Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-22-2015, 05:26 PM   #127
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
I find it funny how some talk all this crap about ricers, that crap has been going on for years, how many threw on some chrome on there stock V8 nova, or any other car the kids could afford during that day when "those"cars were all kids could afford then..

Throw on some chrome, used wheels, stickers of their favorite rock band, and they thought they were cool as well, you could say they were the pioneers of ricers. And I'm sure many of you old f*#ks were some of those kids.. How many of you dreamed of your car looking a certain way but still sported that primer POS with seats torn? But you made sure it had a jamming stereo, cool tires and a chrome air cleaner, valve covers..

Nothing has changed just the type of car these kids can afford, so give these kids some slack, it's not like they have deep pockets to be as cool as all you haters of them..

Ignorance must be bliss for some of you guys..

"I own a Camaro and I'm cooler then the kid in a ricer that's at least having fun with what he can afford "

Some kids are born into money, but most have to scrounge penny's to have a little fun, if anything they are just as much as a car enthusiast as you guys..

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 05:30 PM   #128
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
Oh geez a Pinto. I would have just driven that thing off a cliff and saved for that first Camaro.

It blew the doors off of most stock Camaro's.
Had I driven it off a cliff, I would not have been able to get to my high school after school job to save up the money that I did to buy the Camaro that I did after that.

I actually keep an eye open for Pinto's on Craig's List... Will add one to the collection again one day, just for the heck of it. One can never have too many cars.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 05:31 PM   #129
Tricksta

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
I find it funny how some talk all this crap about ricers, that crap has been going on for years, how many threw on some chrome on there stock V8 nova, or any other car the kids could afford during that day when "those"cars were all kids could afford then..

Throw on some chrome, used wheels, stickers of their favorite rock band, and they thought they were cool as well, you could say they were the pioneers of ricers. And I'm sure many of you old f*#ks were some of those kids.. How many of you dreamed of your car looking a certain way but still sported that primer POS with seats torn? But you made sure it had a jamming stereo, cool tires and a chrome air cleaner, valve covers..

Nothing has changed just the type of car these kids can afford, so give these kids some slack, it's not like they have deep pockets to be as cool as all you haters of them..

"I own a Camaro and I'm cooler then the kid in a ricer that's at least having fun with what he can afford "

Some kids are born into money, but most have to scrounge penny's to have a little fun, if anything they are just as much as a car enthusiast as you guys..

Well said.
Old 03-22-2015, 05:40 PM   #130
The Black Knight
2013 Black LFX

Drives: '13 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickwithaustin View Post
It blew the doors off of most stock Camaro's.
Had I driven it off a cliff, I would not have been able to get to my high school after school job to save up the money that I did to buy the Camaro that I did after that.

I actually keep an eye open for Pinto's on Craig's List... Will add one to the collection again one day, just for the heck of it. One can never have too many cars.
To each their own man. I guess someone's gotta like Pintos. Just too ugly for me. Pacer is the worst though.

Mods: Flowmaster Series 10's axle back, Black ZL1 20X9 wheels(from Factory Reproductions), K&N Typhoon cold air intake, 20% window tint(all sides & back), gun metal hash marks, black outs for Camaro and Chevy badges, Vitesse Throttle Controller

The Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 05:48 PM   #131
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
I think this goes here:

T'was a night in mid May and caught at the light,

I spied a domestic V8- with no cops in sight.

Should I try, should I dare with my much smaller motor,

try to beat that Camaro- even with that big blower?

As the light turned to green, I pulled like no joke

Camaro erupted in clouds of tire smoke.

On Smasher, on Rev-ver, on Stroker, on Blitzen!

(These are the names of my four VTEC pistons.)

Racing ahead I’m the star of the action-

but I know I’m in trouble when Camaro gets traction.

Grabbing second, I hear the RPMs sing

My mirror is blocking my shopping cart wing…

I now hear the roar of the big monster gaining,

And try in vain to keep my four bangers straining.

In a second the shock wave hits with a blast

and my stickers go flying, now a thing of the past.

Don’t bother with third, cause now it’s too late

So I try to act cool like I can relate.

As I watched the taillights get smaller and smaller,

The driver backed off to give me a holler-

“You can’t win them all,” he said with a smile,

“Camaro clocks under 12 on the quarter mile.”

When you decide to retire

From dealing cars till you'r tired

Call me , and I will signed you to write a satire
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 06:31 PM   #132
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post

That's exactly how I feel about it too. I feel sort of sorry for "ricers".. they are just poor kids trying to have fun with a car. It's all they can afford and they are no different than poor kids from 30 years ago.. except their only choices are imported economy cars. Yes, they do some silly stuff like the big wings and stupid ill fitting wheels, but what else can you do to a rusted out, beat up Honda?
Old 03-22-2015, 06:49 PM   #133
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Not all of them are poor and not all of them are very young. Maybe it's what they like a small little cheap car that they can have fun with, with the money they have. Yes most look pretty ugly but some do look nice, could be for show or could have some serious power under there. To me it's not my cup of tea and don't like that brand but I'm not going to say that all look like crap. To them that's what they like, it fits their style of fun and some may want some muscle down the road but for now this is a good chance to start learning how to work on a car. To each their own, enjoy what you love.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:03 PM   #134
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Unfortunately some of them spend all their money for stupid fiberglass body kits then spray paint them with Krylon that lasts about 6 months. Then they put ridiculous wheels and tires on and lower them where they can't even cross a speed bump without slowing to a crawl. I have seen so many where the body kits are cracked and barely hanging on, or taped on with Duct Tape. Its just funny. Sad but funny.
Attached Images

Old 03-22-2015, 07:49 PM   #135
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace0751 View Post
Not all of them are poor and not all of them are very young. Maybe it's what they like a small little cheap car that they can have fun with, with the money they have. Yes most look pretty ugly but some do look nice, could be for show or could have some serious power under there. To me it's not my cup of tea and don't like that brand but I'm not going to say that all look like crap. To them that's what they like, it fits their style of fun and some may want some muscle down the road but for now this is a good chance to start learning how to work on a car. To each their own, enjoy what you love.
I did say not all were poor, and you are right, not all are young, but there are many adults that can't afford to put money into a beater let alone a having a new car..

I do agree that some look really nice, some kids living at home, and have a job can make a lot happen to a car..

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote