Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 05-26-2011, 05:25 PM   #15
sangerbanger58

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 1LT/RS
its good to know that if one of my friend piss me off there going to ride in the trunk lol
Old 05-26-2011, 07:10 PM   #16
rjtssvert

Drives: 2011 2ss rs convertible
The engineers need to leave the top down a couple hours or so and then put it back up and look above the door glass on both sides and see the two poke marks, and try to figure out what is pressing up agaist the top while it is in the down position. Mine are pretty bad right after I put the top up, but seem to get a little better after a while, but are permanantly there. I will be taking it in to the dealer next week to get it documented.
rjtssvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:18 PM   #17
cj7ngolf

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Convert
My statement was due to the fact tgat we have several members with bad leaks on their verts, if all had been tested they would not have wet floors.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:55 PM   #18
jmm30534
Jim's Red Jewel

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS RJT Convertible
I wonder why there is an advisory not to lower the top in freezing temperatures. Maybe in all their testing they found a problem.
jmm30534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:22 PM   #19
cj7ngolf

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Convert
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm30534 View Post
I wonder why there is an advisory not to lower the top in freezing temperatures. Maybe in all their testing they found a problem.
Hard to drive with hypothermia!

I believe there is a temp cut out on the system. Frozen fabric might not fold well though.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:59 PM   #20
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
That's good news. Although the person inspecting after the water test has to be very thorough. My coupe must have been pulled for the hurricane test. It arrived at the dealer with a reverse light totally full of water lol. Bumper had to be pulled and light replaced on day 1. Wasn't a very happy camper since every GM car i have ever owned has had leaky lights. :(

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:36 PM   #21
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Did we just discover the true identity of Shunt??? lol

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:47 PM   #22
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:29 PM   #23
modawg2k

Drives: Topless 2SS/RS IOM
I thank my lucky stars that I have had no roof leaking issues or wear marks! Although, I must say, I laughed with the dude getting into the trunk because lord knows there isn't much to work with back there.
modawg2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:35 PM   #24
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:
There is probably an advisory because some people lack this thing called common sense.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:44 PM   #25
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
On these 80 test cars putting the top up and down five times a day is great and all, but they must have driven then in the Michigan winter. Meaning after putting the top up and down 5 times they left it up to drive in or else they would have noticed the wear marks

Last edited by SUX2BU; 05-26-2011 at 11:54 PM.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:45 PM   #26
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
NDIANAPOLIS – When the Chevrolet Camaro Convertible sets the pace for the 2011 Indianapolis 500 this Sunday, it will showcase a top built to last a lifetime, operate worry-free and maintain the appearance of its Coupe sibling. ...
Becky, thanks for posting. Awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj7ngolf View Post
Hard to drive with hypothermia!

I believe there is a temp cut out on the system. Frozen fabric might not fold well though.
Yes, you could put the top down below 32 degrees, but do you really want to freeze??

Quote:
Water will expand when it freezes in the cloth - the hard, frozen ice that forms between the fibers, especially when folded, will push apart and destroy the fabric and integrity of the top more quickly than time, heat/cold, pressure, sunlight, etc. will by themselves. So I can see why GM/Chevy would engineer in a switch to have the top not be lowered when temps are near or below freezing. Thoughtful engineering to help our verts last longer, if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
I sure hope you've taken your car to your dealer. As stated in the video, any water is unacceptable to GM and should be unaccetable for you too.

What aren't you believing? The rigorous testing is no joke in fact the video really understates it in my opinion.

And Oshawa works hard to build a high quality product and puts every car through the UWTB as shown in the video.

That being said, a convertible is a pretty complex thing to seal and it does give more of an opportunity to leak. If yours does, take it to the dealer and get it fixed. You shouldn't have to cover your car in the rain.
Number 3, thanks for posting here. What you say makes perfect sense - I teach for a software engineering firm, and even there we don't anticipate all the things that might happen when products are used in the real world. Keeping water out of a convertible in the first model year must be a challenge indeed! I appreciate your giving us further insight into the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
On these 80 test cars porting the top up and down five times a day is great and all, but they must have driven then in the Michigan winter. Meaning after putting the top up and down 5 times they left it up to drive in or else they would have noticed the wear marks
Interesting! That could explain it. Maybe the problem happened because of an adjustment or change that was made after the test car run - or because of a problem that was found on the test car run and "resolved"!! Kill one problem and more come to the funeral.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:06 AM   #27
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
WE FOUND SHUNT!
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:04 AM   #28
blackjackcamaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro black 1SS
"And we're better than the Mustang"... I love it
blackjackcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote