Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-29-2009, 06:10 PM   #1
jnewberr2ssrs

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS
I'm going crazy! (no not your typical I'm going crazy thread...i feel like venting)

So Camaro5 has pretty much kept me sane in these past few months...I'm currently on a semester exchange in Mexico right now, so needless to say I wasn't able to bring my car :(

I ordered her at the beginning of the summer and waited and waited and waited patiently for my car to come in...And of course eventually it did...But I was already down here for the semester so I told my dad and best friend to go pick her up from the dealership and drive her for me...And that sucked a little bit not being able to be the first to drive her, but oh well...At least my dealer was cool and just let them take it home and park it in the garage for me for 2 weeks without even paying for it because obviously I wasn't there to write the check (the dealer has been a family friend for a long time - so he knew I didn't want the car just sitting there collecting everyone's fingerprints and drool marks lol)...So after 2 weeks I was finally able to sort out some problems (well...not really, as I'm still fighting with Mexican migration over it) with my visa and was able to come back for 1 weekend! And that's all I got to spend with the car I had waited so long waiting for and obsessing over...And as many of you know, when I say obsessing I really mean it! There were nights this last summer when I would stay up until 5 or 6 in the morning looking up pictures of every last angle of the car and videos on youtube of the car - as I had never even gotten a chance to test drive one...

But anyway...Yeah I got to go back, pay for the car, and drive her for a weekend and it was absolutely amazing! I had my best friend pick me up at the airport in her and it was love at first sight lol...It gave me chills to see the HID lights coming down the tunnel at the airport and watch the car come softly to a stop and know that that was my baby - exactly how I had dreamt about her for so long ... This car was 1000 times better than anything I could have ever expected. It has a persona that can't be described in words. The car itself is a feeling, an attitude all in in its own...I now know what the permagrin is and I know I could never get tired of this car...It was so hard to have to leave it again as if it had never happened or existed, but I had to...

I guess I can't complain too much because at least it's safe and sound (and clean) sitting at home in the garage under the supervision of my best friend...As I know many people are still waiting on theirs so at least I got one weekend with my car...I'm just missing my car and trying to convince myself that it wasn't a dream haha...I think I'm just a little down about not getting to enjoy my car because I only have one more semester until I graduate when I come back in December and then I'm commissioning into the Air Force and who knows where I'll be sent off to and if I'll get to take my car if it's overseas...But oh well, this is the life I want and wouldn't trade my chance to serve our great country for anything in the world

So anyways...Everyone keep posting cool and interesting stuff because I'm going crazy down here! haha

Yeah I believe that's all for now lol
Old 10-05-2009, 02:32 PM   #2
jnewberr2ssrs

Woo hoo! I finally got my student visa back from the Mexican government and am all cleared to come back and forth as I please...So it conveniently works out that this weekend is going to be a 4 day weekend for me so I already booked my flight to come back up to the states and visit my family, friends, and car for the weekend! The flight was pretty expensive, but it will be worth it because I have been going crazy not being able to drive my car! lol

Thought I would share my excitement
Old 10-05-2009, 02:37 PM   #3
5thGenCamaroChick
Hey y'all :)

Drives: Rosalee
Congrats, and thanks for your service! Hope you have mucho fun in your car this weekend.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:46 PM   #4
Dboy23
2G1FB1EV7A9100028

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Hemi
Congrats man! Glad to hear your gonna finally be able to enjoy it .
Old 10-05-2009, 02:52 PM   #5
ZZTOM

Drives: 67 Camaro 350, 2010 2SS
Congrats man, I'll see in ABQ.
ZZTOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:28 PM   #6
toetter

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS CGM 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnewberr2ssrs View Post
So Camaro5 has pretty much kept me sane in these past few months...I'm currently on a semester exchange in Mexico right now, so needless to say I wasn't able to bring my car :(

I ordered her at the beginning of the summer and waited and waited and waited patiently for my car to come in...And of course eventually it did...But I was already down here for the semester so I told my dad and best friend to go pick her up from the dealership and drive her for me...And that sucked a little bit not being able to be the first to drive her, but oh well...At least my dealer was cool and just let them take it home and park it in the garage for me for 2 weeks without even paying for it because obviously I wasn't there to write the check (the dealer has been a family friend for a long time - so he knew I didn't want the car just sitting there collecting everyone's fingerprints and drool marks lol)...So after 2 weeks I was finally able to sort out some problems (well...not really, as I'm still fighting with Mexican migration over it) with my visa and was able to come back for 1 weekend! And that's all I got to spend with the car I had waited so long waiting for and obsessing over...And as many of you know, when I say obsessing I really mean it! There were nights this last summer when I would stay up until 5 or 6 in the morning looking up pictures of every last angle of the car and videos on youtube of the car - as I had never even gotten a chance to test drive one...

But anyway...Yeah I got to go back, pay for the car, and drive her for a weekend and it was absolutely amazing! I had my best friend pick me up at the airport in her and it was love at first sight lol...It gave me chills to see the HID lights coming down the tunnel at the airport and watch the car come softly to a stop and know that that was my baby - exactly how I had dreamt about her for so long ... This car was 1000 times better than anything I could have ever expected. It has a persona that can't be described in words. The car itself is a feeling, an attitude all in in its own...I now know what the permagrin is and I know I could never get tired of this car...It was so hard to have to leave it again as if it had never happened or existed, but I had to...

I guess I can't complain too much because at least it's safe and sound (and clean) sitting at home in the garage under the supervision of my best friend...As I know many people are still waiting on theirs so at least I got one weekend with my car...I'm just missing my car and trying to convince myself that it wasn't a dream haha...I think I'm just a little down about not getting to enjoy my car because I only have one more semester until I graduate when I come back in December and then I'm commissioning into the Air Force and who knows where I'll be sent off to and if I'll get to take my car if it's overseas...But oh well, this is the life I want and wouldn't trade my chance to serve our great country for anything in the world

So anyways...Everyone keep posting cool and interesting stuff because I'm going crazy down here! haha

Yeah I believe that's all for now lol
Don't worry about the car!! Anyone who serves is a hero in my mind!! You are doing the right thing and you can enjoy the car when you come home. Be safe and watch your six!!
toetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:27 PM   #7
az5thgen

Drives: 2010 1LT
I thought he said he was a student...semester exchange?

But it's a cool story what ever you do! Congrats!!
az5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:57 PM   #8
jnewberr2ssrs

Yeah...I'm a senior in college and am commissioning into the Air Force upon graduating (it's up there in the first post! lol but it is a little long so I can see how you might have missed that part)...So I'm not serving yet but will be soon and can't wait!
Old 12-10-2009, 04:44 AM   #9
jnewberr2ssrs

Update to a somewhat old thread...

I'm finally moving back this weekend to be reunited with my car after 5 months out of the country. This feels like when I was first waiting for the car again - this explains why I'm up at 4:45 in the morning

I can't wait to see my family, friends, and car
Old 12-10-2009, 06:38 AM   #10
tbarber87

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS CGM Rally Stripes
YAY!!!! Congrats twin!! Hope you get some good quality time with her for a little while!! Any news on if you'll be able to make it to Camaro5Fest yet?
tbarber87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:45 AM   #11
SharpSS

Drives: Decked Out Inferno Orange 2SS
Congrats on the move back and even bigger congrats on you future stint with the Air Force.

SharpSS-USMC 1982-1986