Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions > Guides, Manuals, Bulletins, Documentation Archive

Old 07-27-2008, 08:42 PM   #309
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 View Post
sure can.

guys wut u guys gettin mad over its the first year there comin out with something let gm knock out the kinks u never kno they might change it around it the first year camaro coming bak soo hold ur horses

Guys, What are you guys getting mad over? It's the first year they're coming out with something. Let gm knock out the kinks, you never know they mght change it around the first year. The camaro is coming back so hold your horses.
Thanks a Bunch. Makes sense now.
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:12 PM   #310
camaro trans am squad
Camaro/Trans Am Racing

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 00 Trans Am WS6
i hope da z28 will be offered and what is 422hp i want da new camaro 2 stomp da new challenger were at a horsepower war people!
camaro trans am squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:38 AM   #311
camarolover69

Drives: 01 Mustang GT
i wish gm put the bages in the center like back in the 60s but it still looks awsome wid the chevy symbol in the middle nd the bagges on the side but it would look more awsome if they put it center front and rear nd under the word "camaro" thats on the side that 1 and only thing i dont like what they did everything else is perfect jus that lil thing they have to change
camarolover69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:04 AM   #312
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarolover69 View Post
i wish gm put the bages in the center like back in the 60s but it still looks awsome wid the chevy symbol in the middle nd the bagges on the side but it would look more awsome if they put it center front and rear nd under the word "camaro" thats on the side that 1 and only thing i dont like what they did everything else is perfect jus that lil thing they have to change
I am hoping that the aftermarket will have badges for the center of the grille and the back panel.
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:26 AM   #313
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro trans am squad View Post
i hope da z28 will be offered and what is 422hp i want da new camaro 2 stomp da new challenger were at a horsepower war people!
this will be priced similar to the R/T . . . and it will weigh ~300 lbs less than the Challenger SRT8 with only 3 hp less
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:40 PM   #314
K-soldier

Drives: mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Nissan
Quote:
But the RS trim level (available for both V6 and SS cars) does include HID headlamps with a sassy and BMW-inspired halo of LED lights around the main element, plus dark taillight lenses and 20-inch tires and a little rear spoiler.

theres gunna b HID lights for the ss nd rs!!

it doesn't have halo LED's. it has halos there is no such thing as Halo LED's around the main element. the NEW AUDI and NEW BMW have the LED's around the headlights.
K-soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 02:04 PM   #315
K-soldier

Drives: mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Nissan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K05GT View Post
Electronic Stability Control will be mandatory 2012 Government Regs.
The 2008 Mustang has this option. also it comes with the option of side curtain air bags as well.

The Mustang is lighter for many reasons, 1) 4.6L Aluminum Engine (it's smaller) 2) Aluminum Hood and roof. 3) Solid Rear Axle not IRS.
4) SIZE..
..........................Camaro...Mustang
wheel base...........112.3......107.1
length..................190.4.....187.6
width...................75.5.......73.9
height................. 54.2.......55.4
track front...........63.7........62.8
track rear.............63.7.......63
F/R Bal................52/48......51/49
curb weight (lbs)...3,870......3,450

you are saying that the Mustang comes with ESC and the side airbag options. in your chart have you added the Mustang with both of these options? i'm guessing NOT. because the weight that ford suggests for the mustang is for the Mustang that doesn't have both of these options, plus not to mention a smaller engine and no IRS and the size of the car the Camaro is a wider and larger car.
K-soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:04 PM   #316
camarolover69

Drives: 01 Mustang GT
Quote:
oo ya nd also the mustang jus has the horse symbol not the ford symbol in the middle of the front grill...

Last edited by camarolover69; 07-29-2008 at 09:19 PM.
camarolover69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:28 AM   #317
Frankie

Drives: Pewter 2001 SS M6
Hello Everyone...Newbie here

Isn't there anyone else here who is totally disgusted at the power specs.

I've been drooling over this car since the first day of the auto show when it debuted and I had to go to see my new car, but this is beyond a huge disappointment.

How is it that 2010 "thoroughly modern, advanced package of performance" is making damn near the same hp as the 2005 GTO.

Yes...when this modern...
Baddest of the bad...
Brembo brakes to rein in the shear, raw power...
Iconic car comes out, it will have close to the same power as a car that outdated it by 5 years.

I keep waiting for the "official" Z28 specs but now it looks like there won' be any. Where the hell is the blown, 550 hp CTS-V engine that was also for the Camaro.

Also, I realize that it's not all about performance. This car is beautiful (except for the revised front turn signals) but the reason this car is so beautiful is the attitude of the design...why the hell don't they back that attitude up. Are we Camaro enthusiasts victims (yet again) of GM not wanting any other car to outperform the Vette. Are the cars we're going to drive being held back by the limitations of another model (Again!).

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not trolling here and I'm not trying to pick a fight...I am just soooo f*****g disillusioned right now.
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:27 AM   #318
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post

I've been drooling over this car since the first day of the auto show when it debuted and I had to go to see my new car, but this is beyond a huge disappointment.

How is it that 2010 "thoroughly modern, advanced package of performance" is making damn near the same hp as the 2005 GTO.

Baddest of the bad...
Iconic car comes out, it will have close to the same power as a car that outdated it by 5 years.

I keep waiting for the "official" Z28 specs but now it looks like there won' be any. Where the hell is the blown, 550 hp CTS-V engine that was also for the Camaro.

Also, I realize that it's not all about performance. This car is beautiful (except for the revised front turn signals) but the reason this car is so beautiful is the attitude of the design...why the hell don't they back that attitude up. Are we Camaro enthusiasts victims (yet again) of GM not wanting any other car to outperform the Vette. Are the cars we're going to drive being held back by the limitations of another model (Again!).

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not trolling here and I'm not trying to pick a fight...I am just soooo f*****g disillusioned right now.
we've all been a bit spoiled. But the production Camaro is making more power than the concept and all competitors in its price range
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:30 AM   #319
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
All power aside, this is not just a reiteration of a GTO.
Don't get upset. Peak numbers mean nothing. It's all about how GM builds the car to utilize it. This car will be better than the GTO, while doing everything successfully that the goat failed at (including sales)...

And they had to keep it within the Mustang's price range. All that really matters here is that the Camaro outdoes it's competitors; something which it's already shining at!

If 400+ hp isn't enough to please you...go aftermarket!
Old 07-29-2008, 03:28 PM   #320
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:

Baddest of the bad...

Welcome to the site.

Do you want a 550hp blown engine, or a Z28?
Z's were track cars with a SMALLER engine and better suspension. SS's had the bigger engine...
Old 07-30-2008, 12:25 AM   #321
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:

Baddest of the bad...

Heya Frankie...

It might be a bit more of a wait, but when that vert is coming out, I'm pretty sure the Z28 w/ LSA will be too. Stick it out. If nothing else, you can always get the SS w/ LS3 and toss a head/cam package on it or blower...it'll be about the same in price. Don't get too disappointed just yet!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:57 AM   #322
Cleotiz

Drives: 1995 Z/28
Whats the price gonna be in the US?
Cleotiz is offline   Reply With Quote