Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-25-2009, 11:10 AM   #1
camaro19672010

Drives: 2002 ss red anniversary conv.
Is There A Better Way To Check Your Status besides VIZ?

I have been checking the status, and it looks like VIZ sometimes does not check, but once every 3 days.
Can you call GM to have them check for you?
camaro19672010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:23 AM   #2
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Try your dealer... please keep in mind that VIZ does this as a FAVOR to you. He does have a full time job that may be a little more important than updating 100 or so fanatics about the progress of a car they DIDN'T buy from him... If he coundn't get an update to you for a few days, oh well... try calling YOUR OWN dealer.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:27 AM   #3
bluedevil02

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Try your dealer... please keep in mind that VIZ does this as a FAVOR to you. He does have a full time job that may be a little more important than updating 100 or so fanatics about the progress of a car they DIDN'T buy from him... If he coundn't get an update to you for a few days, oh well... try calling YOUR OWN dealer.
, its a huge favor to the forum members......just have some patience and he get around to updates...
bluedevil02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:34 AM   #4
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Yes, call the dealer who's making MONEY off of you for buying the car! It's THEIR JOB, make THEM work. Tell them to close the solitare game on their pc's and log into GM

Then again, there's some dealers like Anna at Spart Chevy, Eric at Classic Chevy, and myself that are PROACTIVE in letting our customers know when there is a status change.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:37 AM   #5
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
[QUOTE=CamaroScotty;1086619]Yes, call the dealer who's making MONEY off of you for buying the car! It's THEIR JOB, make THEM work. Tell them to close the solitare game on their pc's and log into GM

JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:48 AM   #6
Steelheart

Drives: RJT 2010 SS1/RS Camaro-ordered
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro19672010 View Post
I have been checking the status, and it looks like VIZ sometimes does not check, but once every 3 days.
Can you call GM to have them check for you?
Been my experience that Viz was way more on top of things far as tracking than my dealer was. At one point my salesperson was calling me with info i had already gotten from Viz the week before.
Steelheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:06 PM   #7
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
That is just not the way it should be....I always check status, to keep my customers informed, after all.....this is a Camaro order! Maybe I'm too much of an enthusiast?!
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:31 PM   #8
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

My dealer was fairly on top of things. he emailed me the big mile stones... 2000, TPW, VIN, shipping... The rest I got from the VIZ. Funny story. I received an email from my dealer on Monday 8/10 that my car had been built on 8/5 and he gave me the VIN. I didn't tell him I already had it! He also said that the car shipped out and was currently in Dearborn... Yea, I knew that bu didn't tell him! Well later that day I got a PM that my car left Dearborn that afternoon. So Tuesday 8/11 I emailed my dealer and all I said was "IS IT THERE YET?" He responds with... "Well I have good news, your car left Dearborn yesterday but I am thinking you already knew that!" He was right... Car showed up Wednesday 8/12!

Moral of the story if I would have left it alone, i would have found out from my dealer in a very timely manner but i was too excited to not bug VIZ but anyone using his services should realize he does this when he can... and we all appricate him, and all the others who help us through the wait.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:33 PM   #9
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Maybe I'm too much of an enthusiast?!
Is this even possible?
Old 10-25-2009, 12:39 PM   #10
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
whoa, he just asked a question...

yeah, just try your dealer.
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:44 PM   #11
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljustin293 View Post
whoa, he just asked a question...

yeah, just try your dealer.
And we basically answered it. His dealer.

I think what everyone that repied was a little taken back by was his comment about there being a better way. It implies that VIZ is not doing a very good job keeping up with the requests in a timely manner. Thats not really fair to him since he does this as a favor. Now I don't know the VIZ personally but if was going through all that and someone was bitching about how long it took to get back, i'd be a little pissed. But, thats just me.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:57 PM   #12
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
And we basically answered it. His dealer.

I think what everyone that repied was a little taken back by was his comment about there being a better way. It implies that VIZ is not doing a very good job keeping up with the requests in a timely manner. Thats not really fair to him since he does this as a favor. Now I don't know the VIZ personally but if was going through all that and someone was bitching about how long it took to get back, i'd be a little pissed. But, thats just me.
I know, and the OP may not understand the Viz's situation right now..
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:03 PM   #13
camaro19672010

Drives: 2002 ss red anniversary conv.
You Guys Are Not In This For The Hobby

I noticed a lot of you guys on this website are a** holes.
You know nothing about cars and you bought a new camaro bust because it is cool and new. Most of you will probably sell it in a year or less. Some of you guys are very very disrespectful.
camaro19672010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:18 PM   #14
shroomjohn

Drives: Golden Eagle
Quote:
You Guys Are Not In This For The Hobby
I noticed a lot of you guys on this website are a** holes.
You know nothing about cars and you bought a new camaro bust because it is cool and new. Most of you will probably sell it in a year or less. Some of you guys are very very disrespectful.
That might be true for a small percentage, but a very large part are true Camaro and GM enthusiasts. Some are just a bit taken back when someone new as yourself seems to be not giving respect to someone that goes above and beyond on his own as a favor. We are all humbled by Viz's kindness and all the others who help you know who you are.Just relax check out camarotracking.com or register at moderncamaro.com to check. Welcome to the site.