Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-22-2010, 01:15 PM   #15
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
I can't see why these mustang boys want to be on a Camaro forum, I guess it is because they really wish they owned one, I have never even thought about joining a mustang forum, I have no interest at all in mustangs, so what would be the point to join their forum, Camaro is king and I love this forum.
I guess they have nothing better to do. Life is more exciting in a Camaro perhaps?
Old 07-22-2010, 01:16 PM   #16
CamaroMiami

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3, 92 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Jeez. I'm told I suck at work, I'm told I suck at home, now on Camaro5 I'm told I suck as well. I give up! Someday somebody will be happy with me....
I'm sure you don't suck when you enjoy your beastly camaro!!!!!!!!
CamaroMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:20 PM   #17
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
lol nice summary. Yeah, recently I had some mustang owner get pretty mean when I asked what wheel hop was. But thankfully, Camaro5 members were there to help me out.. with my question and the troll =p

For those who backed me up, thanks a lot. And it's really great to be in the C5 Family!
Old 07-22-2010, 01:22 PM   #18
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan323 View Post
lol nice summary. Yeah, recently I had some mustang owner get pretty mean when I asked what wheel hop was. But thankfully, Camaro5 members were there to help me out.. with my question and the troll =p

For those who backed me up, thanks a lot. And it's really great to be in the C5 Family!

Oh yeah, I remember that one a couple of nights ago. It was a good question, when you may have never experienced it before! ( I stuck my foot in that one also! LOL)

Enjoy that Beautiful Car!
Old 07-22-2010, 01:24 PM   #19
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

And I ain't no "Kumbaya" type either. LOL

Last edited by greenrail; 07-24-2010 at 06:28 PM. Reason: my usual misspelling.
greenrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:25 PM   #20
Camarorss350
camaro blogger

Drives: 2010 Black on Black SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Camarorss350
Wow man, that was an impressive post! Love the formatting!
Camarorss350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:28 PM   #21
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarorss350 View Post
Wow man, that was an impressive post! Love the formatting!
Yanno, I love this car more than I ever thought I would. Likewise, this forum has been very interesting and a means of building some new friendships.

It is darn nice to know something like this can happen to an old guy like me!

There are a heck of a lot of wonderful people on here! Funny, strange (at times), loving and supportive. One couldn't ask for better!

(Well, Maybe a Z28 Convertible if I was so inclined.) But you know what I mean! LOL
Old 07-22-2010, 01:30 PM   #22
chain1

Drives: 2011 Ford Mustang GT/CS 5.0
Quote:
I can't see why these mustang boys want to be on a Camaro forum, I guess it is because they really wish they owned one, I have never even thought about joining a mustang forum, I have no interest at all in mustangs, so what would be the point to join their forum, Camaro is king and I love this forum.
This attitude drives me crazy. This comment contradicts the purpose of this thread. Just because YOU have no interest in other vehicles other than your own, doesn't mean others don't enjoy a variety of cars. I have a mustang but I seriously considered a Camaro, a Challenger, and a 370Z before I made my purchase. I still like Camaros and Challengers but the Mustang was the best fit for ME.
If thinking all mustang owners are jealous of your Camaro helps you get through the day then, by all means, continue to believe so. Just know however, that some people are genuinely interested in other vehicles besides their own.

Rant over.
chain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:30 PM   #23
SSRSLY
Lady Racer

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post
I guess they have nothing better to do. Life is more exciting in a Camaro perhaps?
Or maybe they're just general CAR enthusiasts who love anything with a little sport in its blood? I had a 2000 Mustang GT before the Camaro, because that's what I wanted and could afford in 2005. I now drive a Dodge; in fact, as of right now we have one of each: Dodge Ram Sport, Chevy Camaro SS, and Ford SVT Lightning. Each one of those vehicles was hand-picked after months of searching because it had the right combination of looks, options, and speed that we were looking for at the time. IMHO, brand loyalty just doesn't make sense. I mean, picture an NFL league with only one team...how would that work? Love 'em or hate 'em, doesn't change the fact that you need them.

2014 Ford F150 Tremor
2012 Shelby GT500
SSRSLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:30 PM   #24
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Maybe because they enjoy open discussion and exhange of ideas and comments/thoughts with others, not just their own "brand" and model segment.

Of course I come here because I find a variety of topics to talk about and some really great people. I also belong to two other Challenger forums and like them too!

But of course I may be the odd person where I like learning new things and talking to new people.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:31 PM   #25
thesnoopster

Drives: '17 Fifty SS - '18 Traverse Redline
Quote:
And I ain't no "Kumbayah" type either. LOL
I was about to ask that ....LOL J/K

I love Camaro5 and I met some great people since I been here .... and i run from the arguments and trolls ..... I got better things to do like .... drive my Camaro or have a tasty beverage ...... LOL

Here here ...good write up!
Old 07-22-2010, 01:32 PM   #26
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRSLY View Post
Or maybe they're just general CAR enthusiasts who love anything with a little sport in its blood? I had a 2000 Mustang GT before the Camaro, because that's what I wanted and could afford in 2005. I now drive a Dodge; in fact, as of right now we have one of each: Dodge Ram Sport, Chevy Camaro SS, and Ford SVT Lightning. Each one of those vehicles was hand-picked after months of searching because it had the right combination of looks, options, and speed that we were looking for at the time. IMHO, brand loyalty just doesn't make sense. I mean, picture an NFL league with only one team...how would that work? Love 'em or hate 'em, doesn't change the fact that you need them.
You got that right. As I have said many times here.

I wish I had a large enough garage to house my Camaro, a GT500 and an SRT8. I love em all. Just no Rice or Kraut burners! Just not my cup of tea.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:36 PM   #27
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnoopster View Post
I was about to ask that ....LOL J/K

I love Camaro5 and I met some great people since I been here .... and i run from the arguments and trolls ..... I got better things to do like .... drive my Camaro or have a tasty beverage ...... LOL

Here here ...good write up!
Amen my friend! Hoistin' a cold Soda as I type this!
Old 07-22-2010, 01:37 PM   #28
SSRSLY
Lady Racer

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
You got that right. As I have said many times here.

I wish I had a large enough garage to house my Camaro, a GT500 and an SRT8. I love em all. Just no Rice or Kraut burners! Just not my cup of tea.
One of the best sounding V8's I heard while working at Texas World Speedway was an Audi R8. True story. I would rock one in a heartbeat.

2014 Ford F150 Tremor
2012 Shelby GT500
SSRSLY is offline   Reply With Quote