Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 06-26-2013, 10:39 AM   #29
BadAndy

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by snymat68 View Post
After engaging HSA then blipping the throttle to 4k+ rpm to reset the torque sensor (as mentioned in another HSA thread), I've found that the brakes actually release as they should, when the should. While I agree, for me, I'd rather have no HSA in the first place, occasionally my wife needs to drive my car for one reason or another. As she doesn't have much experience with a standard (we're working on it), I thought it would be cool to be able to switch the HSA back on for her now that it seems to be working correctly.
I tried getting HSA to work the way the manual states it should, several times before swapping sensors. Every single time it would hold the brakes for 2-3 seconds. If GM can't figure out how to program the system to know when you're pressing the gas pedal and to release the brakes immediately then I don't want that system on my car.

It's not brand new technology, it shouldn't be difficult to make it work correctly and it sure as hell shouldn't be mandatory.
BadAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:29 AM   #30
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAndy View Post
It's not brand new technology, it shouldn't be difficult to make it work correctly and it sure as hell shouldn't be mandatory.
Couldn't agree more.
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #31
BCombs79

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
I would've expected my car would need a different sensor but gmparts shows it to be the same part #. Tempted to do this... I do stall this car more than I ever did my GTO. And that scares me as I'm still breaking it in.
BCombs79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #32
Combover

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Would it be a good idea to disconnect the battery before tearing down the console and swapping the sensor?
Combover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #33
krazzyk01
Liv'n The Dream!

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS RS 1LE
I've said it elsewhere, BMW had this on their manuals in 2006, maybe even earlier, and it was no problem what so ever. There are a HUGE number of technologies just coming out in American cars which have been around for a VERY long time in the foreign jobs. Why is it we can't seem to "copy" other peoples crap correctly? Aren't we supposed to be "leader in tech?"

Aside from that little rant, I'm glad this seems to be my biggest issue with my 1LE thus far. Thanks for the writeup.

Anyone know what the ramifications to your warrant might be? Electrical gremlins are the worst kind to catch and I'm not too eager at the idea of my stealer telling me I caused an issue because I messed around changing a sensor.

Been there done that, had the T-shirt and burned it.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #34
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzyk01 View Post
I've said it elsewhere, BMW had this on their manuals in 2006, maybe even earlier, and it was no problem what so ever. There are a HUGE number of technologies just coming out in American cars which have been around for a VERY long time in the foreign jobs. Why is it we can't seem to "copy" other peoples crap correctly? Aren't we supposed to be "leader in tech?"

Aside from that little rant, I'm glad this seems to be my biggest issue with my 1LE thus far. Thanks for the writeup.

Anyone know what the ramifications to your warrant might be? Electrical gremlins are the worst kind to catch and I'm not too eager at the idea of my stealer telling me I caused an issue because I messed around changing a sensor.

Been there done that, had the T-shirt and burned it.

The installed part has to be proven as the cause of a failure. I have read of no other people having that trouble at the dealer.The first question you need to ask yourself is why would a dealer even investigate? They aren't trouble shooters, they find the defective part and replace it. I will replace mine and not worry about it!
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #35
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Reset the torque sensor...that could be the ticket, but I liken that to having to program your own TPMS when you buy a new car. That crap should already be done from the factory. People don't buy new cars just to reset crap that should be done by delivery in the first place.

Gotta do what you gotta do, but at least it seems there is a workaround.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #36
Bearcrazy

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Any others out there who have done this? Any problems? I need to find someone in my area to switch mine out for me
Bearcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:01 PM   #37
krazzyk01
Liv'n The Dream!

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcrazy View Post
Any others out there who have done this? Any problems? I need to find someone in my area to switch mine out for me
Glad you asked this. I almost forgot about this until yesterday while backing out of a parking spot. I bumped the brakes and the dam thing locked the brakes on me! Saw the message come up and wanted to rip that crap out of the car and toss it out the MF'ing window right then. I'm going to order mine asap.

GM....Please,...Dear GOD PLEASE stop this stupidity! Less than 5% of all cars sold in America are manuals. If we buy one, we either know how to drive it or will figure it out.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:42 PM   #38
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Just finished installing mine today. Only took 25 minutes. Freedom from the hill start assist. Thanks much to all involved in solving this dilemma.
scubadoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:04 PM   #39
Camper1

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS
Wow, surprise, GM never responded to me about the HSA. I asked them for the statistics of accidents caused by manual cars rolling backwards, because it was obvious they were trying to save us from technology we already knew how to operate. To say I never got a response is what I expected...and what I got.
Camper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #40
Jawn

Drives: 2013 1LS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzyk01 View Post
GM....Please,...Dear GOD PLEASE stop this stupidity! Less than 5% of all cars sold in America are manuals. If we buy one, we either know how to drive it or will figure it out.

I agree 100%. I've only had my car for a week, but this crap has reared its ugly head a few times (even causing me to stall it once). I've driven manual cars probably close to 400k miles over the past 17 years... I think I can handle not rolling backwards on my own.
Jawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:08 PM   #41
Bmags

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Done and works as stated!
Bmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:52 PM   #42
Jawn

Drives: 2013 1LS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmags View Post
Done and works as stated!
Good to hear. I complained via the chat feature of Chevrolet's website, got nothing more than ROBBLE ROBBLE ROBBLE SAFETY FEATURE ROBBLE ROBBLE! But at least they logged the complaint (or said they did). When I get my car back, I may just have to give in and fix that shit myself.
Jawn is offline   Reply With Quote