Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-15-2013, 09:17 AM   #1
jesse454545

Drives: 2011 CAMARO 2SS/RS
exhaust warranty

Okay so in the middle of a road trip I noticed my exhaust sounding louder than usual so I looked under the car and the clamp that connects the straight pipe to the pipe that goes up to the header was disconnected. The muffle shop had trouble clamping both pipes together so they weld it for I can come back from my trip. Now the rear part of the exhaust is making a real faint noise while driving off and would like to take it to the dealer to get it fix...but would the weldingi had to put on there to come back from my trip void the warranty?
jesse454545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #2
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Based on some of your other posts I feel you must have bought your car used. Does it have the stock exhaust on it? Also I noticed you had a new clutch put in too, I think they have to drop the exhaust to do that. The shop that did that work may have screwed up your exhaust and if they did it would not be covered under warranty anyway.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #3
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
You have no warranty on the exhaust work that was done, but by taking it to your dealer and paying them to repair it, you'll be fine. GM cannot void all of your warranty based on exhaust mods. They simply won't warranty the modded parts.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:06 AM   #4
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
And if/when you need repairs (such as on your trip), if you are concerned about your warranty, all repairs need to be performed by a GM dealer or GM/Chevrolet has to authorize the repairs to be done by another vendor.

In any case, if it's under warranty, take it to the dealer. Otherwise, go anywhere you like.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote