Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Interior Parts & Accessories

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 03-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #155
daxavier

Drives: 2012 AGM 1SS
Does anyone have pics of the block pedals installed? I'm looking at the black anodized. Also, what's the difference between the heel to toe gas and original size gas pedal?
daxavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #156
jmart53

Drives: 2012 Cruze LTZ RS
Wow! Good thing I was looking at my interior mods to-do list and saw I needed these still. Just placed an order for (the soon to be dead) Burnt Orange Manual Trans Pedals
Old 03-24-2012, 03:30 PM   #157
hisinc

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM
Did the manufacterer give any indication as to why they won't be making the billet style ones anymore?? Also, is the surface texture the same on both?? For example is one more slippery than the other or is the grip about the same? ..Do u still have orange billet for automatic in stock? And any promo codes for Camaro5 folks

Thanks!
hisinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:00 PM   #158
southerncarparts

Drives: 2009 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisinc View Post
Did the manufacterer give any indication as to why they won't be making the billet style ones anymore?? Also, is the surface texture the same on both?? For example is one more slippery than the other or is the grip about the same? ..Do u still have orange billet for automatic in stock? And any promo codes for Camaro5 folks

Thanks!
Lots of questions! I'll try and answer them all for you.

The manufacturer was having issues with the anodizing being irregular in some of the various colors and was ultimately having to scrap portions of stock as result of this. What this meant was cost on them was getting to be too high to justify selling them without raising the price a good bit. Instead of scrapping a color component version all together, they went to the drawing board and came up with a more surefire and guaranteed production method that still incorporated a color theme. Surface texture is the same, and both grip really really well. They're great race pedals for grip and the hell-toe gas pedal extension. I am all sold out of Orange. No coupon codes for this product at this time, as it's already on sale well below any price it has been before. With cost of shipping and CC processing fees, if we discounted further we'd be losing money on them. Selling them at cost basically to clear inventory for new style pedals.

Hope this helps,
Thanks,
Matt
southerncarparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:19 PM   #159
hisinc

Thanks! Though being out of the orange is a bummer!
Old 03-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #160
Sleez

Drives: 2010, 2LT, RS, 6M, ABM (#1893) SOLD
just ordered a set of blue M6.

should have bought when they were 129!!
Sleez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:37 PM   #161
Coop

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Ohhhh I like these new ones a whole lot better. You say the burnt orange is more similar to IOM?
2010 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange Magnusson Supercharger Installed and Tuned by ADM Performance, Roto Fab CAI IOM painted, MBRP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Shifter, Clear Image Headers, Pedders coilovers, BMR Front/Rear sway bars Trailing Arms and End Links, VMax ported TB
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:58 PM   #162
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
Ohhhh I like these new ones a whole lot better. You say the burnt orange is more similar to IOM?
Much more similar to IOM, yes. It's a very deep Red-Orange tone, like the IOM paint code. I think they look great in an IOM Camaro.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 03-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #163
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
NEED the GREEN
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:01 PM   #164
hisinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxavier View Post
Does anyone have pics of the block pedals installed? I'm looking at the black anodized. Also, what's the difference between the heel to toe gas and original size gas pedal?
I actually have the same question about the difference in heel to toe vs original size??? I don't know much about racing pedals but I want them as one of my interior mods. I have an automatic (if that makes a difference in the answer).
Old 03-29-2012, 11:34 AM   #165
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisinc View Post
I actually have the same question about the difference in heel to toe vs original size??? I don't know much about racing pedals but I want them as one of my interior mods. I have an automatic (if that makes a difference in the answer).
If you look at our photos and then look at your stock pedals, you'll see that a racing designed pedal has a small extension on the left side of the gas pedal. This extension is smooth finish--not block like the rest of the pedal--to allow for easy shifting of the foot on and off of the pedal for the light touch necessary in proper heel-toe shifting--which is the act of utilizing both the brake and gas during a downshift to match the revs in one single motion, instead of two, which helps to save time and also puts less stress on your driveline in intense racing/driving situations. If you're unfamiliar with the manners of heel-toe shifting, I highly recommend checking a tutorial video out on YouTube. It's a great driving technique, and is a must know for any competitive GT style track or autocross racing.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 04-12-2012, 08:03 AM   #166
Forza
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS CGM
Hi Jim! I just placed my order, luckily I live near the Michigan border so I can ship the pedals to my US mailbox for the free-shipping.

1 x Camaro Billet Aluminum Machined Racing Pedal Set (SRPCamaroPed)
Anodizing Black and Silver Anodizing
Finish Grid Style Machined Finish
Options Automatic

Can you throw in a free shirt or something?
Forza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:24 AM   #167
KalCorp
Space Coast Camaros

Drives: 2012 Camaro Vert
Nice I see Burnt Orange in my future!
KalCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #168
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza View Post
Hi Jim! I just placed my order, luckily I live near the Michigan border so I can ship the pedals to my US mailbox for the free-shipping.

1 x Camaro Billet Aluminum Machined Racing Pedal Set (SRPCamaroPed)
Anodizing Black and Silver Anodizing
Finish Grid Style Machined Finish
Options Automatic

Can you throw in a free shirt or something?
Thanks for the order! Appreciate the business, and your pedals are going to be shipping out today!

Thanks,
Matt