Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 04:16 PM   #71
idealer

Drives: 2015 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC
V6 is way better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrocker1958 View Post
Only in your wallet....

Old 01-09-2016, 07:02 PM   #72
1Canuck

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrocker1958 View Post
Only in your wallet....
you are correct. when I purchased mine new for cash I wish I could have afforded a V8. wait? I could have! so piss off with the wallet thing.

drive what you want on weekends or DD but do not assume.
Old 01-09-2016, 11:56 PM   #73
mikedog_66
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Camaro
According to the DIC, I averaged just over 23-24 mpg in light city driving the other day. So, I'm a happy camper!
Old 01-10-2016, 12:34 PM   #74
BlueN20Camaro
Banned

Drives: 1LE LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedog_66 View Post
According to the DIC, I averaged just over 23-24 mpg in light city driving the other day. So, I'm a happy camper!
Hate me for it, I don't really care it's the elephant in the room. It's really simple, you got the V6 because you flat out couldn't afford the V8. IT IS THAT SIMPLE. Yes THERE IS an exception, maybe 3 guys in the world bought a V6 but hey we need sheep in this world, we can't all be wolfs. Stop with the stupid "I get better gas mileage" point. My girlfriend has a faster car. Stop with the "my V8 is a man's choice" it's not that at all. Some have the funds some don't. I was in most V6 guys position making enough to get the V6 it's nice car, really is. BUT it's not a muscle car. It's not fast. "But I can turbo it for 8K and rape V8!" Show me 1 guy on this page with a 10 second pass. I'd be amazed if the engine lasted LONG ENOUGH FOR A SECOND PASS. Shut up drive what you have, when you can afford it make the V8 jump. Trust me if I could afford a Z/28 I'd have one. The truth is I couldn't,the truth is most can't afford the V8.same and many butt hurt V6 can't afford the V8. I see the same hate for a ZL1 guys always say "add a supercharger to a SS AND ITS BETTER" it's not. A camaro was meant for 8 cylinders, the lower trim was meant for non-8 cylinders. Simple get over it. Now let's get to the real point. Do catch cans work? Trust me sometimes just because you own a V8 doesn't mean you're more of a man. I swear I see post of guys saying "my new CAI breaks the tires loose!" Daily.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:44 PM   #75
1Canuck

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueN20Camaro View Post
Hate me for it, Do catch cans work?
hell yes! 15-30% success rate according to Elite on another thread.
BTW, I cannot afford a Tesla.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:47 PM   #76
BlueN20Camaro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Canuck View Post
hell yes! 15-30% success rate according to Elite on another thread.
BTW, I cannot afford a Tesla.
I'm not a big fan of Tesla but I like the tech in them. I can't afford the Hellion kit YET but with a few more months of Ramon noodles I'll get it.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:49 PM   #77
The Black Knight
2013 Black LFX

Drives: '13 1LS
Quote:
Hate me for it, I don't really care it's the elephant in the room. It's really simple, you got the V6 because you flat out couldn't afford the V8. IT IS THAT SIMPLE. Yes THERE IS an exception, maybe 3 guys in the world bought a V6 but hey we need sheep in this world, we can't all be wolfs. Stop with the stupid "I get better gas mileage" point. My girlfriend has a faster car. Stop with the "my V8 is a man's choice" it's not that at all. Some have the funds some don't. I was in most V6 guys position making enough to get the V6 it's nice car, really is. BUT it's not a muscle car. It's not fast. "But I can turbo it for 8K and rape V8!" Show me 1 guy on this page with a 10 second pass. I'd be amazed if the engine lasted LONG ENOUGH FOR A SECOND PASS. Shut up drive what you have, when you can afford it make the V8 jump. Trust me if I could afford a Z/28 I'd have one. The truth is I couldn't,the truth is most can't afford the V8.same and many butt hurt V6 can't afford the V8. I see the same hate for a ZL1 guys always say "add a supercharger to a SS AND ITS BETTER" it's not. A camaro was meant for 8 cylinders, the lower trim was meant for non-8 cylinders. Simple get over it. Now let's get to the real point. Do catch cans work? Trust me sometimes just because you own a V8 doesn't mean you're more of a man. I swear I see post of guys saying "my new CAI breaks the tires loose!" Daily.
I guess I must have been one of those guys that could afford a V8, yet chose the V6.

I'll tell you why and this will sting a bit for you V8 guys. I wanted a Camaro that looked nice but couldn't care less about the performance of the engines. The V8 wasn't that impressive to me.

Reason it wasn't impressive to me?? I ride a 2003 GSX-R1000(with minor mods) and I road race with it. My bike isn't even legal for the street, it's track use only.

So why would a buy a V8 car that can't even hold the jock of my race bike?? Let's be honest, there aren't very many cars that can. I'm not talkin in a straight line either, any idiot can go in a straight line. It's point and shoot racing. I'm talking about lap after lap of consistent lap times.

For guys like myself that aren't impressed with four wheeled performance, we like the look of the car but really couldn't care less about how fast it is.

You V8 guys make me laugh when you tell V6 guys to go try out and try a V8 and feel what real power is. Why don't you V8 guys grow a set and throw your leg over a 1000cc Superbike and actually see what real performance looks and feels like. And I mean, actually take it for a proper ride around a road course, and see just how good you really are.

So yes, many of us V6 owners bought our cars for the looks, the economy and the enjoyment of driving a modern Camaro. I love the look of the new Camaros. To me, it's a very classy looking car. Very modern and sleek, yet still harkens back to the muscle car era of old. It bridges the gap in the sands of time between the cars the older generations grew up with and now the current generation is getting to enjoy.

Mods: Flowmaster Series 10's axle back, Black ZL1 20X9 wheels(from Factory Reproductions), K&N Typhoon cold air intake, 20% window tint(all sides & back), gun metal hash marks, black outs for Camaro and Chevy badges, Vitesse Throttle Controller

Old 01-10-2016, 02:20 PM   #78
BlueN20Camaro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
I guess I must have been one of those guys that could afford a V8, yet chose the V6.

I'll tell you why and this will sting a bit for you V8 guys. I wanted a Camaro that looked nice but couldn't care less about the performance of the engines. The V8 wasn't that impressive to me.

Reason it wasn't impressive to me?? I ride a 2003 GSX-R1000(with minor mods) and I road race with it. My bike isn't even legal for the street, it's track use only.

So why would a buy a V8 car that can't even hold the jock of my race bike?? Let's be honest, there aren't very many cars that can. I'm not talkin in a straight line either, any idiot can go in a straight line. It's point and shoot racing. I'm talking about lap after lap of consistent lap times.

For guys like myself that aren't impressed with four wheeled performance, we like the look of the car but really couldn't care less about how fast it is.

You V8 guys make me laugh when you tell V6 guys to go try out and try a V8 and feel what real power is. Why don't you V8 guys grow a set and throw your leg over a 1000cc Superbike and actually see what real performance looks and feels like. And I mean, actually take it for a proper ride around a road course, and see just how good you really are.

So yes, many of us V6 owners bought our cars for the looks, the economy and the enjoyment of driving a modern Camaro. I love the look of the new Camaros. To me, it's a very classy looking car. Very modern and sleek, yet still harkens back to the muscle car era of old. It bridges the gap in the sands of time between the cars the older generations grew up with and now the current generation is getting to enjoy.
A.) Bikes get you killed quick.
B.) For a man who claims he wanted a V6 you do seem very upset...kinda like you can relate to my point. No need to justify your purchase. That's why they sell lower trims of cars. I'm sure you bought a throttle controller for the looks too right ? But hey you enjoy the bike, I'll enjoy my V8....until a Z/28 is up for sale...
Old 01-10-2016, 03:02 PM   #79
idealer

Drives: 2015 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Hate me for it, I don't really care it's the elephant in the room. It's really simple, you got the V6 because you flat out couldn't afford the V8. IT IS THAT SIMPLE. Yes THERE IS an exception, maybe 3 guys in the world bought a V6 but hey we need sheep in this world, we can't all be wolfs. Stop with the stupid "
I have enjoyed reading all this plus it gives me a reason to remain in the forum since I am not particularly into mods. Basically my car was done the day I bought it but just had to add the NPP thing so here I am. Anyway, I do not know where you get your maths from and since I do not particularly understand your trim level or the year of your car, I am going to make a blanket statement. For 2014 and 2015 a V6 2LT Convertible has always cost more than the lowest trim V8.

http://www.cars.com/go/compare/trimC...,USC50CHC021E0
Just needed to point that out to you because there are more than 3 guys with V6 convertibles in this forum. Keep the babbling though, it is a nice read. And by the way I get your signature. Insulting to some but actually funny if you think of it. Just wondering if the ZL1 will sign "SS Delete". I know if I HAD TO HAVE a V8, I would have gotten one but I didn't and I say this as a guy who traveled 560 extra miles and paid an additional $2000 just to get the color bike he wanted when he could have had the same bike brand spanking new for $2000 less 55 miles away from home. My point; some people are just go getters and there are some of us that just get what we want, it is all in the mind. Since you did not ask, I am going to tell you anyway, I am just in that kind of mood now. The bike in my signature is a 6 cylinder and since I already have an 8 Cylinder Infinity, I really wished my V6 Camaro was a 4 cylinder so that I can really say I got what I wanted but I was not patient enough.
Old 01-10-2016, 03:20 PM   #80
Jasper

Drives: 2011 Summit White Camaro SS (LS3)
Fun reading all of this. The OP was asking what the differences feel like and it turns into a pissing match within three posts. I've driven both and beyond the obvious power differences and feel of the engine, I found braking and handling better in the SS. So if you don't care about giving up power, handling, braking then get the V6. OR get the V6 and do some upgrades in the handling and braking dept.

J
Old 01-10-2016, 05:49 PM   #81
The Black Knight
2013 Black LFX

Drives: '13 1LS
Quote:
B.) For a man who claims he wanted a V6 you do seem very upset...kinda like you can relate to my point. No need to justify your purchase. That's why they sell lower trims of cars. I'm sure you bought a throttle controller for the looks too right ? But hey you enjoy the bike, I'll enjoy my V8....until a Z/28 is up for sale...

Really?? Been riding close to 15 years and can tell you they're perfectly safe if you know how to actually ride. Also having the proper gear is worth its weight in gold. My race suit, helmet, boots, gloves, back and chest protector all together cost more than my bike did(bike purchased used back in 2013). I've had two big crashes in my time riding on asphalt and can tell you my time spent on dirt was way more dangerous. I can count on one hand the times I've been down on asphalt. I couldn't begin to tell you how many times I've gone down riding a dirt bike. However, after all the crashes I'm still alive and kicking and getting faster each time I'm on track.

FWIW, I've only known one person seriously injured while riding on the street. It was due to his own fault and riding a wheelie into oncoming traffic. I've only known of two people who've died while on a race track. Both of them were instances that were beyond their control. Bikes have the propensity to be more dangerous, but only if you ride beyond your limits or recklessly.

B.) V6 owner upset, etc, etc....

Actually, I'm not upset in the least. Merely, pointing out that not everyone who buys a V6 does it because they can't afford the V8. Also that not everyone who buys a V6 harbors a super duper secret admiration and yearning to be in the V8 elite.

There are actually those that buy the V6 because they loved the look of the car but didn't care about what engine was under the hood. There are those that do care about fuel mileage. There are some that care about the less expensive insurance the V6 brings. There are people who buy the V6 for a host of reasons.

Honestly, purchased the throttle controller because of all the good reviews it was getting. So many positive reports from people was a big reason for me giving the throttle controller a go. FWIW, it did wake the car up in terms of better throttle response and control.

Mods: Flowmaster Series 10's axle back, Black ZL1 20X9 wheels(from Factory Reproductions), K&N Typhoon cold air intake, 20% window tint(all sides & back), gun metal hash marks, black outs for Camaro and Chevy badges, Vitesse Throttle Controller

Old 01-10-2016, 09:11 PM   #82
BlueN20Camaro
Banned

Quote:

Really?? Been riding close to 15 years and can tell you they're perfectly safe if you know how to actually ride. Also having the proper gear is worth its weight in gold. My race suit, helmet, boots, gloves, back and chest protector all together cost more than my bike did(bike purchased used back in 2013). I've had two big crashes in my time riding on asphalt and can tell you my time spent on dirt was way more dangerous. I can count on one hand the times I've been down on asphalt. I couldn't begin to tell you how many times I've gone down riding a dirt bike. However, after all the crashes I'm still alive and kicking and getting faster each time I'm on track.

FWIW, I've only known one person seriously injured while riding on the street. It was due to his own fault and riding a wheelie into oncoming traffic. I've only known of two people who've died while on a race track. Both of them were instances that were beyond their control. Bikes have the propensity to be more dangerous, but only if you ride beyond your limits or recklessly.

Actually, I'm not upset in the least. Merely, pointing out that not everyone who buys a V6 does it because they can't afford the V8. Also that not everyone who buys a V6 harbors a super duper secret admiration and yearning to be in the V8 elite.

There are actually those that buy the V6 because they loved the look of the car but didn't care about what engine was under the hood. There are those that do care about fuel mileage. There are some that care about the less expensive insurance the V6 brings. There are people who buy the V6 for a host of reasons.

Honestly, purchased the throttle controller because of all the good reviews it was getting. So many positive reports from people was a big reason for me giving the throttle controller a go. FWIW, it did wake the car up in terms of better throttle response and control.
You seem very upset now.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:00 PM   #83
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:

Say you just got off the off ramp, and you reach a stop light. On your bike, just waiting for the green light. When suddenly a 40 something yo woman rear ends you at 80 MPH, it doesn't matter what kind of safety gear you have on, your dead! Yeah, bikes get you killed quicker. Just saying!
Old 01-10-2016, 11:23 PM   #84
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeperRS View Post
Say you just got off the off ramp, and you reach a stop light. On your bike, just waiting for the green light. When suddenly a 40 something yo woman rear ends you at 80 MPH, it doesn't matter what kind of safety gear you have on, your dead! Yeah, bikes get you killed quicker. Just saying!
You dont get this reaction from a bike....well at least you dont see it Check out the reaction of the girl in the car starting at 13 min 25 second mark of this vid......i need a 800 hp ctsv pronto....

Closed Thread