Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

Old 04-23-2011, 07:18 PM   #71
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '06 HHR, '70 El Camino
thats too bad about your car and you did a great job laying the wrap. However alot of people were looking at it and your crew was showing it off as to what you could do. I know I watched people touching it while I was getting things installed, and your sales people having them feel it. Hard to say who actually did it and to call out someone or company out on on a forum without "proof" is uncool (especially posting a pic of them). Heck I picked up some new scratches on my black paint being in a booth. Just happens and cost of doing business. You may want to reconsider your post. You have a great product and even though this is not "Ghost Armor" but a wrap, you could loose more in sales than the write off to redo it. Read some of the comments and you will see what I mean.

I know this is JMO, but you do still have to act resposible on a forum.
TEAM L99 - So Cal Camaro5 Race Team #27
9/5/09 Purchased #36962 Black 1SS/RS L99 "E-TCKT" Base Dyno 328hp/341tq @BBK meet
Mods to Date: Window Tint 5% & 15%, ACC P13W Lighting, Adaptive DRL Harness, Ghost Armor, Lloyds "SS" Mats, Dash Plaque, Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust, Drake Front Bowtie Delete, Stealth 3457 Chrome/Mirror Signal Bulbs, Grant Revolutions Steering Wheel, PFADT Sport Springs, Sway Bars, End Links, Trailing Arms, 4 Wheel Alignment, Hurst Auto Shifter and Paddle Shifter, Satin Black Rear Tail Light Bezels
Buffnshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:23 PM   #72
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
First, I'm sorry that your car was scratched at the fest.

That totally sucks and I hope everything works out for you.

On a second note, if you did not personally witness the girls sitting on your car, then you don't have a case to get reimbursed by them or by the sponsor/vendor they were with (sure you know that, but this is for everyone else saying, "Make them pay!!!"). It won't happen. I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful to you in any way, shape, or form. But, as LEO I see it all the time. Unless there is a witness to the damage, there is no case. If there is no witness to a crime (theft, criminal mischief, etc) then no prosecutor could ever win the case. It's heresay, assumption, guessing...etc. With that being said, I would throw caution to coming right out and saying, "these two people scratched my car."

Again, I mean no harm or disrespect in the message. But, to see people jumping in on this, it's kind of disturbing.

And to everyone else.... no more disrespectful messages about the girls any more. No, I don't know them. But, neither do you....and I can pretty much bet money on it that you (not the OP, but the others in general) wouldn't walk up to the girls and say, "you can't model with my car because you look like a two bit hooker, aren't pretty, etc etc etc." People just don't do that in real life....remember, rule #2, the same rules of life apply here. Please abide by them.

Thanks

Use a little more tact, people...it's just not nice.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:33 PM   #73
Black Bunny

Drives: 2011 2ss Black
So the girls don't look to hot now, do they.
no bueno!
Black Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:12 PM   #74
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
On a side note... Ghost armor is awesome!
Old 04-23-2011, 09:05 PM   #75
Mustang Killa

Drives: Black 2SS
Quote:
First, I'm sorry that your car was scratched at the fest.

That totally sucks and I hope everything works out for you.

On a second note, if you did not personally witness the girls sitting on your car, then you don't have a case to get reimbursed by them or by the sponsor/vendor they were with (sure you know that, but this is for everyone else saying, "Make them pay!!!"). It won't happen. I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful to you in any way, shape, or form. But, as LEO I see it all the time. Unless there is a witness to the damage, there is no case. If there is no witness to a crime (theft, criminal mischief, etc) then no prosecutor could ever win the case. It's heresay, assumption, guessing...etc. With that being said, I would throw caution to coming right out and saying, "these two people scratched my car."

Again, I mean no harm or disrespect in the message. But, to see people jumping in on this, it's kind of disturbing.

And to everyone else.... no more disrespectful messages about the girls any more. No, I don't know them. But, neither do you....and I can pretty much bet money on it that you (not the OP, but the others in general) wouldn't walk up to the girls and say, "you can't model with my car because you look like a two bit hooker, aren't pretty, etc etc etc." People just don't do that in real life....remember, rule #2, the same rules of life apply here. Please abide by them.

Thanks

When it happened I was assisting a few people and through a group of people I noticed those 2 posing by my car and the angle I was at i couldnt tell whose arm was out stretched, they were side by side and very close to each other but I saw an out stretched hand running nails along the contour of where the scratches are now.

I'm not pointing fingers because they happened to have had nails, can I recall which one of the 2 did it? No..but did I see them alone next to my car and one of their hands do that?..yes.

I wouldnt post on here based on just a whim, I respect the members on here too much and appreciate the support they have shown the company I work for.

if I wasn't sure or was going to be dishonest I would have just picked one of the two to blame it on.
Mustang Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:06 PM   #76
Mustang Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ject View Post
On a side note... Ghost armor is awesome!
THANKS buddy! You were one of our original customers
Old 04-23-2011, 09:07 PM   #77
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Killa View Post
When it happened I was assisting a few people and through a group of people I noticed those 2 posing by my car and the angle I was at i couldnt tell whose arm was out stretched, they were side by side and very close to each other but I saw an out stretched hand running nails along the contour of where the scratches are now.

I'm not pointing fingers because they happened to have had nails, can I recall which one of the 2 did it? No..but did I see them alone next to my car and one of their hands do that?..yes.

I wouldnt post on here based on just a whim, I respect the members on here too much and appreciate the support they have shown the company I work for.

if I wasn't sure or was going to be dishonest I would have just picked one of the two to blame it on.
With respect...I don't think posting the picture up and making a public issue out of it was at all a wise decision...No matter how sure you are. There are some things that are better handled privately.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:48 AM   #78
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:

I must be reading too d@mn fast these days trying to get in as much as possible...

I read your post again...and finally on the third time I got it.

I apologize.

I see where you said you AND another saw them touching and running their nails across it.

However it ends up, I hope for nothing but the best.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:11 AM   #79
Mustang Killa

Quote:
I must be reading too d@mn fast these days trying to get in as much as possible...

I read your post again...and finally on the third time I got it.

I apologize.

I see where you said you AND another saw them touching and running their nails across it.

However it ends up, I hope for nothing but the best.

No worries, I know there are tons of posts on here that must be moderated..
Old 04-24-2011, 01:11 AM   #80
IOM-SS

Drives: 2010 SS RS 2G1FT1EWXA9163596
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
i was at an auto show a few years ago and a kid opened the door to a new Corvette and climbed on it-full weight. i was at another show with old cars, all roped off , and this low class family comes up, leans over and puts their hands on a Sting Ray!!
From day one when I could understand my parents taught me never to touch an "Old" or Classic Car. We are a Car family from the late nineteen forties to present day. one of the very first cars that our parents restored Original 1913 Model T Ford, it is still in the family, we used a piece of carpet turned carpet side down to get in the back seat.
IOM-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:12 AM   #81
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Not that my opinion matters... but I am less suspicious of fingernails then I am of the rings. I have seen more scratches in paint, decals, body armor and windows caused by rings being run across the surfaces of all, then I have ever seen with finger nails. I use to apply vinyl type decals to my fleet of vans and that is usually what caused the damage was someone wearing a ring and washing the vehicle! A good reminder for all who wash or detail... remove those belt buckles, jackets with metal buttons on sleeves (like Levi's) and jewelry before you clean and wax your vehicle. Just my 2 cents. No disrespect meant towards anyone. Sorry for the damage.
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:41 AM   #82
IBMCamaro

Drives: 2010 2LT RS IBM Camaro
Quote:
Clear bra = protection from chips, scratches and other wear and tear

Vinyl wrap = cosmetic application that's a temporary alternative to paint job

What did you use on your stripes exactly?..I'll happily try it, flat black isn't very forgiving.
I believe I was lucky as I used the drill kit and Swirl & Haze Remover Polish and then the Fine Machine Polish. My stripes are the high gloss ones though and I knew that I could go through the top coat of the vinyl sticker if I wasn't careful.

Maybe try the Fine Machine Polish by hand as ud_lose recommended.
IBMCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:09 PM   #83
Mustang Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMCamaro View Post
I believe I was lucky as I used the drill kit and Swirl & Haze Remover Polish and then the Fine Machine Polish. My stripes are the high gloss ones though and I knew that I could go through the top coat of the vinyl sticker if I wasn't careful.

Maybe try the Fine Machine Polish by hand as ud_lose recommended.
The gloss and matte/flat are different ball games all together..luckily yours were gloss.

Happy Easter to all!
Old 04-24-2011, 01:18 PM   #84
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Actually, I've seen jeans ALONE cause scratches. JUST THE DENIM. I wouldn't think it would on a wrap though.