Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-13-2008, 02:09 AM   #1
17ac

Drives: none yet
Traction Control

Who thinks that the new Camaro willl have a a button to turn off the Traction Control like the Silverado? You know for those empty lots where you want to have a little fun..

When the bogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for the Chevy Camaro.

When pictures of the Chevy Camaro were shown in France, the French surrendered to the Chevy Camaro just to be on the safe side.

Google won't search for Chevy Camaro because it knows you don't find Chevy Camaros. Chevy Camaros find you.

The original title for "Alien vs. Predator" was "Alien vs. Predator vs. Chevy Camaro." It was cancelled in preproduction, because film execs knew no one would pay 9 bucks to see a movie 14 seconds long.
17ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 02:31 AM   #2
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
It should... I've never seen a car with traction control not have one.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 05:49 AM   #3
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
It will. It's going to have stability control too, and will probably have one button to turn both off. Another e-nanny it will have will be TPMS. Both are mandated for new cars and currently being phased in; I think by 2011 both will be mandatory in 100% of cars.

Anyway, there's no way they won't include a button to turn it off. What would be even better would be a way to make it stay off until you want to turn it back on. For that, a custom hack job might have to be done.
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:21 AM   #4
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
stability control + traction control = stabilitrak. It's in almost everything on the Chevy lineup and they all have a button to shut it off...
Chevyrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:23 AM   #5
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
What's traction control, LOL!!! I turn mine off before I buckle in, turn the radio or AC on, or anything else. As long as it's defeatable, I'm happy

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:39 AM   #6
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
my right foot has traction control built in from the factory
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:08 AM   #7
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
The G8 lets you turn it all the way off, the Camaro should be no different. Unlike the Challenger . . .
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:00 PM   #8
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
What would be even better would be a way to make it stay off until you want to turn it back on. For that, a custom hack job might have to be done.
Already been done on the 4th Gens for the ASR. You can buy the gadget from many different aftermarket companies. Someone will design one....for sure!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:12 PM   #9
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
It will. It's going to have stability control too, and will probably have one button to turn both off. Another e-nanny it will have will be TPMS. Both are mandated for new cars and currently being phased in; I think by 2011 both will be mandatory in 100% of cars.

Anyway, there's no way they won't include a button to turn it off. What would be even better would be a way to make it stay off until you want to turn it back on. For that, a custom hack job might have to be done.
Isn't rollover mitigation another e-nanny mandated by the feds or is that just for trucks?
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:03 PM   #10
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
It would be nice to also have a "sport" mode like many other performance cars have that allow you some fun while keeping you out of the tire wall, but that very well could mean more expense than benefit.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 01:52 AM   #11
17ac

Drives: none yet
Yea it would be nice to have stuff like sport mode or race mode or lauch control.

When the bogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for the Chevy Camaro.

When pictures of the Chevy Camaro were shown in France, the French surrendered to the Chevy Camaro just to be on the safe side.

Google won't search for Chevy Camaro because it knows you don't find Chevy Camaros. Chevy Camaros find you.

The original title for "Alien vs. Predator" was "Alien vs. Predator vs. Chevy Camaro." It was cancelled in preproduction, because film execs knew no one would pay 9 bucks to see a movie 14 seconds long.
17ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 06:05 PM   #12
dadgordon

Drives: "95 grandcherokee/fordminivan
where the hells my helmet it's got a 5 pointright?
dadgordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 06:25 PM   #13
NOODLESgoneWILD
IS IT 2009 YET???

Drives: '05 Z51 Black Vette & '06 H2
Send a message via MSN to NOODLESgoneWILD
GIVE ME ALL WHEEL DRIVE....and I'd buy two (One (SS) for me and one (RS) for the wifey)
Old 07-22-2008, 12:52 PM   #14
jdpickering
Razzi

Drives: 99 Monte Carlo Z34
Quote:
garfin: Can you please explain what control the driver has over how the traction control/stability control works.

DougHoulihan: StabiliTrak stability control system and traction control are standard on all models. Competitive/sport modes for the stability system are offered on the V8 SS models, including launch control on SS models equipped with the six-speed manual transmission.
Launch Control for the Manual Transmission isn't that called a Clutch isn't this usually a feature of Automatics?
jdpickering is offline   Reply With Quote