Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 09-13-2009, 09:47 PM   #29
Forrest

Drives: 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bravo View Post
That is sweeeeet! Any idea what performance mods they made?
Okay. Well I've spoken to him over on the NASA forums (National Auto Sport Assosiation) because I was going to track my camaro as well, and he's helping me do that. (not as full blown as he is doing, but still). Anyways, He has a Ron Davis Radiator in it, which they use in NASCAR etc, which was special designed for the camaro as a OMGWTFBBQ bolt in super duper race specc'd (Yes, I said BOLT in) cooling machine. Which, on a side note, you can order from Carrige House Customs He also has PFADT Comopetition sway bars, Engine Mounts, Coilovers, and control arm/cradle brushings. He gutted the enterior, including sanding the entire frame with 80 grit sand paper to remove about twenty pounds. He also added a roll cage. He took this thing on the diet the other thread was complaining about. He trimmed out the unneccesary pieces of the doors with a plasma cutter, and even took out bolts and fixtures that weren't structerally needed. He also has new wheels, (obviously from the pics), and new Toyo Proxes RA1 tires, at least I assume because that is the standard.
GUESSING FROM HERE ON OUT HOWEVER the above is true
The reason they kept the stock shifter and stock drivetrain however, is, this is a guess, so dont quote me, is that the Camaro might be a touring class 2 car, so, he can compete in the AI (American Ion) races with the V8 LS3, but kept it stock so he could keep the points down that come from modifying certain components on the car. Might be stock, Might not be, Again. I have no idea.

Hope this helps?
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:11 PM   #30
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susantroy1 View Post
No ABL lighting
just glue some LED light ropes to the frame in there then and call it good
Old 09-14-2009, 02:17 PM   #31
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickPic View Post
nice find. thats gotta be the ugliest paint shceme ever tho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
:(
Dragon, he didn’t mean it...

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:07 PM   #32
Cobra-R

Drives: 2010 SS
Send a message via AIM to Cobra-R Send a message via Yahoo to Cobra-R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post
That's cool that it came from Faribault. Ssooch are they sponsored by Harry Brown's?
Mike Brown from Harry Brown's was a great help getting me this car, very cool of him and the dealership.

Brian
2000 Cobra R 131 of 300 Built 3/15/00
1995 Cobra R #23 (NASA AI Midwest & AV8SS #23)
2008 Corvette Z06
2010 Camaro SS, (soon to be a racecar) Watch the build here: http://www.carriagehousecustoms.com/CHCA/Welcome.html
Cobra-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:10 PM   #33
Cobra-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I can't WAIT to see this thing out on the track. And I think the paint show did a great job transferring my photoshop designs into real-life.

Good luck Carriage house and pfadt!!
Again, we appreciate your excellent work, Dragoneye. You can't believe how many compliments I got on my car this weekend out at nationals. Trust me, this car looks better in person than any picture will show......and I also owe you a ride.

Brian
2008 Corvette Z06
2010 Camaro SS, (soon to be a racecar) Watch the build here: http://www.carriagehousecustoms.com/CHCA/Welcome.html
Old 09-14-2009, 09:12 PM   #34
Bentley78
Rice Cooker

Drives: Avalanche Z/71, 2010 Camaro2SS
Looks like a 5yr old designed it.
Bentley78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:23 PM   #35
Cobra-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Okay. Well I've spoken to him over on the NASA forums (National Auto Sport Assosiation) because I was going to track my camaro as well, and he's helping me do that. (not as full blown as he is doing, but still). Anyways, He has a Ron Davis Radiator in it, which they use in NASCAR etc, which was special designed for the camaro as a OMGWTFBBQ bolt in super duper race specc'd (Yes, I said BOLT in) cooling machine. Which, on a side note, you can order from Carrige House Customs He also has PFADT Comopetition sway bars, Engine Mounts, Coilovers, and control arm/cradle brushings. He gutted the enterior, including sanding the entire frame with 80 grit sand paper to remove about twenty pounds. He also added a roll cage. He took this thing on the diet the other thread was complaining about. He trimmed out the unneccesary pieces of the doors with a plasma cutter, and even took out bolts and fixtures that weren't structerally needed. He also has new wheels, (obviously from the pics), and new Toyo Proxes RA1 tires, at least I assume because that is the standard.
GUESSING FROM HERE ON OUT HOWEVER the above is true
The reason they kept the stock shifter and stock drivetrain however, is, this is a guess, so dont quote me, is that the Camaro might be a touring class 2 car, so, he can compete in the AI (American Ion) races with the V8 LS3, but kept it stock so he could keep the points down that come from modifying certain components on the car. Might be stock, Might not be, Again. I have no idea.

Hope this helps?
I am Brian (the car owner) and basically the reason we have kept the stock shifter is, we don't see a need to change it at this time. When I ran the car on the track the weekend before we tore it apart, I had no issues with the shifting.........other than the excessive movement of the tranny/engine. Pfadt has addressed that with new engine and tranny mounts so I am hoping that will be enough. If we feel a need to improve the shifting further through testing, we will do that. American Iron has no limits on what we can do relating to shifters, we will just wait and see.

Also as a side note. Met Aaron Pfadt and crew for the first time this weekend, they are a top notch group of guys, I cannot stress that enough. Anyone looking to upgrade their camaro with "GO" rather than show, I can not imagine asking for better or more professional group of people.

Brian
2008 Corvette Z06
Old 09-15-2009, 05:56 PM   #36
Forrest

Drives: 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra-R View Post
I am Brian (the car owner) and basically the reason we have kept the stock shifter is, we don't see a need to change it at this time. When I ran the car on the track the weekend before we tore it apart, I had no issues with the shifting.........other than the excessive movement of the tranny/engine. Pfadt has addressed that with new engine and tranny mounts so I am hoping that will be enough. If we feel a need to improve the shifting further through testing, we will do that. American Iron has no limits on what we can do relating to shifters, we will just wait and see.

Also as a side note. Met Aaron Pfadt and crew for the first time this weekend, they are a top notch group of guys, I cannot stress that enough. Anyone looking to upgrade their camaro with "GO" rather than show, I can not imagine asking for better or more professional group of people.

Brian
I like that theory too. If its not broken there's no need to fix it . Anyways, good luck Brian and I hope they do come out with tranny mounts That would be great. And they seem like a great group of guys too
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:15 AM   #37
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley78 View Post
Looks like a 5yr old designed it.
Next time read the thread.

You should spend more time thinking about what you type before you type it...

In other words, Stop posting like 5 year old. If you get my meaning.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:24 PM   #38
UsedTaHaveA68

Drives: Hyundai Sonata
I would actually murder a small child to see some performance stats on this thing.

And Dragon, I think it looks great
UsedTaHaveA68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:13 PM   #39
ISSForged

Drives: Fast
Very nice setup
ISSForged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:09 PM   #40
Chip

Drives: 1969 Chevelle SS '96 riv
sorry to bring a thread back from the dead but i literally laughed out loud at the OnStar mast. you think they still use the directions and connections?
Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:53 PM   #41
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
sorry to bring a thread back from the dead but i literally laughed out loud at the OnStar mast. you think they still use the directions and connections?
Nice