Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-03-2016, 08:34 AM   #407
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Collins View Post

I'm wondering if you have any dyno numbers with stock exhaust then only changing exhaust? And then that same dyno test with all of the different exhaust styles and brands? I brought this very question up when I bought the tune, Andy had dyno numbers and said the sound is the biggest difference that the stock flows pretty good already.
They all sound different and they save weight over the stock exhaust. I will install the solo and a full stainless exhaust in the future. But it won't be because of the performance benefit if there is much at all. I'm not a young kid any longer and I actually don't want to piss off my neighbors when I go down the street at 4:30 am to go to work. But having said that, I'm still researching the best ss exhaust for my liking.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:28 AM   #408
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Collins View Post
It's purely for sound for sure. I was just kidding around. Personally, I can't not have a loud exhaust. If I didn't want to hear my car then I'd of bought a Leaf, haha. I know I irritate my neighbors every morning when I start my car at 6:00, but I pay my bills, not them. It has nothing to do with disrespect, and it's only for a few seconds anyway. I don't find it any different then someone above, beneath or beside you blaring music. It doesn't bother me one bit, so feel free. The world has just become too sensitive, IMO.
I hear you and I can appreciate your stance. When I was a few years younger, I loved straight pipes and cherry bombs. Just not what I'm going for nowadays unless it was in a Z at the track.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote