Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 03:04 PM   #43
Hollywod
Hollywood

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
No use in worrying about it. I am sure if GM knows of any faulty cars already produced they will inform the owner. That is what recalls are for. Whether you break it or it gets recalled, dealers will handle it. Just enjoy your cars!

Black 2010 2SS Ordered 5/16/09
1100-Preliminary order accepted 5/18/09
3000-Order Accepted by Production Control 05/27/09
3300-Order scheduled for production 06/16/09 - TPW 06/29/09
3400-Order broadcast 6/20/09
3800-Order Produced 6/30/09 - VIN # 123221
4200-Shipped 7/2/09
5000-Delivered to the dealer 7/6/09
Old 07-21-2009, 04:49 PM   #44
Ltdodge

Drives: 2008 Z06
sl let me see now i can run the car hard.....unless onstar did something to my car's computer nothing has changed on my car and i can still kill the tranny
Old 07-21-2009, 04:55 PM   #45
JDBeck23

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verio View Post
I think GM's only responsibility is to sell you a damn car and warranty the repairs for 3 years/36k miles or 5years/100k.

Quit acting like you're OWED something from a car manufacturer.
Im not acting like im OWED something, I bought a car that potentially has a problem that GM is acknowledging. Im simply saying that since I bought a "damn" car, that I deserve to have the piece of mind that my car isnt affected by a manufacturing problem.

Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
Old 07-21-2009, 05:17 PM   #46
BadSS

Drives: 08 GMC
I heard the fix was to re-program the ECM to prevent the engine from going over 3000 RPM. So, dump the clutch all you want but you'll have to do it at 3000 or less and viola, no more broken parts.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:33 PM   #47
McGruff

Drives: 98 Saturn
Quote:
Then don't buy one?
I own one already and would like to know if my transmission is going to break on me while driving. I guess when your cars break down you just skip away from the scene saying "Oh well! La la la la la..."

Quote:
I'm not going to expect a company to release trade secrets or manufactuering problems to a consumer just because they DEMAND it. If they don't like that answer, they can find a different vehicle.
It's very reasonable for GM to release the VIN range of the cars with bad transmissions so they can safely get their cars fixed instead of leaving people stranded or causing an accident.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:39 PM   #48
JDBeck23

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGruff View Post
I own one already and would like to know if my transmission is going to break on me while driving. I guess when your cars break down you just skip away from the scene saying "Oh well! La la la la la..."

It's very reasonable for GM to release the VIN range of the cars with bad transmissions so they can safely get their cars fixed instead of leaving people stranded or causing an accident.

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
Old 07-21-2009, 06:46 PM   #49
69er

Drives: 69 Z/28 , 83 Z/28 (L69), 10 2SS CGM
OK, this isn't making sense to me. If it was fixed, what was the fix? Since I haven't tried the launch control, I don't know if mine will break. To say it's "fixed" doesn't mean a damn to the owners of earlier cars. GM can't say those cars are "fixed"
Old 07-21-2009, 07:26 PM   #50
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
And GM has shown us that they can? Yep, they sure can...... Last I checked, I wasn't filing chapter 11.

The rules have changed. No more business as usual.

Untill Fritz the Ditz is out, it will be business as usual - I have absolutely no faith in him after the stunt he pulled with Lutz over the G8.
First, GM filed for Chapter 11 for the same reason a good chunk of America has, the global economy and financial meltdow. GM had a plan that was well underway that did about everything the bankruptcy did. Level set wages, eliminate the health care burden, reduced dealers and brands. But you probably weren't paying attention 2 years ago. And the difference between GM and Ford? They lined up financing outside of bankruptcy. They've borrowed dollar for dollar with GM.

And Mr. Lutz being reminded in the press that there is a product plan in place and lets stick to it isn't a stunt.

Lots behind the scenes you don't get to know about.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:51 PM   #51
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
And GM has shown us that they can? Yep, they sure can...... Last I checked, I wasn't filing chapter 11.

The rules have changed. No more business as usual.

Untill Fritz the Ditz is out, it will be business as usual - I have absolutely no faith in him after the stunt he pulled with Lutz over the G8.

sllllllllloooooowwwww down.

Unless you were in the meeting about the G8, don't assume you know the whole story.

You mentioned that YOU own GM -- well -- YOU -- (The Government) is basically responsible for why the Caprice is not probably going to be a reality.

CAFE standards. 35mpg by 2016........

Civic does not get 35mpg
Corolla does not get 35mpg
Aveo does not get 35 mpg

(Cobalt XFE gets OVER 35mpg...)

......so how does the industry hit that number??????

Mebbe Fritz isn't a ditz.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:53 PM   #52
C5RocksC5
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro King View Post
This is true! the problem was the input shaft blowing apart!
They will start shiping SS's again on aug.1 09...
They never did stop building!
Just put a hold on them.

another bad informaton.

FYI. GM has been shipping SS MN6 cars. There was only a temporary hold in shipping them out. Many SS MN6 cars that were built last week already shipped.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:55 PM   #53
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGruff View Post

Let me ask you a question: Are you one of those people who stand in front of a microwave oven and yell

HURRY UP!!!

??????????

I've said this in other posts and I'm gonna say it again -- WE WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON WHEN WE GET ALL OF THE FACTS TOGETHER.....

You DO realize that it's been a short time since the problem surfaced, right?

We are working around the clock to get ACCURATE INFORMATION -- and we are NOT going to put BAD information out there.....

So how 'bout calming down and stopping the rhetoric. (that goes for several people....)

VIN lists will be out shortly.

I'm sorry if I come across as a bit irritated -- but people need to understand that the team has been working around the clock with the supplier to find root-cause - develop an action plan to repair -- and to determine the population of vehicles that have this issue.......

Let me repeat:

VIN lists will be out shortly!

(.....and the team moved heaven and earth to do it-- because it's the right thing to do......)
Old 07-21-2009, 11:23 PM   #54
LS 1st gen
Kept the Faith.

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS
Send a message via AIM to LS 1st gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

VIN lists will be out shortly.

Let me repeat:

(.....and the team moved heaven and earth to do it-- because it's the right thing to do......)

Praise all that is holy on Earth and Mars

Many thanks to you and the Camaro team Scott.

You know what they say about Faith...
Old 07-21-2009, 11:24 PM   #55
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

I think that's all people were hoping for. Other posters said we had no reason to need this information and that it was some sort of "trade secret" like the GM spokesperson stated. I think you guys might want to let him know that you are planning on releasing more detailed info before he goes off and tells the rest of the automotive press that it's some sort of secret. People, including the person you quoted, were just responding to them stating that we feel like we should be able to know which ones are potentially affected without having to find out the hard way. Not that we need to know NOW but sometime in the not too distant future. Thanks! Rest assured that knowing this information is MUCH appreciated.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:36 PM   #56
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Well the 2012 LHZ Camaro should do the trick (put the volt powertrain in it...).

Closed Thread