Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-14-2010, 01:53 PM   #1
chmccarty
Cars pick their drivers

Drives: Transformers Edition 2LT RS Package
Anyone know what type of Rotors these are?

I am trying to find these rotors that they actually used on the concept car of Bumblebee because I really like them and think they actually do make a visual difference in the appearance of the wheel. I have found some Brembo Drilled Rotors but mostly everything I am finding is for the SS models. I have a 2LT. Anyone know if there is anything out there like this that will work on the 2LT Models?
Attached Images

Old 01-14-2010, 02:51 PM   #2
UnknownWarrior
GM Employee

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
that i know of those are fake, the first bumblebee car was an 04-06 GTO reskinned
Old 01-14-2010, 03:02 PM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
well the first pic is of REAL drilled rotors, the second pic is fake.....there is NO BRAKE, just a rotor........and why bother as you don't have brembros either.......OR do it 100% and do a total upgrade and do it all, the brakes AND the drilled rotors. otherwise, you are just wasting your money.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:04 PM   #4
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
if you look closely, it is a 6 piston caliper....
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:41 PM   #5
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
well the first pic is of REAL drilled rotors, the second pic is fake.....there is NO BRAKE, just a rotor........and why bother as you don't have brembros either.......OR do it 100% and do a total upgrade and do it all, the brakes AND the drilled rotors. otherwise, you are just wasting your money.
While I agree its a waste of money performance wise, he wants them for Visual reasons, and considering the some of other crappy visual updates out there for this car, this actually would look kinda cool. Total upgrade = $3000, rotors = $300 ish, if all he wants is the looks who cares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
No its not look closer you can see the logo covers 2 pots, so its safe to assume 4. Either way it was a concept set anyway. He just wants the rotors.

The rotors may just not be available yet, but I'm sure Someone will come out with crossdrilled rotors for this car within the next year. Or you can go to a performance shop and get a set drilled... Thats gotta be expensive though.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:15 PM   #6
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Stillen already is selling them! Drilled, slotted, drilled & slotted. Mine are waiting for me at the FedEx office

Not sure if they have them for the V6 though...would need to check!
Attached Images

2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:16 PM   #7
chmccarty
Cars pick their drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
While I agree its a waste of money performance wise, he wants them for Visual reasons, and considering the some of other crappy visual updates out there for this car, this actually would look kinda cool. Total upgrade = $3000, rotors = $300 ish, if all he wants is the looks who cares.

No its not look closer you can see the logo covers 2 pots, so its safe to assume 4. Either way it was a concept set anyway. He just wants the rotors.

The rotors may just not be available yet, but I'm sure Someone will come out with crossdrilled rotors for this car within the next year. Or you can go to a performance shop and get a set drilled... Thats gotta be expensive though.

Rogue, thanks, thats exactly what I was thinking. You're exactly right and I am really just interested in the look anyhow, not performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
Stillen already is selling them! Drilled, slotted, drilled & slotted. Mine are waiting for me at the FedEx office

Not sure if they have them for the V6 though...would need to check!
Thanks!! Exactly what I was looking for, I will call them in the morning and see if what they have will fit the 2LT models.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:26 PM   #8
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmccarty View Post
Rogue, thanks, thats exactly what I was thinking. You're exactly right and I am really just interested in the look anyhow, not performance.

Thanks!! Exactly what I was looking for, I will call them in the morning and see if what they have will fit the 2LT models.
Talk to Dan This is the Brembo thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45326
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:30 PM   #9
bng804

Drives: '10 Victory Red 2LT
I'm pretty positive the SS rotors will not fit the v6 models.

I am still trying to for sure confirm this, but I was told that the rotors from the 2008-2009 Cadillac 3.6 Litre, 6 Cylinder, VVT (Rear Wheel Drive) will fit the v6 model Camaros. There are a bunch of aftermarket slotted / cross-drilled rotors for the Cadillac application that are quite reasonably priced.

I also disagree with the notion that this is a waste performance wise. The performance cross drilled / slotted rotors should help nicely with brake fade for those of us that autocross and road race.
bng804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:03 PM   #10
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post

WRONG you are... how about the 1/3 of the caliper you don't see?
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:35 PM   #11
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
WRONG I am not look at the logo on the caliper unless they centered it on only TWO pistons there is NO way there is a 3rd piston on that caliper. Added to the fact that I actually SAW that show car at the NY Auto Show two years ago and it had that identical 4 piston caliper.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:37 AM   #12
marley.
OCD

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
I read yesterday that the Cadillac CTS uses the same rotor and you can buy drilled and slotted for that that will fit our V6 cars. I dont know if this is true or not but I plan to research it.
marley. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:38 AM   #13
Erik@Torq

Drives: '10 SS + '04 Z16 Z06 S/C
Send a message via MSN to Erik@Torq
Quote:
Originally Posted by bng804 View Post
I'm pretty positive the SS rotors will not fit the v6 models.

I am still trying to for sure confirm this, but I was told that the rotors from the 2008-2009 Cadillac 3.6 Litre, 6 Cylinder, VVT (Rear Wheel Drive) will fit the v6 model Camaros. There are a bunch of aftermarket slotted / cross-drilled rotors for the Cadillac application that are quite reasonably priced.

I also disagree with the notion that this is a waste performance wise. The performance cross drilled / slotted rotors should help nicely with brake fade for those of us that autocross and road race.
Yes and no. Slotted/drilled do help with removing the gas that builds up between the pad and rotors, and the it's the veins in the rotor that actually cool it. BUT the thing is though that some of these cheap rotors out there are cast with "cheap" metal and actually are worse then the stockers with dissipating heat etc. DO NOT be fooled that just because they are slotted/drilled or have a million pistons in the caliper your car will brake better.

More pistons do even out the pressure on the pad, but larger pistons can actually apply more pressure to the pad for stopping power. Just because a car has 6 pistons doesn't necessarily mean it will brake better then a car with 4 pistons. Everything plays in, rotor size and thickness, number of veins, slots/holes, pads, lines, fluid, caliper size, number of pistons and sizes etc etc

Quote:
Quote:
No it's not, they are 4 piston calipers.
Erik@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:44 AM   #14
chmccarty
Cars pick their drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
Talk to Dan This is the Brembo thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45326

Thanks! I just sent him a private message now!