Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-31-2011, 05:38 PM   #1
orosa_83

Drives: Summit White/Black 2LT RS
Question Any tips Eibach Pro-Kit

My Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs arrived at my front door today. I am off Friday and I am planning to do it myself.

You guys have any pointers, tips, tutorials, pictures ...

Thanks guys.
orosa_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:59 PM   #2
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
I agree with ohio..go for the sways while you are at it and then you will need an alignment... they are relatively cheap and that is where I really noticed an elimination of body roll.
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:54 PM   #3
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by orosa_83 View Post
My Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs arrived at my front door today. I am off Friday and I am planning to do it myself.

Thanks guys.
Yeah! their brand sucks, return it and buy another brand, trust me.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:07 PM   #4
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
Yeah! their brand sucks, return it and buy another brand, trust me.
personally I'd like to know where your opinion is coming from. Your post makes a pretty harsh statement and you don't have any explanation as to why. Just my .02
Old 10-31-2011, 11:17 PM   #5
gogadgetarms2
-Casey

Drives: '10 2SS/RS Black on Black
Quote:

Thanks guys.
I have the Eibach kit. I really dig it...

I had never done springs, but I am fairly mechanically inclined. Didn't really have any issues doing it. I remember it taking about 3-4 hours, almost all by myself with air tools. I may have taken a couple breaks because I was thirsty... But definitively worth doing yourself unless you have more money than time.

I put mine on myself after reading the outstanding DIY on this site: http://www.planetlsx.com/tech/How_To...010_Camaro/131

It was also posted on this site somewhere I just have the actual location bookmarked.

Make sure you look at the tool list: 24mm is a big ass socket (that I didn't have and had to "phone a friend" to bail me out). Don't cut the bump stops for the Eibach kit.

My only learning point that isn't in this write up: when you go to take your car off the jack stands it will be lower than when you put it up. You may not be able to use the same lift points...yeah I felt like a dumbass.

Also, I did the sway bars. Not necessary to do them at the same time. Only would save you about half an hour (wheels on/off mostly) and you would have to get it aligned again.

Good luck!!!

Last edited by gogadgetarms2; 10-31-2011 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Revision
gogadgetarms2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:29 PM   #6
L99CAMA2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
personally I'd like to know where your opinion is coming from. Your post makes a pretty harsh statement and you don't have any explanation as to why. Just my .02
My .02 cents is based on the fact that I had those sway bars on my car and after a few thousand miles of aggressive driving the brackets that hold the bars to the chassis bent out of shape and lost firmness after like 6000 miles. From my months of research and questioning, I'd say go Pedders or Pfadt, Hotchkis also makes a great sway bar and endlink combo.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:10 AM   #7
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Eibach springs/sways on my Camaro with no issues in over 25,000 miles...I just finished autocrossing at Super Chevy this weekend and was right there with the guys who have full Hotchkis track packs. Eibach isn't on this board cheerleading their products, but they work. Unless you're buying coilovers, they all are pretty similar in my opinion..
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2011, 05:21 AM   #8
FEN

Drives: BLACK 2SS/RS
Have had the Eibach Pro Spring kit installed for two years now with no issues. Good ride quality.
Eibach 1" Pro Spring Kit
Factory GFX
MPD1 spoiler
painted bowties
15% tint
FEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:37 AM   #9
orosa_83

Thank you all for you feedback and thanks gogadgetarms2 for the DIY, I will be ussing it.

I also just got my wheels and tires, so I don't really have money to spend on the sways (at least not right now.) I know is a good buy, so I may do them later on. Right now I am just focusing on getting it to look right with the 22s.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:19 PM   #10
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
My .02 cents is based on the fact that I had those sway bars on my car and after a few thousand miles of aggressive driving the brackets that hold the bars to the chassis bent out of shape and lost firmness after like 6000 miles. From my months of research and questioning, I'd say go Pedders or Pfadt, Hotchkis also makes a great sway bar and endlink combo.
Your in the minority and a rare case that happens with every single provider... top tier brands like pfadt, hotchkis, pedders have all had that one bad batch and generally will replace without charge.. they are warrantied for generally a year. Don't think their sways have been out for a year..and the fact that you have an 11 means you haven't that car for more than 16 months... so wouldn't you fall within that time frame? if you have an issue I would have contacted the vendor and chances are you would have had all the replaced without charge.

So Cal auto-crosses his and I have also had no issues with aggressive driving... ever wonder if it was the install?
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:04 AM   #11
L99CAMA2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
Your in the minority and a rare case that happens with every single provider... top tier brands like pfadt, hotchkis, pedders have all had that one bad batch and generally will replace without charge.. they are warrantied for generally a year. Don't think their sways have been out for a year..and the fact that you have an 11 means you haven't that car for more than 16 months... so wouldn't you fall within that time frame? if you have an issue I would have contacted the vendor and chances are you would have had all the replaced without charge.

So Cal auto-crosses his and I have also had no issues with aggressive driving... ever wonder if it was the install?
I didn't notice the issue until an installer pointed it to me, it isn't reconizable from just driving you would have to get under the car and look at the back brackets to see the upward droop, besides auto crossing would rarely see hard cornering at 60 mph and up. If you look at other brackets made to hold the sway bars to the chassis, you will see some kind of ridge like the stock ones, Hotchkis has billet brackets as an upgrade and their stock ones have ridges as well for reinforcements to prevent drooping where as the Eibach brand don't , this is why they fail prematurely. Look at BMR rear drag bar, see those brackets look at how durable there are. Contacting the vendor is useless in this case since Eibach swaybar brackets are weak and would only fail again that's why I switched to another brand and has no issues till this day with the same mileage and abuse.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:20 AM   #12
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:

Thanks guys.
Yes sir. The best parts money can buy won't function to specification if the details are not dead nuts on. Time your bushes and get a tight spec alignment.

Bush Timing

Step 1. Pull the car up on a drive up lift.

Step 2. Loosen the following bolts/nuts:
Front:
---Inner Control Arm Bushing
---Inner Radius Rod
Rear:
---Trailing Arm Bushings (both ends)
---Toe Rod Bushings (both ends)
---Lower Control Arm Bushings (Inner)
---Upper Control Arm Bushings (Rearward)
---Lower Strut Bushings

Step 3.
Grab the subframes or sway bars, and jounce the car up and down a few times.

Step 4.
Tighten all of the nuts/bolts to spec.

Step 5.
Align the car at the new ride height.

Alignment

PDF Downloads

Pedders Camaro/G8 Bushing Timing Tech Sheet

Pedders Camaro/G8 Alignment Tech Sheet
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:03 PM   #13
orosa_83

Just threw my 22'' on, I got to say they look great. In addition to the gap which is not really that bad (or not as bad as I thought it would be) it feels like I am driving a dunk. I didn't think I would be able to tell the difference, but I can't wait to install my suspention.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:42 PM   #14
orosa_83

Thanks to all for your help... after 3 hours and some change got it done. The car looks great and feels awesome.