Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 03-21-2010, 09:32 AM   #29
bkservice1
BK SERVICE1

Drives: 2010 aqua blue rally stripes
Well he was just doing his job nomatter how crappy it is.
bkservice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:03 PM   #30
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_rod View Post
>>front plate ticket is $100+ dollars

Ouch !

If your not runing the front plate, how is it working for ya like ? City police vs Highway Patrol, any "trend" ?

I'm rarely outside the city limits and not planning on running the front plate. I'm thinking I can get away with it in town, heck I rarely even see any city cops.
Well I lived in Killeen TX for 4 years.. I never ran front plate on front of my car. I suction cupped it to the front windshield passenger side top. I never had a problem with a cop and I have been pulled over. All my friends in the car clubs we all ran it like that.
Im now in NY with front plate suction cup to top of passenger side windshield and so far every cop has been fine with it.
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:05 PM   #31
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIE FIGHTR View Post
Thanks Russ but there is no fine if I remove the tints and show the judge. The other two were only warnings.
with in reasonable time.. u can remove tints and reinstall..
so maybe remove that day go there dismiss ticket then put back on..
and next time wash ur car more often and dont give the cop a hard time.. He probably pulled u over for the over 80 but desided to be nice and give non moving violation tickets..

Put front plate up wedge in front windshield so atleast visable in front. they get suction cups to mount it high..
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:13 AM   #32
CLEAN

Drives: '19 Stingray '22 MB GLC 300
A fix-it ticket and 2 warnings. Sounds like you came out pretty good!

Agree that the front plate has to go.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:18 AM   #33
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
not to bad
Old 05-11-2010, 11:14 AM   #34
TIE FIGHTR
Cousin of Foo

Drives: 2010 2LT RS BLACK/BEIGE
Exclamation UPDATED: DISMISSED!

I feel so vindicated!

And a big thanks to all of you here who supplied ideas and info on the Texas Transportation Code.

So I checked in with the court back in April, and was assigned to the Assistant District Attorny's office for a hearing. So I prepared myself with the Texas Code of Transportation and highlighted the areas pertaining to the tail lamps on a vehicle and their requirements. Then I photographed my tail lights as per the highlighted sections and placed them in a word document with the Code(ATTACHED). I went to the ADA, got a number, stood in line, and was called in.

ADA says I see you are here because of "blacked out" tail lamps.
"Yes sir."
"and you have evidence to show that the violation has been corrected?"
"No sir, I would like to show that the tail light tints on my vehicle are within the law as stated by the Texas Code of Transportation."
Then read off the hightlighted areas, pointing out the photos provided...

"Well, I can't speak for the officer's opinion of why he believed whether not your tail lamps are or reflect red, and I can't very well go to the parking lot to inspect every vehicle that comes in with a violation, but you have presented your self very well here this morning so I will go ahead and dismiss the citation with no further reuirements on you. I cannot however guarantee that you won't be pulled over for this again, nor can I guarantee that you can have this dimissed again based on the same arguement."

DONE...DISMISSED!

HA!

'I wish I was the full moon shining off a Camaro's hood' ~ Pearl Jam Wishlist
TIE FIGHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:19 AM   #35
TIE FIGHTR
Cousin of Foo

TRANSPORTATION CODE

TITLE 7. VEHICLES AND TRAFFIC

SUBTITLE C. RULES OF THE ROAD

CHAPTER 547. VEHICLE EQUIPMENT

SUBCHAPTER A. GENERAL PROVISIONS

Sec. 547.302. DUTY TO DISPLAY LIGHTS. (a) A vehicle shall display each lighted lamp and illuminating device required by this chapter to be on the vehicle:
(1) at nighttime; and
(2) when light is insufficient or atmospheric conditions are unfavorable so that a person or vehicle on the highway is not clearly discernible at a distance of 1,000 feet ahead.
(b) A signaling device, including a stoplamp or a turn signal lamp, shall be lighted as prescribed by this chapter.
(c) At least one lighted lamp shall be displayed on each side of the front of a motor vehicle.
(d) Not more than four of the following may be lighted at one time on the front of a motor vehicle:
(1) a headlamp required by this chapter; or
(2) a lamp, including an auxiliary lamp or spotlamp, that projects a beam with an intensity brighter than 300 candlepower.

Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.

Sec. 547.303. COLOR REQUIREMENTS. (a) Unless expressly provided otherwise, a lighting device or reflector mounted on the rear of a vehicle must be or reflect red.(b) A signaling device mounted on the rear of a vehicle may be red, amber, or yellow.

Sec. 547.323. STOPLAMPS REQUIRED. (a) Except as provided by Subsection (b), a motor vehicle, trailer, semitrailer, or pole trailer shall be equipped with at least two stoplamps.
(b) A passenger car manufactured or assembled before the model year 1960 shall be equipped with at least one stoplamp.
(c) A stoplamp shall be mounted on the rear of the vehicle.
(d) A stoplamp shall emit a red or amber light, or a color between red and amber, that is:
(1) visible in normal sunlight at a distance of at least 300 feet from the rear of the vehicle; and
(2) displayed when the vehicle service brake is applied.
(e) If vehicles are traveling in combination, only the stoplamps on the rearmost vehicle are required to emit a light for the distance specified in Subsection (d).
(f) A stoplamp may be included as a part of another rear lamp.

Sec. 547.325. REFLECTORS REQUIRED. (a) Except as provided by Subchapter F, a motor vehicle, trailer, semitrailer, or pole trailer shall be equipped with at least two red reflectors on the rear of the vehicle. A red reflector may be included as a part of a taillamp.
(b) A reflector shall be:
(1) mounted at a height from 15 to 60 inches; and
(2) visible at night at all distances:
(A) from 100 to 600 feet when directly in front of lawful lower beams of headlamps; or
(B) from 100 to 350 feet when directly in front of lawful upper beams of headlamps if the vehicle was manufactured or assembled before January 1, 1972.

Figure 1; Lights on from 600 feet

Figure 2; Lights off, Reflection from 600 ft at night

Figure 3; Brakes applied from 1000 ft

Old 05-11-2010, 11:26 AM   #36
Da Hose
ACCOUNT HOZED BY GN......

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS #26731
Way to go!!!!!!

I'd bet $100 that you smile like that all the time, even in your sleep... and you don't snore when you sleep, you giggle.

Da Hose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:27 AM   #37
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Nicely done!

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:52 AM   #38
Pumpkin1LT

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Do you have reflective tape at the top of your taillights, or did you remove about 2/4"-3/4" from the top of your tints?

A happy wife is one in the garage getting dirty under her 2010 Camaro!
Pumpkin1LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:08 PM   #39
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
Those are RS lights.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:31 PM   #40
BKTurner36
Brian

Drives: 2SS/RS 6spd, CGM
Great job! You're a lucky dude...I got stopped on 1604 for 65 in a 55. Anything slower than 60/65 and you're like a rock in a river on that stretch. The trooper's only comments to me were "Guess you didn't see me!" and "Here's your ticket, sign here." First ticket I've had in over 20 years. I do 70 up that stretch of 1604 in my pickup. Must've been a 'stang lover. LOL
BKTurner36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:32 PM   #41
TIE FIGHTR
Cousin of Foo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin1LT View Post
Do you have reflective tape at the top of your taillights, or did you remove about 2/4"-3/4" from the top of your tints?

Neither. The stock lights have a very strong reflective strip across the top which reflect very well through the tints.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:36 PM   #42
Pumpkin1LT

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIE FIGHTR View Post
Neither. The stock lights have a very strong reflective strip across the top which reflect very well through the tints.
I see.. Pls forgive my "noob"question ..lol! (Still learning).. Either way I'm going to bookmark your thread in the event I ever get pulled over and cited for rear tail tints..mine are only 30%.. but I still wonder. So, for that, thanks for the story..and good on ya!

A happy wife is one in the garage getting dirty under her 2010 Camaro!
Pumpkin1LT is offline   Reply With Quote