Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #57
one~Bad~SS

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS CGM LS3
white with orange stripes or white with silver stripes will always be my favorite!
Attached Images

one~Bad~SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:48 PM   #58
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Check your prices again. I know a lot of people that paid more for there 2LT then I did for my 1SS. The 1SS with no extras and a manual will be lower then you think after some discounts and haggling.
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #59
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSVX View Post
Check your prices again. I know a lot of people that paid more for there 2LT then I did for my 1SS. The 1SS with no extras and a manual will be lower then you think after some discounts and haggling.
You are right but he has to go with an auto, he has no choice.
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:20 AM   #60
JohnnyHernandez
jhernandez

Drives: 2013 Camaro RS
After it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_RS View Post
38k for an LT?

Not trying to flame or anything! Just wondering how/why one gets an LT for 38k. If that is you in the pic with your car...I don't see ground effects, upgraded wheel package, body colored Heritage grille, etc. All the things that might possibly take a 2LT that high.

Either way...you have a nice car!!!

Yeah, it does sound a little pricy. But that was after tax, title, and license. It was around 36k before it all. It does have a sunroof and just come extras ordered here and there. But hey I wasn't really discussing price when my parents handed me the keys. thanks by the way
JohnnyHernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #61
themonarch

Drives: 13' 2ls IOM black stripe
i didn't really care about being fancy with an rs package or anything i told my parents the one thing i wanted for my graduation camaro IOM that was the most important and in the end i got a 2LS IOM v6 BE-E-A-YOUTIFUL i love it i will never be able to thank them as much i called her christine because my grandma's name was christine and she passed away earlier this year
themonarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:04 AM   #62
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
lol at some of you guys. he said his parents are buying it and have set a couple of conditios. no RS package, has to be auto, and has to be new. yet I keep reading posts telling him to get the RS package, buy used if he has to in order to get an SS, and get the MT.

To the OP, congrats man. I'd go (as someone else said) 2LT and try to get a sunroof. just be sure to show your parents some appreciation. do something nice for them some time. not only are they buying you a car, I'm assuming they put you through college too.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #63
GotGame55
Haters gonna hate?

Drives: '04 Chevy Dirtymax
Get a Chevy truck. Comes with a 5.3L V8. If you get a V6 Camaro, 2 things will happen: You'll get made fun of cause its a V6 by some stranger/friend OR you'll eventually want to trade up and make a thread about it. Or the mod bug will steal your wallet. Been there, done that. Former V6 owner here.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:05 PM   #64
KICKER

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS WHITE
Congrats!
Old 05-27-2013, 01:46 PM   #65
13BlackCamaroSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyzack7 View Post
Dad said he isn't getting the RS package because the tires are only for the summer...

:/
The All-Season tires that come on the SS and other models without the RS package are not for winter anyways as they even say "3 season tires" in the manual I believe so you will want to get snow tires regardless of what Camaro you get. That would be the smart thing to do anyways.

Also if your dad is getting 3k off and he doesn't want to get the RS package, then you should be looking at a base 1SS in a manual.
13BlackCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:45 PM   #66
OHIOSS
Russ

Zack- when are you supposed to be getting your new car??

Russ
Old 06-01-2013, 09:36 PM   #67
OHIOSS
Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGame55 View Post
Get a Chevy truck. Comes with a 5.3L V8. If you get a V6 Camaro, 2 things will happen: You'll get made fun of cause its a V6 by some stranger/friend OR you'll eventually want to trade up and make a thread about it. Or the mod bug will steal your wallet. Been there, done that. Former V6 owner here.
I doubt if anyone would make fun of him, all of his friends and classmates will likely be very jealous. The V6 Camaro ain't no slouch performance wise so why would anyone make fun of him?

Russ
Old 06-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #68
vandyzack7

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT
My parents told me to find the car within 150 miles for a reasonable price and we'd go get it... We aren't having it built because that takes 8-12 weeks.

I have looked on the Internet for 20+ hours for a 2LT in the state of Tennessee for under/around 30,000 and I couldn't find one the color I liked.

Any help would be appreciated

I want either Ashen Grey, Cyber Grey, Black, or Victory Red..
vandyzack7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #69
iFly
Account Suspended

Drives: Higher
Your parents are awefully strict...just to put it into perspective, I am getting a fully loaded orange camaro 2SS/RS with only 4K miles and most of the extras you can order for $27,000.

Try to find a private seller and you can usually lower a few thousand. You could get a better bargain for your buck.
iFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #70
vandyzack7

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT
Do the used vehicles come with a warranty?

The warranty and my father's discount is why they say it has to be new.

I am just ready to find my car...
vandyzack7 is offline   Reply With Quote