competitor? Instead of making it one name, they keep it as two seperate entities.

Old 10-29-2012, 04:03 PM   #8
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Looking forward to a review of CG blacklight. My last detail I used the CG V36 and V38 but I've been wanting to try blacklight.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:33 PM   #9
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
IME they have almost always had the same prices, but different things go on sale at the same time, so that's why some prices are different I think.

As far as the whole two thing, maybe they were competitors and PMBG bought the competitor? Instead of making it one name, they keep it as two seperate entities.
Just off the top of my head, I think that pad was a dollar cheaper on autogeek. I've seen more discrepancies but that's just what I saw last night specifically.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:30 PM   #10
David79z28

Drives: 79Z28 and 2010 2SS/RS
I really like CG Blacklight and V7.

It will be interesting to see your opinion as you have used a lot more products than I have.
David79z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:55 PM   #11
Good_Times

Drives: red
Should of waited for Black Friday and Thanksgiving sales at AG. AG members already get a forum 10% off of selected items. Christmas and New Years are also big sales days at AG. Happens every year.
Good_Times is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:00 PM   #12
Good_Times

Drives: red
PBMA owner "Max" owns a lot more then AG ad ACC. http://pbma-fl.net/ . He is a very busy guy.
Good_Times is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:40 PM   #13
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
I'd like to hear what you have to say about the Menzerna 4500 - I'm still using Adam's Fine Machine polish if you need something to compare it to. Look forward to your review!
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:51 PM   #14
XCLR8

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_Times View Post
PBMA owner "Max" owns a lot more then AG ad ACC. http://pbma-fl.net/ . He is a very busy guy.
When 1 company owns so many brands. I can't help but wonder how many products are the same, just sold under different labels, with different prices?? For Example... On Chemical Guys web site they advertise for private label opportunities.. So I'm assuming a person could buy CM products under a different label, without ever knowing it??? The right person could make a fortune, if he could sell the product.. Lol he wouldn't even have to invent the chemical, just be a great salesman.. BTW i apologize about junking up the great thread.. I look forward to the reviews
XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote